Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

It's a long season…As a Liverpool fan I am happy that the other serious top 4 contenders are also floundering. I will be concerned if they don't have it figured out by November. 

We looked a LOT better today, Quick start. Fast tempo. Good movement. Still not upto last season, but a big step forward. Now Daniel's back to take the pressure off Mario, we can really start the season finally.

As indifferent as it's been, we're still handily placed (Chelsea aside) in the league, top of the European group and through in the Lge Cup with another nice home draw there.

No lower than second. I still believe that.

And don't you be listening to the black sheep DC9!  He's been disowned already.

Hail.

We looked a LOT better today, Quick start. Fast tempo. Good movement. Still not upto last season, but a big step forward. Now Daniel's back to take the pressure off Mario, we can really start the season finally.

As indifferent as it's been, we're still handily placed (Chelsea aside) in the league, top of the European group and through in the Lge Cup with another nice home draw there.

And don't you be listening to the black sheep DC9! He's been disowned already.

Hail.

Hey man

Let DC9 live

He bought into Haslett. It's a tough time

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

And don't you be listening to the black sheep DC9!  He's been disowned already.

Hail.

I truly believe that Raheem is the difference maker on this team. I want them to reward him with a contract and the #7 on his back. I think top 4 is still the goal for the season with a respectable showing in the Champion's League and a League Cup. I believe in the talent of the team, they just need time to gel.

Did he just say that? On Derby day? REALLY?!!!!! :angry: 

That's IT! I disown him! That's NO brother of mine! ****ER!  :angry:  :angry:

As for the game, just how freeking jammy were the blue ****e? Hell of a webb from Jaguelka like for the equaliser but wholly undeserved. Dominated the game right through with good pace and tempo. Finally starting to find outr feet this year. Hell of a save by Howard from Mario. Though no corner. Compounding a poor refrain display. Just HOW did Barry not only stay on, but not concede a clear penalty? Lallana man of the match for me. He was everywhere. Markovic just looks horrible all season.

VERY frustrating day.

Hail.

I don't know why... but I totally expected the a center back to kick an absolute cracker to draw the game, because that's just the type of two weeks I've had.  I wasn't even shocked, I was just like "of course that happened".

I'm not sure what Coutinho has done to get in BR's dog house, either.  I actually like Markovic but he was gun shy today.  He's afraid to be the hero, it seems, but he's great off the bench in both appearances (preseason/City).  I can't think of anything that 10 has done other than the one defensive slip up at City.  But I digress.

Sorry bro, I'm just ho-hum.  I will say we looked MUCH better today all in all.  Even great movement in the final 3rd.  Just lacked that finish.

Arsenal played really well, I thought. 16 shots, 15 corners. We just needed to finish the chances we did have. Still undefeated but still don't have a feel for what this team is. With the mounting injuries may not know for another month or two—hope it's not too late.

Spurs didn't have anything, except really poor sprint up the field counters. 

Which begs the question even more how Sanchez can be sat in such a big game?

Hail.

Who knows. I'll just chalk it up to Arsene sees more of them in training than I ever will. 

I didn't have a problem with the performance, the players on the pitch certainly generated enough chances, up to them as well to stick it in the net. It's a long season—Arsenal fans have gone from "why are our best players playing EVERY game" to "why aren't our best players playing every game". I swear, it's ****ing just to ****.

Hey man

Let DC9 live

He bought into Haslett. It's a tough time

Oh dear A,

If you think he 'bought into Haslett' down to his previous avatar, you couldn't be FURTHER from the truth.

And I couldn't disown the big lump as much as I try and as much as he narks the living piss out of me at times. :angry:

He's my (pseudo) bro' :)

Lil' ****ER that he is. :lol:.

Hail.

• Like 1

Had a tournament this weekend, cruised the first game 3-0. 2nd game got spanked, boys were whining about the "heat"—it was 70-80 degrees with no humidity. I need to send them down to Virginia to play in 90+ heat and 100% humidity. We had two losses this season and both times kids punked out because of the "heat". Lost our third game 0-1 on a crappy corner kick to a team we beat 1-0 early in the season. 

Had a tournament this weekend, cruised the first game 3-0. 2nd game got spanked, boys were whining about the "heat"—it was 70-80 degrees with no humidity. I need to send them down to Virginia to play in 90+ heat and 100% humidity. We had two losses this season and both times kids punked out because of the "heat". Lost our third game 0-1 on a crappy corner kick to a team we beat 1-0 early in the season.

Heat?!?! OMG they need to play out here, our kids were playing in 90+ with 90% humidity. Our kids loved that they were playing in 80 degree temps this weekend.

Man that PSG-Barca match was incredible! Beautiful game to watch...enjoyed every minute of it.

As for today, my hopes are not very high for the Gunners. I predict another 1-1 draw at The Emirates. I hope Diaby and Rosicky get some run today to give us a spark. I have a feeling AW will rest the big names for Chelski on Saturday (don't even want to think about that match right now).

Sweet merciful crap.  Lost to Rotherham 2-0.  I like Bowyer a lot, but I'm at the point now where I don't think he's going to even get us into the playoffs.  I think our squad is decent but he's not getting it right.  He had a good run at the end of last year and I was all for giving him some time this year, but there's been too much inconsistency.

Tough one, though, cause I'm not sure if Venky's can get it right.  Bowyer was their best move yet and he's been able to bring about a professionalism that was lacking for a while.  He's steadied the ship but doesn't look like we'll be going up.  There's no ruthlessness when we go ahead and can't close out games.

I wouldn't be pressed too badly on the issue, but if FFP is all its said to be and the club's debt already looming behind then Venky's have to make a switch to a manager who can get the club up.  Otherwise there will be a major fire sale in the near future and who knows where the club will end up.

Edited by Old Bay

Happy to see Bayern get a win.  Ugly game as CSKA did their best Chelesa impression and parked the bus, team mascots, and player's personal automobiles.  6 points from 2 games is great, and now they don't have to go back to Russia later in Fall/early winter.

Man City took another step backwards, getting bossed for much of the match by a depleted Roma side.  Completely exposed the defensive frailties in the City side.  1 point from 2 games, not so good for the light blues. 

Arsenal and Pool face difficult (well, for them anyway) opponents in their CL match-ups.