Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

speaking from experience (I hope not) ?

Uh huh. It was a doozy of a trip out there 2 or 3 years back. Thankfully it was the Europa League and we took very few 'passengers' so to speak. The few who did go knew full well what to potentially expect and went prepared for it. We did 3 days and stayed in Naples. Which is an absolute ****hole in itself. Deprived and full of slums. There was a blanket alcohol ban on which being Italy was a complete joke,. We got set up in a friendly little pzzeria/ bar and the owner was only too happy to bring out the wine. The irony there was there was a police station on the corner and the cops used this place to eat. So we just sent over a few bottles of wine when they came in and everyone was happy, lol. Unfortunately, the lads in hotels over the other side of the square from our hotel weren't so lucky the night before the game and the Italian ****houses being typical Italian ****houses were picking off individuals and small groups. So we woke in the morning to reports of over 10 separate stabbings with one lad in hospital having had a knife stuck in his ear from behind as he was trying to open the hotel door. Security was uber tight on matchday as you can imagine, as we got bussed upto the stadium and then kept back a good whiles after. We then went on a fricking hour and a half bus tour round and round the Naples ring road until the police, in their infinite wisdom, decided to drop us back at the friging port which was a good 30 minute walk back to the hotel with a basic 'English, **** off your on your own.' Again, thankfully, being only mainly lads that knew the score, we stuck together on the VERY intimidating walk back to the hotel. Off hand I'd say only about 100 boys, but WAY too big a number for the gutless Italians to attack as they drove up and down the opposite side of the road on scooters dragging iron bars and shadowing us all the way. With everyone coming out of the apartments and hurling abuse and ****. If anyone had panicked and run, it would of been carnage. You have strength in numbers your always at an advantage. It went off again in the square through the night, but that was some of our boys getting their revenge in. There's more I could go into, but Napoli was a VERY ugly trip with quite a few casualties. 

Sadly, as word got back home of what had gone down, it grew into more than it was and the return at Anfield was one of the ugliest I've seem in decades, ANYONE that remotely looked Italian that night took a HELL of a beating. Some of our younger end have no standards and we're doing innocent Italians which was bang out of order. The lil' scrotes would of **** themselves if they'd been out in Italy a couple of weeks earlier. 

Par for the course in Naples, and Italy per se. The only place I've never seen any agro over there is Milan. (And Fiorentina. But this is how ****** Italian football is. They LOVE Liverpool in Florence down to the hatred they have for Juventus and the 39 deaths back in 1985 in Brussels when we played Juve in the European Cup final. We got treated like Kings. Sick as that sounds.). Rome is a wonderful City. But DON'T go when there's a footie match on. But Napoli probably topped the lot. Just a moody, ugly atmosphere from the moment we got off the plane. 

The only place that rivals it in recent years was Zenit St. Petersburgh. Gorgeous City. HORRIBLE thugs who just flat out attacked anything remotely English looking through the darn daytime. I had a friend who we left in the hotel with his girlfriend, who got jumped and ****ted to the point of being knocked unconscious as he walked to the bar we were in with his girlfriend on his arm. And as always in Russia, the police were just as thuggish as anyone else. But your in Russia. Who you gona' report **** to?

Naples I would be hard pressed to go back to. Zenit I would NEVER go back to, 

Now aren't you glad you just watch Champions League games on the TV? Lol. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Pompeii is a real cool place BTW if you ever do get out that way. Just down the road from Naples but a MILLION miles away. Real quaint, nice little town. And the ruins of course make it real interesting. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

not only does he not count, you should never listen or read a word this idiot says. He is one of the worst analysts Ive seen for sports.

Even literally worse than Jamie Redknapp

I know...but it just pissed me off because I went looking for an article like this and lo and behold, I found it.

Uh huh. It was a doozy of a trip out there 2 or 3 years back. Thankfully it was the Europa League and we took very few 'passengers' so to speak. The few who did go knew full well what to potentially expect and went prepared for it. We did 3 days and stayed in Naples. Which is an absolute ****hole in itself. Deprived and full of slums. There was a blanket alcohol ban on which being Italy was a complete joke,. We got set up in a friendly little pzzeria/ bar and the owner was only too happy to bring out the wine. The irony there was there was a police station on the corner and the cops used this place to eat. So we just sent over a few bottles of wine when they came in and everyone was happy, lol. Unfortunately, the lads in hotels over the other side of the square from our hotel weren't so lucky the night before the game and the Italian ****houses being typical Italian ****houses were picking off individuals and small groups. So we woke in the morning to reports of over 10 separate stabbings with one lad in hospital having had a knife stuck in his ear from behind as he was trying to open the hotel door. Security was uber tight on matchday as you can imagine, as we got bussed upto the stadium and then kept back a good whiles after. We then went on a fricking hour and a half bus tour round and round the Naples ring road until the police, in their infinite wisdom, decided to drop us back at the friging port which was a good 30 minute walk back to the hotel with a basic 'English, **** off your on your own.' Again, thankfully, being only mainly lads that knew the score, we stuck together on the VERY intimidating walk back to the hotel. Off hand I'd say only about 100 boys, but WAY too big a number for the gutless Italians to attack as they drove up and down the opposite side of the road on scooters dragging iron bars and shadowing us all the way. With everyone coming out of the apartments and hurling abuse and ****. If anyone had panicked and run, it would of been carnage. You have strength in numbers your always at an advantage. It went off again in the square through the night, but that was some of our boys getting their revenge in. There's more I could go into, but Napoli was a VERY ugly trip with quite a few casualties. 

Sadly, as word got back home of what had gone down, it grew into more than it was and the return at Anfield was one of the ugliest I've seem in decades, ANYONE that remotely looked Italian that night took a HELL of a beating. Some of our younger end have no standards and we're doing innocent Italians which was bang out of order. The lil' scrotes would of **** themselves if they'd been out in Italy a couple of weeks earlier. 

Par for the course in Naples, and Italy per se. The only place I've never seen any agro over there is Milan. (And Fiorentina. But this is how ****** Italian football is. They LOVE Liverpool in Florence down to the hatred they have for Juventus and the 39 deaths back in 1985 in Brussels when we played Juve in the European Cup final. We got treated like Kings. Sick as that sounds.). Rome is a wonderful City. But DON'T go when there's a footie match on. But Napoli probably topped the lot. Just a moody, ugly atmosphere from the moment we got off the plane. 

The only place that rivals it in recent years was Zenit St. Petersburgh. Gorgeous City. HORRIBLE thugs who just flat out attacked anything remotely English looking through the darn daytime. I had a friend who we left in the hotel with his girlfriend, who got jumped and ****ted to the point of being knocked unconscious as he walked to the bar we were in with his girlfriend on his arm. And as always in Russia, the police were just as thuggish as anyone else. But your in Russia. Who you gona' report **** to?

Naples I would be hard pressed to go back to. Zenit I would NEVER go back to, 

Now aren't you glad you just watch Champions League games on the TV? Lol. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Pompeii is a real cool place BTW if you ever do get out that way. Just down the road from Naples but a MILLION miles away. Real quaint, nice little town. And the ruins of course make it real interesting. 

My God....

That's insane. I always like to think that certain fan bases get a bad rap but I then I inevitably hear a personal horror story and am left in disbelief.

Insane. 

I think Everton was the toughest game we've played all season. 

I don't know if you guys dominated our midfield the whole game either—control shifted in diff. phases of the game. It was better than anyone we've played against so far. 

I would agree with that, did I say something differently about that game? Honestly dont remember.

Was super pleased with the whole Arsenal game, but was pretty excited about how we dominated the first half in possession. Arsenal came out the second half how I expected them to. As a whole, the last couple of games especially have been super enjoyable games to watch.

I agree MisterP. Sunday was boss.

Everton falling two points back and looking up at the big boys is somewhat fitting again. - :)

Hail.

Silly Liverpool fans are so short sighted. :D

On a side note, how much of an impact do you think Gerrards injury will have?

And if I recall you were saying in passing that Arsenal was going to get 3 points I believe. :P

Edited by MisterPinstripe

On a side note, how much of an impact do you think Gerrards injury will have?

And if I recall you were saying in passing that Arsenal was going to get 3 points I believe. :P

A MASSIVE one. VERY few leaders in this team, and the midfield is short of quality as it is. 

Just relieved we have the points that we do at this point before this VERY testing Christmas programme without Steven and Sturridge. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Did I? Not sure on that. I know I said I hoped you hammered them. Which took some admitting.  :lol:

Never saw the game, but that's a heck of an impressive 5 days to take 4 points from Utd and Arsenal. I can't see Arsenal lasting up the top and think their going to be in the mix for third/ fourth. REAL strong first XI. Little behind it in key areas. 

I have Chelsea and City battling it out for the title. With Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Tottenham and maybe Utd if David Moyes Football Genius gets lucky :lol:  battling out the Champions League/ Europa League spots. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

A MASSIVE one. VERY few leaders in this team, and the midfield is short of quality as it is. 

Just relieved we have the points that we do at this point before this VERY testing Christmas programme without Steven and Sturridge. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Did I? Not sure on that. I know I said I hoped you hammered them. Which took some admitting.  :lol:

Never saw the game, but that's a heck of an impressive 5 days to take 4 points from Utd and Arsenal. I can't see Arsenal lasting up the top and think their going to be in the mix for third/ fourth. REAL strong first XI. Little behind it in key areas. 

I have Chelsea and City battling it out for the title. With Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Tottenham and maybe Utd if David Moyes Football Genius gets lucky :lol:  battling out the Champions League/ Europa League spots. 

haha, you had said something before the game about the points Arsenal would have after the weekend which they would have to beat us to get. I remember because I felt slighted and was hoping to prove you wrong :lol:.

I expect Arsenal, Chelsea, and City to be in the top 4, no particular order. That 4th spot is up for grabs between a few teams at this point. Dont see Spurs lasting the season, dont see United either. Dare I say you put too much faith in Moyes?!? Or maybe you just trust in Howard Webb to help them out. :D

reports say that, to protect the players, Arsenal are on a strict airport-game-airport itinerary. (Hotel, I assume, somewhere, in there). Arsenal's security detail was also beefed up.

Oh and 2 Ajax fans reportedly stabbed in MIlan. 

Yeah. I'm glad I watch Champion's league on my computer. In my sweats. Next to a space heater. With warm cocoa. And marshmallows. 

Diego Costa... who we were SOOO close to signing this past summer, is on the target list from what I've heard.

Only now, he's on everyone else's target list as well.

Liverpool werent that close to signing him, lol.

Arsenal wanted him in January. Swings and roundabouts.

Liverpool werent that close to signing him, lol.

Arsenal wanted him in January. Swings and roundabouts.

Yes... Arsenal were interested... we've already covered that their scouting department consists of a guy  on a laptop outside of Melwood...

• Like 1

Played not to lose and it almost ****ed them.

Squad looks tired....

Oh and Man City this weekend. Good times

We played to get the result we needed. Italy do it all the time in the WC. 

Napoli attacked but we had them in our pockets the whole time. A consolation goal in injury time made it close. You can already tell that the FIFA Rigging dept has it's wheels turning to pit us against Real Madrid in the knockout round. 

Real Madrid are not a problem. Im confident that ARsenal can beat every team we are drawn against EXCEPT Bayern.

Im also happy we do not have to face Drogba either.

The Brendan Rodgers rumors on twitter. Shoulda told "her" not to say steady, lol.

Edited by JoeWolf990