Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey, my team is clearly better than yours because my team beat one of the teams that your team lost to.

Things were much better before Christmas last year and the preceding years in the soccer thread—before Liverpool had a great run in and finished second. Before that things were hunky dory and we could all talk football in the ES Soccer thread without a constant pissing contest. Didn't realize that there was so much latent Arsenal and United resentment. "Success" lets one show how they really feel, I guess. 

• Like 1

Well after about a week and a half with no JV games they hit the pitch again.

We looked at the Danville team and they looked awfully big at the start only to find out that about half of their JV team also started for their varsity team...BOOOOOOOO!!!!

After we were down 3-0 in the first half then we got to play their real JV team and we came back to finish 3-2 for a loss.

I will not be bitter about our JV playing against their varsity.....(I just need to repeat that until it's true.)

Anyways, here are some pics from the game. All of these pics of our team have been taken by a team mom, IMO she does a great job!

15164955788_0bec6f89a0.jpg

15351214482_19831fbbe5.jpg

15165018507_9b9a5f7758.jpg

15328497116_0530c751d7.jpg

Things were much better before Christmas last year and the preceding years in the soccer thread—before Liverpool had a great run in and finished second. Before that things were hunky dory and we could all talk football in the ES Soccer thread without a constant pissing contest. Didn't realize that there was so much latent Arsenal and United resentment. "Success" lets one show how they really feel, I guess.

Behave E. There's no frigging resentment to Arsenal. Aside from being a great club you've nottin' to resent. No disrespect.

Brave we play with and that's all that is. He's takes it for exactly that and gives exactly that back in kind. But the respects there.

Joes just an a ass by most everyone's admission. I don't mind him as goes because he knows what he's talking about when he's not trying to be smart. Hell, he probably thinks I'm an ass. Which is sound.

But when he's an ass, it's sometimes fun to play with that.

Hail.

im not an ass, I just make you lot mad.

No, you really are. But bizarrely I appreciate you in this thread.

Moving on .....

My personal favourite North London Derby was the 1987 League Cup semi. Three fabulous, drama filled occasions when the rivalry was it's highest. IIRC all 3 games where live which was a real rare occurrence back then. In fact I think Rocastle's late winner in the third game at WHL was the first time in all three games Arsenal actually lead. 'Spurs had won 1-0 at Highbury, then we're 1 up and looking at a repeat of the '82 final against Liverpool, who'd easily disposed of Southampton in the other semi; before Arsenal stormed back to win 2-1 and force a third game, I think on the toss of a coin played at Tottenham, with 'spurs again 1 up in front of the Wednesday night TV cameras before Arsenal dramatically came back late. I remember it well as we were already back at Anfield South for yet another final and watching to see who we'd face. That was just the start of Graham's rebuild, and Tottenham where pushing for a domestic Cup double. (they won the FA Cup in a storming final against Coventry,).

The FA Cup semi at Wembley stands out too which 'Spurs won 3-1 after a Gazza masterclass. That 35/ 40 yard free kick man that had Seaman grasping at thin air .....

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Found them:

The dramatic third game at WHL:

And the second leg of the semi at Anfield. What stands out to me is the difference between the crowd of the two games. You've the passion of the North London derby. And Anfield is quite serene in comparison. Particularly at the end. I don't know if it was arrogance as much as you tend to get blaze when your all dominant for such a long period of time. And you come to expect things. As soon as we drew Southampton, you made sure the final weekend was free as we were guaranteed another Wembley trip. You don't want to fall into that, but you naturally do. Shrugs.

Hail.

.....sigh.....

Last night was once again very frustrating on the pitch!

They fell 3-0 and we played so utterly lackluster that it was hard to watch. Losing nearly every 50/50 ball, and the one's we did win first touch we lost on second touch. We had a grand total of 2 (two) shots on their goal.....two........compare that with the 12 shots they had on our goal and I'm simply amazed that we didn't lose by more.

To top it off my son got a chipped tooth for his efforts.

After the game he came off the pitch sweaty and out of breath, he simply said, "Holy crap that was a lot of work." I lost count of the number of punts and goal kicks he had.

~Frustrated (pics to come)

As promised, here are the pics from last night.

This one he actually stopped between his legs...not exactly the way we train.

15342121976_8b861e8850.jpg

15361966371_eba5d2f8f7.jpg

15178375959_7e25ae7dc7.jpg

The weakest part of his game is his goal kicks, he just can't seem to get the power behind them that he gets in his punts. Every once and awhile he'll get a good one but more often than not they just don't go as far as he wants the to go.

15361965811_ffdb4f2073.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Alright guys. Derby picks. Who ya got and what's the score? Sometimes I wish I lived in the UK so I could lay down some quid on these matches!

15 years since the bitters won at Anfield.

Liverpool 3-1. Just because Mingolet's guaranteed one ****up or it would be 3 nottin'. We'll lick the blues tomorrow.

And Mario's got a new Liverbird inspired haircut 'specially for the occasion which is as understated as ever :lol: : http://fansided.com/2014/09/25/mario-balotellis-new-haircut-better/

Hail.

Can't wait to see GHH's 180 degree "we suck" post once Lukkaku unleashes a hat trick lol

Alright guys. Derby picks. Who ya got and what's the score? Sometimes I wish I lived in the UK so I could lay down some quid on these matches!

Arsenal 3  Spurs 1 (Set piece goal from like their shortest player)

Pool 4      Everton 3

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Might wanna change your sig at this point DC9. Not ringing true aside from that 1st preseason game. :mellow:

I have a plan to.  But I don't have the energy right now.

Can't wait to see GHH's 180 degree "we suck" post once Lukkaku unleashes a hat trick lol

Arsenal 3  Spurs 1 (Set piece goal from like their shortest player)

Pool 4      Everton 3

I appreciate the shoutout, but there is not a chance that we score 4 goals :lol:

Giving up 3?  That is an absolute possibility.

Now I'll take my rain cloud somewhere else.  Sorry fellas. lol