Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Mr C's hedonistic adventures in Bochum. A torrid tale of bed baths, nurses unis and misuse of stretchers. 

Was I the only one that got that from that?

Hail. 

Thats pretty much all I got from my football 'career" to be fair ...

• Like 1

Still staggers me that Chelsea's best striker is out on loan. 

As a side note, when was the last time either Utd, Chelsea or City weren't in the top 4?

Hail. 

I know, I was so excited when we got him, and he has impacted Everton more than I imagined. I know there is basically no chance it happens, but if we were able to buy him after the season I would spend so much money on him. I knew a top notch scorer would have an affect, but its way more then I even thought.

I can now understand a little more why Liverpool is willing to deal with Suarez. I guess I was thinking along the lines of just goal scoring ability but completely underestimated the impact all over the pitch.

I dont know how long its been, but I am loving it.

I know I'm supposed to hate Everton, but I would love it if this top 4 made it all the way to the end of the season (except for one slight change on the top)

That would be great for the league IMO if the table got switched up that much.

I know I'm supposed to hate Everton, but I would love it if this top 4 made it all the way to the end of the season (except for one slight change on the top)

Oh, without question. And just how awesome would it be for the Derby to be of National significance again and not just for City pride?

I know, I was so excited when we got him, and he has impacted Everton more than I imagined. I know there is basically no chance it happens, but if we were able to buy him after the season I would spend so much money on him. I knew a top notch scorer would have an affect, but its way more then I even thought......

Strong rumours are Chelsea may well deal for Barkley at the seasons end. 

Wouldn't want to give up him though. He is a top talent in the making. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Oh, without question. And just how awesome would it be for the Derby to be of National significance again and not just for City pride?

Hail. 

I would be pretty upset if they sold him. Plus I think as an Evertonian he will want to stick around especially if we have a good year this year. I think at this point with Martinez Everton isnt going to be looking to sell their top players, looking more towards pushing for playing in Europe. Obviously qualifying for Europe would have a huge impact on our finances besides having something else to play for.

It may have taken 11 years, but David Moyes has finally gotten Everton ahead of Manchester United on the table.....

Ferguson seen in Manchester hotel with Kenwright holding a piece of paper in his hand. 

Kenwright overheard saying 'I don't care if you have a receipt. We're not taking him back!'

Hail. 

I'd be disappointed if that happened. Everton is the perfect place for him to be right now. I'd hate to see him do a Rodwell and then get starved of playing. He needs to stay where he is for now and get as many games as possible.

• Like 1

I'd be disappointed if that happened. Everton is the perfect place for him to be right now. I'd hate to see him do a Rodwell and then get starved of playing. He needs to stay where he is for now and get as many games as possible.

Yeah, and who wouldnt want to play for your boyhood club and help take them high up the table. If we can make some noise this year, get to Europe and increase our revenue because of it we can keep our best young players much easier obviously. We need to build a team that can do that consistently so we can pay our players that they deserve as well as give them the high level of competition in the European competitions they are looking for.

I always liked Rodwell, but I felt from the moment I heard about it that Everton really stole from City in that deal.

One more game w/out Coutinho and it's Palace.  I feel reasonably confident.  Agger and Coulo can handle this one.

GHH, did you hear the rumor about Atletico Madrid wanting to offer $20 mil for Coutino in January?  I'd say no.

• Like 1

One more game w/out Coutinho and it's Palace.  I feel reasonably confident.  Agger and Coulo can handle this one.

GHH, did you hear the rumor about Atletico Madrid wanting to offer $20 mil for Coutino in January?  I'd say no.

I would too. He'll be worth double that and more by season's end. And then if he cracks the Brazil WC squad .....

We need to muller Palace tomorrow. Not struggle to a 1/2 goal win. Go out and absolutely batter them convincingly 3 or 4. Their the worst team in the league by a Country mile and will be all but back down by Christmas. Suarez's first home game back. This needs to be a real statement game. Not going out like Southampton with a defensive attitude. 

Good run of games which should all be wins before Arsenal. Be nice to go down there top or thereabouts and really give them something to think about. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

C;mon EVERTON, pull this off

Some naive defending there from the Everton full back. Zabeletta went down VERY easily but if the defender gets caught on the wrong side and then grabs at the attacking players arm the attacker is going to go down every time.

Should be game over. City look unimpressive though - they get pulled out of shape too easily and end up with the back four isolated far too often for me.

Some naive defending there from the Everton full back. Zabeletta went down VERY easily but if the defender gets caught on the wrong side and then grabs at the attacking players arm the attacker is going to go down every time.

Should be game over. City look unimpressive though - they get pulled out of shape too easily and end up with the back four isolated far too often for me.

Agreed. Zabaleta is a very savvy player, can't play him like that. 

Good striking from City.

Timmy's beard has got to be getting heavy at this point.  Hopefully we'll get to see Guzan next week against Jamaica in qualifiers.

Oh... and about 10 away from kickoff.

I just can't get enough ;)

It'd be 5-0 if Coutinho was in.  Moses missed a wide-open net and hasn't been too creative.

That Sturridge goal was rediculous, too.

We have two of the better strikers in the EPL.

I really want to call them the best striking partnership in the BPL (I am admittedly biased) I love Coutinho and the team is definitely better with him, but I like Moses. Moses has played with strength and (some) flair. He definitely has an eye for goal and is dangerous on the wing. 

Well that was a mixed afternoon. 

Brilliant first half. (If still dodgy defensively as we get to grips with the 3 at the back.). Ridiculous second half. Losing it 1-0 to them is woeful. Sounds picky, but it's an on-going trend of second half disappearing acts that will cost us against better sides as the year goes on. 

Still, another brilliant Sturridge individual goal. And back on top. Nice position to be in at the International break for once. 

Hail.