Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

We played to get the result we needed. Italy do it all the time in the WC. 

Napoli attacked but we had them in our pockets the whole time. A consolation goal in injury time made it close. You can already tell that the FIFA Rigging dept has it's wheels turning to pit us against Real Madrid in the knockout round. 

Sorry, but FIFA (Really UEFA) had nothing to do with the seeding.  All Arsenal needed to do was draw - and they almost lost out completely.

So, now instead of choosing among Leverkusen, Shalke, Gala, Olympiakos, Zenit or Milan;

Arsenal get to choose among Bayern, RM, Barca, Athletico, PSG.

Choose your poison, it's going to be a very tough next round.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/mens-national-team/2013/12/131212-klinsmann-extension.aspx

U.S. Soccer and Jurgen Klinsmann Agree to Four-Year Contract Extension.

Keeps him as HC and adds National Team Technical Director to his title.

Fantastic news for fans of the USMNT.

Gotta love what he has done so far. And how he continues to build the program from the bottom up to the national team.

Sorry, but FIFA (Really UEFA) had nothing to do with the seeding.  All Arsenal needed to do was draw - and they almost lost out completely.

So, now instead of choosing among Leverkusen, Shalke, Gala, Olympiakos, Zenit or Milan;

Exactly my point.

Now, I am confident that the Gunners can beat any of those one seeds in a one and done scenario but it was have been so much easier to draw Napoli.

No use to keep ****ing about it though.

How Arsene kept Theo on the bench the whole game was really wild. I'm not a tactical soccer guy at all but I was screaming for Theo

• Like 1

Win the battle or lose the war. Did you watch the game? Napoli scored in the 2:30 mark of the 3 minutes of injury time after 30 or so minutes against ten men. 

When you go for it, you leave space in the back. When you go for it, you expend energy with a thin squad going into a tough stretch of games. 

Even Ferguson wholeheartedly believed in winning at home and drawing away in Europe. I'll roll my eyes at all those teams except for Bayern. Arsenal have handled Barca before and it took a BS red card to take us out. PSG and Atletico have proven nothing. 

Exactly my point.

Now, I am confident that the Gunners can beat any of those one seeds in a one and done scenario but it was have been so much easier to draw Napoli.

No use to keep ****ing about it though.

How Arsene kept Theo on the bench the whole game was really wild. I'm not a tactical soccer guy at all but I was screaming for Theo

To me just says he has other ideas. He sees theo daily in training and he has a general plan about the whole season.

For me, the game plan was executed well—keep it close, not expose ourselves in the back to a team that is going to go ALL out, and try to steal a goal at the other end, don't expend too much energy.

Boys, boys, boys. 

No need to argue when y'all know Arsenal won't make it past the quarter finals regardless anyway.  :P

Hail. 

Brendan Rodgers sleeps well at night, under his self portrait, not having to make these kinds of decisions. 

• Like 1

Win the battle or lose the war. Did you watch the game? Napoli scored in the 2:30 mark of the 3 minutes of injury time after 30 or so minutes against ten men. 

When you go for it, you leave space in the back. When you go for it, you expend energy with a thin squad going into a tough stretch of games. 

Even Ferguson wholeheartedly believed in winning at home and drawing away in Europe. I'll roll my eyes at all those teams except for Bayern. Arsenal have handled Barca before and it took a BS red card to take us out. PSG and Atletico have proven nothing. 

Yes, I watched the entire game (Fox actually shows the EPL teams in CL - the only time I get to see Bayern play at a decent hour, but that is for another post).  I saw at least 2-3 clear cut chances earlier for Napoli to score - if they had just pushed up a little more.

I'm not dumping on Arsenal or wishing them ill will, but you certainly recognize that playing PSG or Atletico are much more difficult than Zenit or Olympiakos.  I thought that Arsene should have pushed with more speed to keep Napoli back.  We will see from here. By the way, I saw a projection that Arsenal is 37% likely to play Bayern in the next round, highest percentage of all teams.

true, im interested in seeing how Liverpool does in Europe this year.

They have a seat booked on the couch to watch both finals. Alongside Arsenal. 

Man City is truly terrifying going from defense to attack.

They change the tone on the drop of a dime

At home. They can't do **** away from that place this year to date. 

Hail.