Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

And then up 3-1 on joe Allen's insurance goal...

Waste of 19 mil.

I was never uncomfortable, because for some reason I knew we'd draw... especially when I saw Sturridge warming up.  But I was still disappointed.

Miralles had no business being in that game on two separate occasions he drew blood.  Two.  I understand the derby concept... but **** if that wasn't dissappointing.

Mignolet was outstanding today.  Saved our bacon.  Also, second straight strong showing for Flanagan.  This kid has been fantastic against no less than Arsenal and an improved Everton side.

That ball to Moses in stoppage time where he got under the header has got to be put into the back of the net.  Champions league teams score those goals.

There's a lot to be excited about but there is a lot of work to be done.

And I agree, GHH, I want to add Di Maria to Benzema and then about $40 mil in cash if they want Suarez. 

Well that was frustrating... If Mignolet doesn't play out of his mind we get a couple more goals. And we of course give up a goal in the last few minutes...

I've always wondered what it was like to watch a game through blue glasses.

I've always wondered what it was like to watch a game through blue glasses.

I forgot Liverpool fans have no bias and are more knowledgeable. :rolleyes:

Everton had more possession, had 12 shots on goal vs 5 for Liverpool, and the Liverpool keeper had about 10 saves. Most were rather amazing saves.

So I'm the one viewing this game through rose colored glasses? Sure.

We got away with one, yet still should of won with two gilt edged chances for Allen and Moses. How Moses got under the header is beyond me  Just WTF Allen was doing is anyones guess. Useless Welsh divvy. (Polite GHH.). 

Rip roaring derby made even more exciting by some absolutely atrocious defending from both teams on all 6 goals. Schoolboy marking from Everton on Coutinho, and then Gerrard completely letting Mirallas get goalside in front of him. I don't know who left the gap in Everton's wall, but that's on Howard as he sets it to begin with. The totally non-existent marking on both Lukaku's goals was ridiculous. And it looked like Sturridge had a free header on the last minute flick for the equaliser. (Thank you SO much England yet again for playing him the full 90 minutes Tuesday in a meaningless friendly and costing us, who pay the fella's wages, his services for the bulk of today. Another reason to hate England.). 

Glad to read Mirallas' two tackles were as disgraceful as they looked in the ground. (Did he stamp on Suarez on the second one?). It seemed Everton targeted Suarez from the get-go to kick the living piss out of him. And they had a compliant tit of a referee to help to that end. 

This sitting back in the second half of games is getting beyond ridiculous. To say we're predictable from one half to the next is an understatement. I read somewhere this week that if you took our first half's this season over the second half results, we'd be 5 points clear at the top of the league. That, coupled with the shocking defending that continues to blight this team tells you why although we're improving we still have a LONG way to go to consistently challenge for the league over the course of a full season. 

Town was unusually quite after the game too bar a few isolated scuffles as far as I could see. I guess the excitement of the 3-3 (was that the first ever 3-3 in the Derby? Certainly is in my lifetime) pacified everyone. 

Mixed day. Relieved and happy to get the point. Disappointed not to of won with the scandalous Allen and Mosses misses. (How did the young Spaniard miss when clean through for Everton too? ). Feeling very fortunate as Everton certainly deserved more for their overall efforts. 

Mingolet my MOTM outside of Lukaku for Everton. Blameless on all 3 goals and kept us in it with some great 'keeping. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Yeah Meirales led with his boot, studs up, on the knee, I don't even know if the ball was in the picture. Left Suarez with bloody holes where his studs connected.

Yeah, seen the pics from the first one but not the vt yet until MOTD. That was a potential career ender. 

But it was more the second one I was asking about as it looked from on high like he stamped on a prostrate Suarez on the ground.

Hail.  

(Thank you SO much England yet again for playing him the full 90 minutes Tuesday in a meaningless friendly and costing us, who pay the fella's wages, his services for the bulk of today. Another reason to hate England.).

Well I will say Lakaku made our defense look sillier than anyone else has all year.

And as for the quoted portion, I've been mad about this for the last couple of days.  I'm glad we were able to get a point out of it.

I forgot Liverpool fans have no bias and are more knowledgeable.

Finally! :P

See you in a few months ;)

seeing corc's replay of the first one... that should be a retroactive ban. the ball is at luis' foot, and he came nowhere near it. I wont buy that a professional footballer can miss his target by 18 inches. 

The first challenge is a potential career ender. I loved BR line that he'd be interested to see what would of happened if it had been Suarez in the Mirallas role. 

Public beheading on the field at half time AND a 12 match ban is the current bookies favourite .....

Finally! :P

See you in a few months ;)

LMAO! Brilliantly played Sarge. You'd fit in perfect in this City. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

*Sings 'Ohhhh Sami Sami .....'

Good luck to Leverkusen tonight, And Shaktar in the other game. It would be SUCH a shame to see David Moyes Football GENIUS! in the Europa League.  :D

' ..... Sami Sami Sami Sami Hyp-pi-a' Living LEG-END!

Hail. 

*And condolences to the family of the construction workers killed at the stadium in San Paolo. God rest. 

FIFA Hacked: Fake World Cup Draws Released

FIFA confirmed Thursday morning that they have been the target of a hacked system, who had published on its website fake (ghosts)world cup groups and draws. The attacked confirmed on FIFA website by a telephone spokesman reads "We were attacked. However, the draw has not been made by FIFA, since the procedure of the lottery will be defined by December 3."
Following the implementation of the process, tests will be made by FIFA to prepare in detail the draw.

Nigeria+osas+eye+group+draw.jpg

Edited by FrFan

Now if that was the actual draw that would be hilarious as I'd fancy England to be on the first plane home after the group stage and the US to go on to the knock-outs. 

I personally would replace France with Uruguay just so Suarez could have his revenge on the English and dump their ass'; out the groups. 

One can dream. 

Hail. 

I think we'll be home first GHH, Brazilians want their revenge, because we've been tormenting them way too much during World Cups. This is the perfect place and time to kick us out.

Only question: what kind of trick will Blatter use to fix the draw ? Old techniques such as hot & cold balls, vibrations, or something new.

Edited by FrFan

I think we'll be home first GHH, Brazilians want their revenge, because we've been tormenting them way too much during World Cups.....

My all time favourite WC finals game. The quarter final epic between yourselves and Brazil in Mexico at the 1986 tournament. 

Only a 1-1 draw with France winning on penalty's, but I implore any lover of the beautiful game to youtube anything they can on that contest. That was football at it's finest. End to end, fast paced, amazing technical ability from both teams in an amazing attacking spectacle. A purists wet dream. Brazil ahead early through Careca, then hitting the post twice before Platini equalised just before H/T. The unfit Zico coming off the bench to miss a penalty with almost his first touch. Careca hitting the post again. The Brazilian keeper Carlos should of walked at the death for taking out Fernandez (or was it Amoros?) Schumacher style when he was clean through and round him for the win. Even extra time was end to end as both teams knew only one way to play. To attack with pace and flare. A back and fourth shoot-out with Platini and Dr Socrates missing before Fernandez put France into the semi's and ended the career of the best Brazilian side there's ever been IMHO outside of the '70 WC. 

Awesome game of football from two awesome teams of the age. As exemplified by how it lives so fresh in my memory 27 years later. 

Probably cost you against the darn Germans again in the semi for all the effort you put in to knocking out Brazil under the scorching Guadalajaran sun. 

One of the best games of football I've ever been privileged enough to watch. 

Like the Dutch 70's side, it was a complete and utter travesty that early to mid '80's French team never won a WC. 'The Magic Square' is the finest International midfield, save for the Brazilian '70 side and the Spanish side of the last 6 years or so, ever assembled IMHO.

Hail.