Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Soooo, wtf is up with this 4-0 display today? This is unacceptable. Leave RvP out and you're losing this derby 4-0. Pitiful display

Stupid line ups, unmotivated players, lack of adjustments,  etc.  Moyes is out of element handling a big club and its showing when he's force to face off against another powerful club.  When they played Chelsea the Blues were more than willing to just take a point.  Only player who seems to care anymore is Rooney.  Moyes has loss the team already and I expect him out soon enough.

Stupid line ups, unmotivated players, lack of adjustments, etc. Moyes is out of element handling a big club and its showing when he's force to face off against another powerful club. When they played Chelsea the Blues were more than willing to just take a point. Only player who seems to care anymore is Rooney. Moyes has loss the team already and I expect him out soon enough.

Yeah he is really out of his element with United. Has a manager ever been fired after his 1st year? I think it's possible.

Yeah he is really out of his element with United. Has a manager ever been fired after his 1st year? I think it's possible.

Alex is probably preparing a office (he's a director there now).  Utd fans realize theres a change but you can't be doing this stuff especially when it makes no sense.  His line ups are strange, the results are weird, the mentality of the team is bad, and its just not clocking at all. He's loss the team.  I'm sure there's been manager fired the first year but at Utd I think its happened once I believe.

The BOYS are top of the table!

as for the rest of the league. I dont think Moyes is out of his depth at all. Fergie left him an average squad. They overachieved since Cronaldo got sold.

In saying that, sitting that deep was pretty weird for a United side. City just picked them apart. Fellaini is just not worth what United paid for him. Another MOTD player getting found out

I agree with Mourinho on building around Oscar, and agree with his criticism of Mata. Mata really isnt a special player that you allow to not defend. In saying that, I knew that this summer and so did Mourinho, why didnt he sell him then?

Liverpool, are about to start that drop down the table, imo.

Spurs got it late, but they have problems with their forward line too.

Paulo Di Canio got fired. Not surprised. After he kept them up last year, they should have let him go. So stupid to keep him around too since he bought in about 20 players this summer. Moves like that are why clubs like Sunderland end up getting relegated.

The league is really wide open this year. So much uncertainty.

DAVID MOYES IS A FOOTBALL GENIUS!

Hail.

words said by no one, except you.

thats it.  Fire him now.  No excuse for this.  No adjustments at all.

you would have been one of those fans that would have sacked Ferguson in 1987.

Really?  Yeah it has nothing to do with clearly being over his head.  Ferguson vs Moyes intro is completely different.  Every manager has a adjustment period but Moyes is scaring away talented players, not adjusting to his situation, not understanding his players at all, not recognizing game situations,etc.  Also things have changed.  Any manager coming into clubs like Utd, Barca, Bayern, etc knows the pressure of taking a major club over.  If you want to be in the majors you need to understand the pressure.  He's treating the situation like he's at Everton.  

There's not a Utd fan out there, if he/ she is honest, who wouldn't of backed the club in sacking Ferguson if he'd lost the cup tie at Forrest in 1990. 

No league win in 2 months. Out of the League Cup. Plummeting toward the relegation zone on top of big money spent. The club in a worse position 3 years down the line the one he inherited. If they'd of gone out of the Cup in the third round that January he'd of been axed with every United supporters blessing. 

But everyones wise in hindsight. 

Hail. 

Hey! Me too!  :)

Ahhhhh, wait. Yours isn't because he wears a royal blue shirt right?  :P

Hail

Actually it is! I would like him a lot more if he didnt play for Everton. :-D I think he should go and play for Liverpool, then I would really like him.

I must  say I am enjoying watch United fall. They wont win the league this year for sure, the question now is how far down the table they drop.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

There's not a Utd fan out there, if he/ she is honest, who wouldn't of backed the club in sacking Ferguson if he'd lost the cup tie at Forrest in 1990. 

No league win in 2 months. Out of the League Cup. Plummeting toward the relegation zone on top of big money spent. The club in a worse position 3 years down the line the one he inherited. If they'd of gone out of the Cup in the third round that January he'd of been axed with every United supporters blessing. 

But everyones wise in hindsight. 

Hail. 

One should have the reasonable expectation that a team still full of talent doesn't start completely fall apart.  If Moyes didn't feel he had the players he needed to be successful he could have made moves in during transfers.  However he waited and did very little. He plays too conservative for team like this.  Even when a man up. Once again he's not understanding where he is.  Just because something works at Everton doesn't mean it works at Utd.  Ask Bayern about that.  They have a manager trying to teach them tiki taka and though they've done ok it's still weird for them.  German teams are based on physicality vs tiki taka which was to counter physicality because Spanish had problems with physical teams.

Really?  Yeah it has nothing to do with clearly being over his head.  Ferguson vs Moyes intro is completely different.  Every manager has a adjustment period but Moyes is scaring away talented players, not adjusting to his situation, not understanding his players at all, not recognizing game situations,etc.  Also things have changed.  Any manager coming into clubs like Utd, Barca, Bayern, etc knows the pressure of taking a major club over.  If you want to be in the majors you need to understand the pressure.  He's treating the situation like he's at Everton.

yes, really.

What talented players has Moyes scared away? Name them? I dont know what else you expect, this is an average United side and has been for some time.

lol at asking him to be sacked after 5 games. Especially since you guys played Pool, City, and Chelsea in those matches.

One should have the reasonable expectation that a team still full of talent doesn't start completely fall apart.  If Moyes didn't feel he had the players he needed to be successful he could have made moves in during transfers.  However he waited and did very little. He plays too conservative for team like this.  Even when a man up. Once again he's not understanding where he is.  Just because something works at Everton doesn't mean it works at Utd.  Ask Bayern about that.  They have a manager trying to teach them tiki taka and though they've done ok it's still weird for them.  German teams are based on physicality vs tiki taka which was to counter physicality because Spanish had problems with physical teams.

German teams based on physicality? Is this 1994?

Pep is screwing up Bayern, but German players are technically every bit the match for Spanish players.

Moyes is conservative, but give him time. Especially since this United team is bang average outside of RVP, Rooney, and De Gea.

Stumbled across this.  Yeah Bayern doesn't outspend like hell.  :lol:

Also a quote from a Bayern fan

Domestic fans dislike Bayern because of their history of financial bullying to steal players, a history of unethical under-table deals, arrogant management and perceived favoritism from league officials to name a few.

6+Dortmund+Tfrs+Last+3+Years+(Germany).j

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Here we go again. Biggest game in World soccer bar NONE!

Wednesday night. 7,258 reds at the Theatre of Wet dreams. Many scalls ready to, uhmm, do a bit of 'refurbishment.' David Moyes Football Genius preparing to lose a second game in a matter of weeks to the one team above all others he CAN'T do that against. To go out of his first Lge Cup campaign. I was apprehensive as heck after Sat'days display. The worst at home in years. But then Utd tipped up at City Sunday and looked even worse! Which wa quite the feat.

Full strength sides. Packed house. Live TV audience. Under the lights. No quarter asked or given.

Does it get ANY better than this?

Oh yeah, HE'S BACK!

Hail.

Wednesday night. 7,258 reds at the Theatre of Wet dreams. Many scalls ready to, uhmm, do a bit of 'refurbishment.' David Moyes Football Genius preparing to lose a second game in a matter of weeks to the one team above all others he CAN'T do that against. To go out of his first Lge Cup campaign. I was apprehensive as heck after Sat'days display. The worst at home in years. But then Utd tipped up at City Sunday and looked even worse! Which wa quite the feat.

Full strength sides. Packed house. Live TV audience. Under the lights. No quarter asked or given.

Does it get ANY better than this?

Oh yeah, HE'S BACK!

Hail.

I wish I could say I was fired up about the game but Moyes has yet to show he's willing to make changes or adjustments.   Even if we get by on luck it means very little to me.  Until we realizes we do things the Man Utd way not the Everton way I can't get that fired up. Do I always enjoy beating Liverpool? Yes.  But if its just prolonging a later beat down in the Cup campaign all the win does is mask issues.

I know some Utd fans will treat a game against Liverpool like life or death but having not grown up with the sheer hate its not the same way with me as say you GHH. Utd-Liverpool are linked by many things including your most well known song so I generally think to that history than the unpleasant chants and actions between the fanbases.

Aguero's first goal, he's within six yards of goal and he doesn't have a marker right on him? He's got three around him, but not in contact. All three around him are ball watching. All three, I believe, are veteran defenders.

2nd goal was the corner. Again Yaya comes free unmarked. 

3rd goal, was another pathetic example of marking. Aguero is the scorer and as the play develops he is about 25 yards out, totally passive. When he sees his opportunity, he runs past his marker (Kagawa?) who has completely gone to sleep and is ball watching. Aguero runs past him into a gap between two central defenders (veterans ferdinand and evra), 6 yards from goal. WTF? Mark the most dangerous striker your opponent has. Again, Ferdinand is ball watching and completely facing the wrong way—to his credit he does look over his shoulder to see Aguero's run but that's all he could do at that point. 

4th goal again was an issue of poor marking on Nasri this time. Again, every defender is ball watching and no one is stepping out to defend the crosser. At this point, psychologically, United had given up so it's a bit moot to dissect what went wrong, but I will anyway. This goal started 70 meters in the opposite end of the pitch. United turn the ball over and they don't immediately switch gears to break up the counter attack, conversely City are off and running shortly after winning the ball.Fellaini is too passive and gives the ball carrier too much space to see and too much time to make decisions and too much time for runners to get into lanes. United player who lost the ball makes a half-assed attempt to tackle back. 

<snip> Ask Bayern about that.  They have a manager trying to teach them tiki taka and though they've done ok it's still weird for them.  German teams are based on physicality vs tiki taka which was to counter physicality because Spanish had problems with physical teams.

Sorry, but that is a widely out-dated notion that goes back to the 70's and 80's.  In the 90's, the German federation decided to modify the way they played the game, from the grass-roots up.  The League followed suit.  Now you have teams that play good, attractive soccer.  They don't depend on simply out-muscling teams and playing very direct (ahem, Stoke City, ahem).  Bayern is (and has been) one of the top teams recently.  They are blending the way Barca plays with the speed and fluidity of the Germans to make a really great team (just ask CSKA).

Also, I have no idea where the data came from in that chart that you produced.  All you needed to do is read my post on page 106 to see this (http://www.betinf.com/germany_transfer.htm).%C2'>

I know most folks here in the US only really know about the EPL and Barca/RM (you can thank ESPN and FoxSoccer for that).  You really should tune into some Bundisliga matches to see the great soccer played there.  If you did, you wouldn't be so surprised when Bayern is in the CL Final yet again.

Sorry, but that is a widely out-dated notion that goes back to the 70's and 80's.  In the 90's, the German federation decided to modify the way they played the game, from the grass-roots up.  The League followed suit.  Now you have teams that play good, attractive soccer.  They don't depend on simply out-muscling teams and playing very direct (ahem, Stoke City, ahem).  Bayern is (and has been) one of the top teams recently.  They are blending the way Barca plays with the speed and fluidity of the Germans to make a really great team (just ask CSKA).

Also, I have no idea where the data came from in that chart that you produced.  All you needed to do is read my post on page 106 to see this (

I know most folks here in the US only really know about the EPL and Barca/RM (you can thank ESPN and FoxSoccer for that).  You really should tune into some Bundisliga matches to see the great soccer played there.  If you did, you wouldn't be so surprised when Bayern is in the CL Final yet again.

I watch quite a few Bunda matches. I was just watching Dortmund Pokal match yesterday. Why should I be surprised that the club with 85-90% of the national team on their squad will do well in European competitions?  You are talking about basically a top 3 national team in the world on one club.

We need to get you over Richmond. No game like it. Everton's still the one for me, but this is as close a second as you can get. England's two heavyweights, 35 miles yet a million more apart on the way we dress, speak, our tastes in music, everything!

As I sit in a bar just over from Piccadilly waiting for a few mates off the train coming in, keeping a low profile; the adrenalines flowing listening to Utd fans and the flowing hatred. Should be quite the night.

I would wish you good luck, but why lie?

We'll lick you tonight la .....

'His name is Luis Suarez, He wears the famous red; I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough .....'

Hail.

Barcelona and Madrid are playing tonight?

Also, I have no idea where the data came from in that chart that you produced.  All you needed to do is read my post on page 106 to see this (

I love the Bundesliga, but Bayern usually outspends the rest of the league by a large margin.

This isnt something to even debate.

But again, Bundesliga is a GREAT league. Most entertaining league of the big 5 in Europe, imo. Serie A and Premiership are probably 2nd/3rd

We need to get you over Richmond. No game like it. Everton's still the one for me, but this is as close a second as you can get. England's two heavyweights, 35 miles yet a million more apart on the way we dress, speak, our tastes in music, everything!

As I sit in a bar just over from Piccadilly waiting for a few mates off the train coming in, keeping a low profile; the adrenalines flowing listening to Utd fans and the flowing hatred. Should be quite the night.

I would wish you good luck, but why lie?

We'll lick you tonight la .....

'His name is Luis Suarez, He wears the famous red; I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough .....'

Hail.

Definitely catch a game with one you if I can get over there.   We'll stop at bar and get some drinks before we go. There's certain games I definitely have to see at some point.  I want to see Dortmund against Bayern/Shalke (preferably in Dortmund).  I always wanted to see Barcelona (city,team, stadium).  I've only seen the team and that was when they came over to play Man Utd.  Great experience that was.  But I'd like to see Camp Nou.  Amazing looking stadium.  But Man Utd/Liverpool match. Hell yeah.  I love seeing hostile environments and been in plenty of them throughout my life.  Some potentially life threatening but nothing gets your blood going more.  Even so I'm not sure I'll be going to Mexico any time soon.lol.  

I'd take the San Siro or Bernabeu over the Nou Camp personally Richmond. Although Barcelona is a fantastic City.(Just watch out for the Gypsy's.). Love the Westfallen. Liked Dortmund come to that the times I've been there. Grey and industrialist. But you can't really go wrong in Germany. Nice people. Great food. Even better beer. And the walk up to the stadium if you don't do the metro is laden with bar after bar in Dortmund ha ha,

Frustrating as all heck night tonight. Real opportunity missed there. Total first half dominance without really creating that much. Woeful defending at the start of the second half and a changed game again. What makes it worse is United made changes and were there for the taking. But we didn't. You did. And that was that. Real cruddy night all round. 

Congratulations. Even if I'm not saying that to you with much feeling.  ;)

Hail.