Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

A better manager helps, players like Barry, Deulofeu and Lukaku also helps. 

Deulofeu is a stud. I wish Arsenal could sign him from Barca.

Barry will be coming back permanently since he contract expires after this year with Man City. I would love to have Deulofeu perm because he is awesome. However he has only had a handfull of sub appearances and one start against Stoke. So he hasnt huge a big impact on how our season has gone. Lukaku on the other hand is huge. I would pay a gajillion for him. He has had a huge impact. We need to have a top notch forward up front obviously for the goals but also because it opens up the whole field for everyone else.

Also Moyes would never have let Barkley start, brought in a lot of the guys Martinez has. He was set on starting Phil Neville and Leon Osman... Hes an idiot.

Martinez is a much better manager and actually goes out and has his team play the game. Love it.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Exactly MisterP. Everton, as much as /i hate to admit it, are a footballing side again that play to win. I honestly thought it would take a LOT longer to change the mentality of the last 10 years from being a defensive, physical, long ball team to getting it on the deck and playing attacking, pass and move football but he's gotten his philosophy over real quick and the players have responded in fine style. 

Another key difference as well is Martinez' willingness to give youth its head. And in one window he's pissed all over what his predecessor did in 20 with his signings. 

Hail. 

Its been so fun to be an Everton fan this year. Quality play, no sitting back, nice movement, etc. There have been some down games of course, but as a whole the mentality is so different.

Anyone watching the derby that wasnt a fan of either club would have an awesome time. Was just a fun game if you werent stressing about it. :lol:

As Im sure you will remember, I was a little nervous about Martinez being hired. Man am I happy I was wrong. And like you said, playing the youth and accepting that there may be mistakes but its worth it for what you get back and the development, is something Moyes would never do.

As it is with Martinez I feel like Everton is a much more attractive spot for players to want to come and play, in addition to teams like Barcelona wanting to send their young players on loans. And if we can get a top 4 spot we better that money on getting a top forward to replace Lukaku for next year. No way Chelsea lets him leave a second year in a row.

Something's gone horribly wrong between Lukaku and Chelsea. Leading upto the weekend games, Mourinho basically said when asked why his best forward was out on loan (paraphrasing) 'Why don't you ask him? I know why he's not here. He knows why. You need to go ask him and see if he tells you the truth.'

Make of that what you will. But if Everton somehow sign him on a permanent basis I shall not be happy. Dudes quality.

Hail.

*Edit* Trust me MisterP, I don't know a blue that wasn't apprehensive/ upset at the appointment. Laughably, given Wigan coming off the Cup win and Everton's 18 year trophy drought, many I know insultingly went nuts that 'mighty' Everton could go for a manager from the likes of Wigan.

So you where far from alone.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

It also makes it even more interesting as Martinez was Boston's first choice before the Rodgers hire.

IF, God Forbid, he leads Everton to a higher finish again or wins a trophy and Liverpool don't, then the pressure increases ten fold.

What is good is to have both clubs Nationally significant again at the top end of the league. Been a LONG time since that happened season in, season out in my 80's youth.

Hail.

• Like 1

Something's gone horribly wrong between Lukaku and Chelsea. Leading upto the weekend games, Mourinho basically said when asked why his best forward was out on loan (paraphrasing) 'Why don't you ask him? I know why he's not here. He knows why. You need to go ask him and see if he tells you the truth.'

Make of that what you will. But if Everton somehow sign him on a permanent basis I shall not be happy. Dudes quality.

Hail.

I saw that, but I am resisting getting my hopes up. :D  I cant imagine he would be so arrogant as to let his best forward leave. Though it IS Mourinho. I feel no shame in saying I would cry if we ended up buying him permanently. To get someone of his quality when he is only 20? And we have already seen how well he plays with our squad? :wub:

Was that Suarez goal done by someone on FIFA 14?  I mean not me, because I suck, but someone who's actually good at the game?

You should check out the third goal which in many ways was equally as awesome. In terms of the quality of the goals, that's the best hat-trick I've ever seen. And to go add a fourth from a sublime 25 yard free-kick whipped into the top corner then still have the appetite and desire to set up a 5th just added to a wonderful night for him, 

Hail.