Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Ozil and Ramsey are ****ing filthy....

And the best part is that Spurs have only themselves to blame for Arsenal getting Ozil.  They held out for so long and extra $$$ for Bale that RM were backed into the part when they had to move Ozil (and by the way, Ozil >>>>> Bale).

• Like 1

Wisdom loaned out to Derby County...

Something's up.

At the very least he'll get some PT.

I was just going to post that. Interesting move. Decent standard, although a Prem. loan would of been better at this stage in his development, but good experience for him at a decent team in a tough ass league. 

Hopefully he'll come back an even better defender for the experience and make a real push next year. If/ when Skrtel is moved on, I like him (or Kelly for that matter IF Martin could ever stay fit) at centre half more than right full-back. Natural positions for both. Decent young group in the middle long term with Sakho and the Portuguese kid along with Agger. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I was just going to post that. Interesting move. Decent standard, although a Prem. loan would of been better at this stage in his development, but good experience for him at a decent team in a tough ass league. 

Hopefully he'll come back an even better defender for the experience and make a real push next year. If/ when Skrtel is moved on, I like him (or Kelly for that matter IF Martin could ever stay fit) at centre half more than right full-back. Natural positions for both. Decent young group in the middle long term with Sakho and the Portuguese kid along with Agger. 

Hail. 

Yeah, if we ever play a back four again :lol:

• Like 1

dont feel too bad about the loss yesterday. I think we can get a point in Dortmund.

Really need Theo to come back tho.

I don't know.  I've seen Dortmund play at home several times and it is a VERY difficult place to play.  I think Arsenal do need a point there or suddenly the Napoli game becomes MUST win.

Meh, six inches lower or Per doesn't get called for a phantom foul we get out of this game with a point. Not our best game, but far from worst. They had us on the ropes, we had them on the ropes, and they score against the run of play at that point. 

Corzola was inches away from taking the lead. That would have been cool for him to win it after his injury

im1NpZg.gif

my word Zlatan

I don't know.  I've seen Dortmund play at home several times and it is a VERY difficult place to play.  I think Arsenal do need a point there or suddenly the Napoli game becomes MUST win.

This Arsenal side is a better away team than home team. Dortmund are great home, but Arsenal are really good away. Edited by JoeWolf990

I know Plezen isn't really a CL level side, but WOW, did Bayern look great yesterday.  Plezen had no shots on goal, no shots AT goal.  Bayern made it look like a pre-season training exercise.

As the season moves on and they get more and more used to Pep's tweaking of their side, they are going to be VERY hard to beat.  If they actually get a finisher like Lewi next year, forget it.  They will rule Europe for several more seasons.

I know Plezen isn't really a CL level side, but WOW, did Bayern look great yesterday.  Plezen had no shots on goal, no shots AT goal.  Bayern made it look like a pre-season training exercise.

As the season moves on and they get more and more used to Pep's tweaking of their side, they are going to be VERY hard to beat.  If they actually get a finisher like Lewi next year, forget it.  They will rule Europe for several more seasons.

I wasn't sure how the Pep experiment was going to work out but boy, they are imposing to watch. They possess, dare I say, as well as Barca. Penetrate much better (that's what she said). Press better than Barca. The fitness, tempo, athleticism is also much better than Barca. 

I wasn't sure how the Pep experiment was going to work out but boy, they are imposing to watch. They possess, dare I say, as well as Barca. Penetrate much better (that's what she said). Press better than Barca. The fitness, tempo, athleticism is also much better than Barca. 

The Messi factor. 

I'll take Barcelona to be in Lisbon come May. If it's against the holders that should be one HELL of an occasion. 

Hail. 

You can never discount the best players in the world. But Barca's core is a little aging and basically they'll be playing against themselves (style-wise) just as skilled and probably better athletes. It's all academic since Arsenal will be in Lisbon anyway. COYG!!!