Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

My all time favourite WC finals game. The quarter final epic between yourselves and Brazil in Mexico at the 1986 tournament. 

Like the Dutch 70's side, it was a complete and utter travesty that early to mid '80's French team never won a WC. 'The Magic Square' is the finest International midfield, save for the Brazilian '70 side and the Spanish side of the last 6 years or so, ever assembled IMHO.

Hail. 

I do agree with you GHH, I was also a huge fan of the brazilian squad in Mexico, Ajax, and the Dutch team (Cruyff, Neeskens, Rep, Krol, Rensenbrink). It was a heartache to see them lose to the Germans. Then we lost to the Germans in Sevilla 1982, Schumacher bloody drugged b......!. Unfortunately we never had the chance (when we were on top) to play them for revenge during European championship or World Cup. I must confess that they'll be hard to beat in Brazil, they have young very talented players, we have mostly scums :angry: .

Edited by FrFan

"But"= goal

"L'Homme Incroyable"=Platini

"oh la la"=something amazing happened and there is no word for it

This game predates my awareness a bit. Jean Pierre Papin is a young man. I have vague memories (the name mostly) of Joel Bats, Jean Tigana, and Alain Giresse. Of course Platini but who didn't know him?

Was just offered a Striker spot in a mid division team down here in Central VA. So excited.  Glad to move on from my old team.  They treated me like crap late in the season despite being their Fernando Torres (Scoring dramatic goals to save them while quietly taking care of business.  Only to have them kick to me to the bench the last game for no reason.  Only thing that hurts more for striker to not get to score goals is to have his teammates stab him in the back like that).

(I was wearing the #9 which is why I say Torres too lol)

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1

Mignolet loves giving up goals from 30 yards out.

Even though that one hit Skirtel, he has to be better at those.  That's like the third or fourth one of the season.

all joking aside, what's up with Soldado?? I have not seen a pro striker move less than this guy. No runs. Just stands in front of the center backs. 

Not even Jozy?

If Coutihno doesn't come out for the second half we are stupid.

Coutinho and Agger on the bench to start already has Rodgers down as that. 

Given we've not turned up in the second half most all year, not optimistic here. We HAVE to get 9 points out of 9 this week with the run of fixtures to follow. 

If we're still in the top four come New Years Day I'll be MORE than happy. 

Hail. 

Mignolet loves giving up goals from 30 yards out.

Even though that one hit Skirtel, he has to be better at those.  That's like the third or fourth one of the season.

Not even Jozy?

Not even Jozy. 

I was just about to praise Coutnho and then he lost the ball. But he looks like a difference maker out there.

Citeh, Arsenal and Chelsea would of destroyed Hull today, 

Absolute ******* joke. ***** performance when we needed to win out this week with the Crimbo fixtures looming. 

First time we've ever lost against Hull in 17 attempts. Just glad I pick and chose my games these days and didn't pay for that *****. Woeful display. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Citeh, Arsenal and Chelsea would of destroyed Hull today, 

Absolute ******* joke. ***** performance when we needed to win out this week with the Crimbo fixtures looming. 

First time we've ever lost against Hull in 17 attempts. Just glad I pick and chose my games these days and din't pay for that *****. Woeful display. 

Hail. 

So might be a bad time to ask GHH (I watched the game) but do you play soccer over there in England? I really should open this question to everyone.  Be curious to see how many play soccer that post on this thread.  I always kind of wondered.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88