Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

we'll go out too Bayern, but City should beat Barca.

AVB is a charlatan.

I don't know, I think that City's defense will have all kinds of problems with Barca, especially with a fit Messi.

For Arsenal, this is the reason they desperately needed a point in Napoli.  Worst possible matchup (though I think that my boys @ Bayern will remember the second leg from last year and really put it to Arsenal).

I don't know, I think that City's defense will have all kinds of problems with Barca, especially with a fit Messi.

For Arsenal, this is the reason they desperately needed a point in Napoli.  Worst possible matchup (though I think that my boys @ Bayern will remember the second leg from last year and really put it to Arsenal).

Barca's defense is just as bad as City's

and City dont need the ball to attack, just counter. Tailor-made to beat Barca, especially now since Barca are not as great.

Arsenal can beat Bayern but wont unless they buy a top striker.

PSG pushing hard to sign Mata and Pogba this winter. Both won't be eligible to play the CL, the strategy being to be able to rest Matuidi-Motta-Verratti. The Mata trade is pending on the Pastore (Inter)/Lavezzi/Ménez (Monaco, Juventus) trades.

Edited by FrFan

Funny article about 'Jose Mourniho' giving his predictions for CL knockout round 1:

Link

Note: This is not the real Jose Mourinho, but his thoughts might be similar.

Hello. I am Jose Mourinho, the man behind every Twitter account that accuses UEFA of corruption, and this is my Champions League knockout stage draw analysis.

Man City v Barcelona — This is not impossible match-up for Man City. They already beat Bayern Munich in the group stage, so why not Barcelona here? Because Barcelona will have the referees playing for them, that's why. This is trick question. Even if Lionel Messi is not healthy, they will not need him. Barcelona's shirts now say "Intel inside" but the referees shirts say "Barcelona inside and outside and every side."

Olympiakos v Man United — I would say this is easy draw for Man United, but David Moyes will probably fill out his team sheet wrong and find a way to forfeit both matches while making faces like a ventriloquist's puppet that can feel the hand up its backside. I hope you're happy, Bobby Charlton. I say that sarcastically. I actually don't want you to be happy.

Milan v Atletico Madrid — Milan are the only Italian club to make it this far and they will have a hard time with Atletico. Maybe if Italy appreciated me more, I would have a stayed and won more European cups to save Serie A from this embarrassment, but it is too late for that now. I will still accept apologies in the form of tiramisu and designer suits, though.

Bayer Leverkusen v PSG — Even Leverkusen chairman thinks they have no chance of winning and is only looking at it as a fun holiday. "It's going to be a great trip to Paris, a beautiful city and not that far from Leverkusen," he said. This is Champions League, not travel agency.

Galatasaray v Chelsea Maybe after Chelsea advance, Didier Drogba will switch back to Chelsea and continue in the competition with us. Maybe? Please? I need a striker so bad! Please, Didier! Romelu Lukaku's voicemail is already full with me crying.

Schalke v Real Madrid — Last season I had to beat Man United in the round of 16 with Real Madrid and this year they get Schalke. If Mario Balotelli thinks the world is against him, he should try living a day as Jose Mourinho. He wouldn't even be able to operate the anti-tracking system I use so Rafa Benitez can't read my thoughts and steal my ideas.

Zenit v Borussia Dortmund Maybe Dortmund will freeze like ice statues when they play in Russia and Zenit will win? It's possible.

Arsenal v Bayern Munich — Arsenal have been knocked out in the round of 16 the last three years in a row. Bye bye, Arsene.

Tune into FoxSports 2 on Saturday @ 2:30 PM to watch the best team in the world win the Club World Cup.

Mia San Mia.

Suarez picks up the supporters player of the year last night at the Emirates. 

Well, you wanted him at Arsenal in the summer to win silverware right? Nice of him to oblige and lift the only trophy that Arsenal's home will see this year I thought .....

Hail. 

Will he show it at Liverpool's next European match???  :P

sorry, cheap shot LOL

Delusion. A Blues bedfellow.

Touché btf. Touché.

Hail.

Thanks.  Glad to see you took it in the 'tounge in cheek' way it was meant.

In a serious tone, if you look at the next 4 fixtures in EPL, taking 7 or 8 points would be fantastic and really set your lot up for a real title chase.  I think Suarez can easily carry them over Cardiff/Hull, and he will torment Citeh and Chelski to no end.

Get a healthy Gerrard in mid January and look out for Pool.

In a serious tone, if you look at the next 4 fixtures in EPL, taking 7 or 8 points would be fantastic and really set your lot up for a real title chase.  I think Suarez can easily carry them over Cardiff/Hull, and he will torment Citeh and Chelski to no end.

I still don't want to look any further than the top 4 at best, but there's now a SERIOUS possibility we'll be top at Christmas which is WAY beyond anyone's hopes for this year last summer. 

We can now go to Citeh and Chelski after that with no fear and attack. Aguero being out is a great boost too. 

2014 could be quite the year. That said, wish I was booking a March trip to Barcelona around now like. Frigging lucky Manc so and so's. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Well, there is Hull. 

• Like 1

probably to work out some language on the release clause and whom it applies too.

There's probably some truth in that, but there's also a substantial pay raise involved. This also guarantees no one will be bidding in the 40 million range anymore...