Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Yes but the issue is now Bayern has truly focused on taking all the talented players in germany especially those developed by other german clubs.  This forces clubs to spend more to recover from losing those players.  Bayern doesn't exactly pay those clubs a great amount.  They know they can use their influence and money to force the issue should a club fight them.  (Kind of nice Dortmund stood up to them when they can after Lewy with Gotze situation just finishing.) Also those players go to Bayern to get paid handsomely.  Those costs are channeled back down on the fans.  The irony here Bayern's owner constantly has to toot his horn about helping other german clubs financially.  Saying he bailed them out and such.  Funny enough he choose to do it right after that club accomplishes something big.  Always "Yeah great accomplishment for them.  Glad we bailed them out years ago/ saved them from bankruptcy."  The guy did it to Dortmund from the the semis until the final.  He gave them like a couple thousands year ago when they were in 20 mil dollars of debt.  As result he claimed Bayern saved Dortmund.  Those german clubs wouldn't be struggling if it weren't Bayern's spending.  They drive the marketing price up in the league and spending level(Spending level is pretty even besides Bayern).  Like I said sadly eventually this force the fans to spend more thus phasing out some of the traditional fans. It may kill some German teams too.

I get what you are saying, but Bayern has always done that.

And German clubs arent struggling anymore. They struggled in the early 2000s because of a bad TV contract that went balls up. Dortmund went public, and it lowered the value of the club.

I dont think the tipping point has been reached yet. ITs more of a mess in England, imo.

Was just talking about this with some Gooners, because some wanted Fellaini. He's not a very technical player. He doesn't add much to the attack. 

Still a long way to go, but how the heck did Ferguson win the title by double digits with this group? Well, 'cause he's a good manager and Moyes may not have a clue what he's doing. 

I definitely wanted him in the summer but i can live without him

Another way to look at Arsenal's transfer window is how much dead weight we shipped out (although failed to cut the The Greatest Anchor to Ever Live). That is really the key for our future. Hence my "okayness" with not signing Ba—he's a short-term solution that I don't want long-term because we have a shortage for 8-10 weeks. 

Sorry about the picture quote. Stupid Germans. Don't wear jean shorts.

It helps the hamstrings

duh lol

Bayern have been doing this since the Bundesliga was formed. Its not new, but I do think there is a tipping point. It just has not been reached yet. 

And star Bundesliga players get paid comparable to outside of top 4 premiership teams. Marco Reus makes like £3 million a year, and that doesnt include endorsements which those clubs have in abundance. Unless you have an extraordinary case like Özil and Khedira in the last year of their contracts, those guys dont leave Germany.

This has just as much to do with the National team as it does with money.  The German Federation from top to bottom encourages the players who will be playing for the National team to play in Germany.  Sure, there are a few exceptions, but by and large, the best players stay home there.  The Bundisliga plays the type of soccer that the national team wants to play, so it helps the National team by keeping those players at home and playing a similar style as will be played internationally.  It also helps that they don't have to call in players from all over the globe to compete for the national team.

Yes but the issue is now Bayern has truly focused on taking all the talented players in germany especially those developed by other german clubs.  This forces clubs to spend more to recover from losing those players.  Bayern doesn't exactly pay those clubs a great amount.  They know they can use their influence and money to force the issue should a club fight them.  (Kind of nice Dortmund stood up to them when they can after Lewy with Gotze situation just finishing.) Also those players go to Bayern to get paid handsomely.  Those costs are channeled back down on the fans.  The irony here Bayern's owner constantly has to toot his horn about helping other german clubs financially.  Saying he bailed them out and such.  Funny enough he choose to do it right after that club accomplishes something big.  Always "Yeah great accomplishment for them.  Glad we bailed them out years ago/ saved them from bankruptcy."  The guy did it to Dortmund from the the semis until the final.  He gave them like a couple thousands year ago when they were in 20 mil dollars of debt.  As result he claimed Bayern saved Dortmund.  Those german clubs wouldn't be struggling if it weren't Bayern's spending.  They drive the marketing price up in the league and spending level(Spending level is pretty even besides Bayern).  Like I said sadly eventually this force the fans to spend more thus phasing out some of the traditional fans. It may kill some German teams too.

Couple of things that need to be clarified.

First, Bayern usually pay the going price for these players.  In the matter of Goetze, Dortmund was the one who negociated such a relatively low buy-out clause.  Many times, they over-pay other Bundisliga clubs for players as these clubs know that Bayern really want them.

Second, there is no "Owner" for Bayern Munich.  Like the vast majority of German teams, they are owned by the fans.  They spend money based on a budget that they keep to very strictly and keep the costs down to a bare minimum (read a very good article about this here:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2318209/Bayern-Munich-season-tickets-low-104-putting-Premier-League-shame.html).

Also, the issue over Bayern helping Dortmund (it was about 2 million Euro, not a couple thousand) may have been a bit over-stated, but Bayern do have a history of helping out other Bundisliga teams, even bitter rivals (would you ever see a time when United helped City in England?).  Another good article to show the reality is here:  http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/bayern-munich-bundesligas-misunderstood-samaritan/.

Lastly, spending isn't level except for Bayern.  Just like the other leagues in Europe, the top several teams spend lots of money, the middle talbe spend a some money, and the lower teams spend enough to try to stay up.  The list can be found here:  http://www.betinf.com/germany_transfer.htm

I know many folks don't like Bayern because they 'win all the time', but in reality, the Bundisliga is the most competetive league in the world with 5 different winners in the past 10 years. 

Edited by btfoom

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron Ramsey's first goal was absolute first touch beauty.  Ozil was nice as well.

Hopefully, Giroud isn't hurt too bad.

Sutherland got shafted by Altidore's goal not counting.  Score would have been 2-2.  Instead Arsenal then a got goal 5 mis later that basically ended the game. The ref completely turned the game by not allowing advantage.

Was Altidore's 'non' goal as big a joke as I'm reading man? Big turning point in that game. 

Hail. 

LOL literally posted at the same time.  It was straight up BS. Sutherland loss all its momentum.  Arsenal was back on its heels in the 2nd half.  Sutherland could have won that game if the goal counted.  Altidore was literally like straggled by the defender to prevent him from scoring and yet altidore broke lose and tapped it around the keeper. Defender didn't play the ball at all. All he did was hold alitdore back.  Should have been a red card for last defender honestly.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Yeah, that's what I've been reading. I'll catch the highlights in a half hour or so. 

A win is a win is a win and all that Richmond, but man did you look laboured from what I saw this lunch time. No goals from open play against 10 man Palace. Not how things roll the past 20 years huh?

Hail. 

*Edit* Sideshow Bob should of walked for Chelsea too earlier. How Webb could not deem him to be last man and the Everton player clean through is beyond me when he grabbed him around the neck in bringing him down ..... Wait! It was Howard Webb. Never mind. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Was Altidore's 'non' goal as big a joke as I'm reading man? Big turning point in that game. 

Hail. 

Ref blew that **** lol

Didn't give him the advantage and the ball was clearly over the line. They were dominating for a good 10 minute stretch

Bacary Sagna was holding Altidore like a child holding back LeBron James from dunking. Yet Altidore still broke free. It was a **** call

Ref blew that **** lol

Didn't give him the advantage and the ball was clearly over the line. They were dominating for a good 10 minute stretch

Yeah, gona' watch the highlights just for DiCanio's reaction which should be pure gold.  :lol:

These things even themselves out over a year. It is what it is and it went in Arsenals favour today. 

Hail. 

Yeah, that's what I've been reading. I'll catch the highlights in a half hour or so. 

A win is a win is a win and all that Richmond, but man did you look laboured from what I saw this lunch time. No goals from open play against 10 man Palace. Not how things roll the past 20 years huh?

Hail. 

*Edit* Sideshow Bob should of walked for Chelsea too earlier. How Webb could not deem him to be last man and the Everton player clean through is beyond me when he grabbed him around the neck in bringing him down ..... Wait! It was Howard Webb. Never mind. 

Trust me I definitely did not like us sitting back when up a man.  It's one thing to sit back with a 3-0, 4-0,etc lead.  Sitting back up a man with a 1-0 was annoying.  Great free kick goal by Rooney but Moyes needs to let Utd loose.

Trust me I definitely did not like us sitting back when up a man.  It's one thing to sit back with a 3-0, 4-0,etc lead.  Sitting back up a man with a 1-0 was annoying.  Great free kick goal by Rooney but Moyes needs to let Utd loose.

That IS David Moyes Football Genius. He knows one way of playing period. 

How long the ego's at Urtd wear it is another thing all together. 

Hail. 

Aaron Ramsey's first goal was absolute first touch beauty.  Ozil was nice as well.

Hopefully, Giroud isn't hurt too bad.

I actually thought his second goal was even better. Fantastic one touch pass and move. The interchange between Ozil, Giroud and Ramsey was textbook pass and move and a joy to watch. 

Ozil looks fantastic off that showing. Just adds to Arsenals great creativity. They use the ball at times better than anyone else in the Country,. 

But then Arsenals problem isn't when they have the ball. 

Hail. 

*Edit* And LOL @ Di Canio. Apparently when the ref told him to stop complaining or he'd send him to the stands, Paolo told him to send him off and make it a perfect day of bad decisions so he did. 

Love Di Canio. (His fascist politics aside.). Dude wears his heart on his sleeve at all times and ALWAYS tells it like it is. Good or bad. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I think they had issues with that two seasons ago, but last year, statistically, only United allowed less goals in the EPL. This year they're conceding penalties but very little from open play. The penalties are concerning because two of 'em Koscielny made ill-advised tackles on a striker moving AWAY from goal. I think bould has been a great addition.

Finished 2nd in the premier league in defense last year, only behind City.

Even against Sunderland, they defended well but Kos made a stupid penalty.

But as I have said before, chance creation was a BIG problem for this team. We finished about 10 goals off in the league last year, and had 27 matches (in all comps) where we either scored 0 or 1 goal. If we cant score goals, we wont do anything this year. Özil stepped in, and immediately looked like the best player in the league and created about 5 chances before he got tired.

Hail.

It wasnt a turning point in the match, it was already 2-1 Arsenal.

On top of that, every defender stopped when the whistle was blown. Kos would have at worst gave up another penalty to prevent a goal from being scored. Jenkinson was in the vicinity too.

I'm not going to apologize for it. Arsenal has been hosed so many times by bad calls. Regardless, every team gets bad calls that can change an outcome—it's part and parcel of the game—gotta outplay the refs in addition to outplaying the opponents. 

If Sunderland were so superior then they would've played that way the whole game. Arsenal started strong, had a lull, and picked it back up. Sunderland was the reverse. 

I think it was a pretty big turning point, Sunderland had the flow of play and another goal would've boosted their confidence even more.  Having that goal taken away deflated them.

was the call incorrect? Again, there were 2 Arsenal defenders in the vicinity. They STOPPED, when the whistle was blown. Again, they STOPPED when the whistle was blown.

If the whistle isnt blown, who's to say that Jenkinson and Koscielny dont take the ball off him? It wasnt a denial of a goal scoring chance. Now should the play continue? Yes, Jozy had the advantage. Should we say a goal was taken off the board? absolutely not.

Also, Sunderland did not have the momentum. Arsenal had the momentum, having just scored. The only momentum Sunderland had was that 10 minutes after the 2nd half started, which resulted in the goal.

Edited by JoeWolf990