Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

OK.

If Im going to spin it, here is how I would do it.

1- We play Ghana first.  Yes, theyve beaten us the last two WCs.  However, we have 6 months to prepare and everyone will be healthy and available.

2- Germany will beat Portugal. 

3- If we beat Ghana and Germany beat Portugal, we are looking good.  Because Germany will beat Ghana.  So if we get even a point off of Portugal, we'd be at 4 points and Portugal would only have 1.  We'd be facing an already qualified Germany in the final matchday.  Maybe the Germans are nice to their old friend, player, boss and dont paste us.

We got a hard draw, but we did get a nice schedule within the group. 

Well, an already qualified Germany might be more prone to uncharacteristic errors.  And they may be sitting their stars to avoid cards.  Or they could simply be looking ahead.

I think we'll lose to Germany.  But the key to this match may be "by how many".

Drawing Germany on the last day rather than the first or second is a HUGE advantage for the US.

You know, FWIW, Portugal are an ageing side past its best looking for one last hurrah. And as far as European teams go, I see Spain and Italy having the MAJOR advantage being they experienced the heat and humidity as well as the travelling in last summers Confederations Cup. 

A MAJOR factor in this WC with that heat and humidity will be squads that are in tip top fitness shape, It will be a great leveller, 

I honestly wouldn't rule out the US to spring a surprise and get out of this group. 

England on the other hand are ******. But at least the players will get an unexpectedly ponger family vacation next summer.  :lol:

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

That could be an Englishman talking right now.  :lol:

This is BRILLIANT! Italy, the one Nation along with the US I do follow at tournaments, and Suarez, in the same group as the English to put them out. 

For once the first round has my interest.  :D

Hail. 

Yeah, you guys didn't get the best draw either.

I laughed when I saw England pop up there with Uraguay.  It is almost as fitting as Klinsman against Germany.

You know, FWIW, Portugal are an ageing side past its best looking for one last hurrah. And as far as European teams go, I see Spain and Italy having the MAJOR advantage being they experienced the heat and humidity as well as the travelling in last summers Confederations Cup. 

The odds to make it out of the group from Vegas already?

Germany - 90%

Portugal - 40%

USA - 39%

Ghana - 28%

We beat Portugal in 2002, but that was probably our best side ever.

You crazy. Germany's B-team could wax us.

As Kilmer mentioned, we beat them last summer, but that was a friendly, not a world cup match.

I do think that Brasil could send their b-team out there and make it to the knockout stages.  And I am not even kidding.

Yeah, you guys didn't get the best draw either.

I laughed when I saw England pop up there with Uraguay.  It is almost as fitting as Klinsman against Germany.

I know right? After the disgraceful, racist, xenophobic witch-hunt that has followed the guy from day one in England and almost drove one of, if not the single best player in the EPL out of the Country aside from his self inflicted woes; there couldn't of been a more fitting draw. Luis will be chomping at the bit (no pun intended. Hones  :P ) to ram it back up the English you know what. 

This will be so, SO sweet. Liverpool for one will be like a little Montevideo that day.

Hail. 

Sakho and Agger in today.

We'll see.  I like that better than what could be.  Hopefully BR is taking suggestions these days.

*Skirtl... excuse me.

I kind of dig Allen in for Lucas, too.  Less fouls and hopefully more of an offensive frame of mind.  We'll see.

He also needs to earn his money for crying out loud.