Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Looks like Pool going with a standard 4-2-3-1 with Coutinho in the center where he should be.

#Arsenal team v Galatasaray: Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck

Looks like Ox will be playing in central midfield for the first time this season.

• Like 1

I know it's easy to point the finger at Galatasaray's back line and laugh but you have to give credit to the Arsenal forwards last night. Welbeck and Sanchez were wreaking havoc with their angled runs. Their runs are truly remarkable. I like how Alexis has thrived on the left wing because that means that he'll probably stay there once Theo comes back and we'll have the attacking 3 that we Gooners have been hoping for.

Ozil was ruddy brilliant. Awesome performance by him.

Dat Guy finally taking his chances.

Welbz is a lot like Giroud, actually, but a lot faster and stronger.

only thing is that Giroud is a better finisher. Thats it, and that difference isnt huge.

But having some speed in the attack is great. Santi played that 2nd man in the midfield role better than anyone else has this season.

I know it's easy to point the finger at Galatasaray's back line and laugh but you have to give credit to the Arsenal forwards last night. Welbeck and Sanchez were wreaking havoc with their angled runs. Their runs are truly remarkable. I like how Alexis has thrived on the left wing because that means that he'll probably stay there once Theo comes back and we'll have the attacking 3 that we Gooners have been hoping for.

That's because they were a complete horror show.

I would expect any decent MLS side to shred a team who plays such woeful defense.

Yes, well done to Arsenal who were without several players and a man down, but Gala are simply a sad shell of the much tougher team they were in the early part of this decade.

Also, I couldn't believe the crap that FoxSoccer was spewing about Pool yesterday.  No, it was NOT the biggest upset this season in CL and no, it was NOT a 'shocking' result.  Pool were a good team last season, but there was no comparison to European teams as they weren't in the competition.  It is blatantly obvious they can't replace what Suarez meant to them, no matter the number of players brought in.  Plus, Basel is a good side that plays EPL teams very tough (just ask ManU, Chelsea, and Spurs).

Ozil was ruddy brilliant. Awesome performance by him.

Dat Guy finally taking his chances.

only thing is that Giroud is a better finisher. Thats it, and that difference isnt huge.

But having some speed in the attack is great. Santi played that 2nd man in the midfield role better than anyone else has this season.

I don't think we really know how good a finisher Welbz is. He didn't get a lot of chances at Utd. I wonder if what we saw yesterday is what he's capable of.

Easy for me to say now, but that 3-man back line was asking for trouble. They just got pulled apart by The Sanchise and The Ox—it was really more like a 4-3-3 for us yesterday. 

I don't think we really know how good a finisher Welbz is. He didn't get a lot of chances at Utd. I wonder if what we saw yesterday is what he's capable of.

maybe he can get better, but I dont rate him as a finisher.

Losing to Basel is not an embarrassing result at all. Basel is good in Europe. Mind you the Liverpool fanbase is delusional who think much higher of themselves than what is reality, but Basel is good and it isnt a bad loss.

I can't get a handle on Szczesny. To be fair to him though, he didn't have much to do AT ALL up until that point where he came way off his line to make that "tackle".

It was a bad choice by Chesney. Even if the player got to the ball, it wasn't a sure thing—he was moving away from the goal and there were defenders around. Szcz makes these mistakes regularly, even for country. He makes some really poor decisions.

We're up 4-0 and he decides to do this? Let's say they do score, it's 4-1 with 11 players for 30 minutes. Instead, it's 4-1 anyway with 10 players. Just a lack of situational awarenes..