Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Haynesworth and Shanahan exchange words after Failed test (MET)

soljaofjesus

Why do people keep saying this? It's like you are giving AH an free pass. The test was designed to pass and he WOULD have passed it had he not took too much time after the first shuttle. If your coach tells you that you have 5 minutes till you run the next gasser, that means on the 5:00 (using 5 mins as example) mark you better be hauling ass, not still on the toilet or wherever. The break time was given, it didn't mean 30 seconds extra or 2 minutes extra. It mean the exact time and nothing more than that.

It was a test designed for him to fail, thats why we keep saying it. If you cant see that then you are just blind. I am NOT for giving this fat sack of **** a free pass at all. But he could have came into camp and ran these sprints in record time and Shanny would have still failed him. But I applaud Shanny for putting Fat Ass in his place. Good show, let the drama continue.

i'm on shanny's side on this. Who takes time out to pee in the middle of a test? That's bull****. Ah is telling shanny, "hey i'm going to take a piss, and there's nothing you can do about it." shanny is not going to be bullied by this ****.

Shanny is 100% correct on this. You can't have your authority undermined - especially by guys like albert haynesworth.

bingo!!

I can't believe people are on here being sympathetic to Haynesworth.. Seriously, what did you think Shanny was going to do? Baby him? His excuse for missing camp this year was that last years training regimen didnt get him in good enough shape, so he would do it on his own.

Bottom line is the guy signed a 100m contract, and recently cashed a 21m check, he cashed it after being told the ground rules of playing NT beforehand then cried about it and asked to be traded. He can do what is asked of him or he can GTFO.

Was this Shanny being a tough ***, yes it was.. was it warranted, yes it was.

How about those military runs when if you have guys drop out of formation your troop is punished etc? I have friends who have literally **** themselves on those runs to stay apart of the team and not let anyone down and they did it for 1/100000th the amount that Haynesworth is being paid. (Thanks to our troops for their great sacrifices by the way)

This is about a mindset of leaving everything on the field, that's what Shanny has brought to this team, its a mindset. A team first, leave it all on the field for your brothers mindset, if your upset with that then you need your head examined.

As the saying goes "**** or get off the pot." In this case, literally.

Great post.

I am thinking with my head. If your boss tells you that he wants you to come in a 8am, do you think he should give you a pass if you come in at 8:01? You know the rules going into this, so it's nothing surprising about it.

Shanny gives him a condition test. You run twelve 50 yard shuttles and take a break for 5 mins (using this as example). After the 5 min mark, I want you starting on the next gasser. Now, when that 5 min mark rolls around and he's not on the starting line waiting, who's fault is that? 5 minutes means 5 minutes, not 5 mins 10 seconds later or 6 mins 25 seconds later. It means FIVE minutes.

I think it's been shown over the course of AH's career that he's had a problem with authority and the rules. You don't think him taking that extra time beyond what was allotted to him as a power move by him to try Shanny? It was, believe me. Whether intentional or not, it was definitely a power move that he failed on.

I'm thinking very clearly with my head, it's about time some of you start doing the same.

That had nothing to do with why they won the Super Bowl...lol Bill Belicheat rules with a iron fist (as does parcells) and that's been quite successful bro.

You have to forgive Ryman. You see, he's the end all on knowing any and everything about football there is. Yes, he's so knowledgeable that he even told us that he once told his own coach to kick rocks. You expect a guy who's publicily admitted to disrespecting his own coach to add any substance to this conversation? Of course he's going to side with AH, as he's been defending this douche bag this whole off-season.

Why do people keep saying this? It's like you are giving AH an free pass. The test was designed to pass and he WOULD have passed it had he not took too much time after the first shuttle. If your coach tells you that you have 5 minutes till you run the next gasser, that means on the 5:00 (using 5 mins as example) mark you better be hauling ass, not still on the toilet or wherever. The break time was given, it didn't mean 30 seconds extra or 2 minutes extra. It mean the exact time and nothing more than that.

While so much of what you say is true, let me ask you one Question? How do you get anything out of that huge initial investment? Do you suck it up as a loss? If so then release the man and take the financial hit. Admit that it wasn't a good move then move on. That however hasn't happened for whatever reason. So now what is happening.? They have minimal trade value for the man after his apparent failure to complete his conditioning workout today. You have most of the team, players, front office, expressing no confidence in the man so where is the leverage? You either play the man and not release him while trying to give him some type of support. Or tuck tail to the fact that whole situation was handled horribly from signing till now.

This is ****ing bull**** and the reason why so many of the fans suck. YOU ***** and complain about lack of discipline and how rules aren't followed by all. When you get a person like Shanny. YOU ***** and complain even more.

It's simple:

He had X amount of time in between the shuttles. As always, Haynesworth took MORE time than what was allotted, and Shanny penalized for it.

You want to fault somebody. ****ing fault Albert god damnit. Point the blame where it's always been.

First look in the mirror.

Anyone with eyes can tell this was a petty move by the Coach/GM to prove a point.

If Shanny and company for example are releasing Mike Williams and if according to 106.7 and Comcast's Kelly Johnson and Mike Williams did not know he was being released before the twitter report, that is a classless FO move.

First look in the mirror.

Anyone with eyes can tell this was a petty move by the Coach/GM to prove a point.

How is it petty? Oh, so instead of giving him the X amount of time allotted to him, we should just let Albert take as long as break as he wants before he runs the next gasser. Shanny laid the ground rules LOOOOONG before AH showed up to camp. I do believe he said it was his way or the highway (so to speak) and that as long as he followed by the rules, then everything would be golden. Guess what? He didn't follow the rules. He was allotted a certain amount of time and he went over that? Petty? Not in the least. What was petty is AH found it necessary to challenge the terms of the condition test. THAT was petty.

You know what? **** the rules, AH doesn't need any discipline. Why should he abide the guidelines? I mean, after all, he does have some fan support to enable this self absorb attitude he displays.

Kicking teammate in chest. It's OK albert, you were better than him so it's OK.

Pulling off a players helmet and stomping on his head. No sweat AH, keep on doing what you are doing, you are a Pro-Bowler so it's OK.

Tired on the field? **** being in shape Albert, that's for losers. Just take the cart off the field to get you some oxygen. It's OK.

Don't want to practice on Christmas? **** it Albert, I'll just tell the team I sent you home that way they don't think you are a selfish prick who tried to organize a team coup on the head coach.

Don't want to come to mandatory mini-camps Albert? **** those guys at Redskins Park. Who they do they think they are? Teammates? Like those guys pay the bills. It's OK Albert, you get paid more than them so don't worry about it.

Don't like that amount of time I gave you between the shuttles? It's OK Albert, just start the next gasser at your early convenience.

Shanahan should have punched him right in his fat mouth. Then Albert should have hung a size 14 up Shanny's ass, and then they should fight. I bet Shanny would F him up,, in fact, I bet that IS what hapened, and the totalitarian regime of the Redskins is trying to keep it quiet! It's business as usual!

Screw you Czar Dan! F-ing Mark Brunell SUCKS!

~ARGH!

Look, I've been first in line on many occasions to whoop up on some Albert. But he may have a slight point. In all honesty....Al did complete the test in it's entirety. The problem was the bathroom break and them saying he took too long. Therefore having him to start over. What probably happened was he took 30 seconds longer than allotted on that break.

I'm all for not giving him a free pass, but this here sounds like a bit of animosity spilling over. Don't flame the fire when it's starting to die out... Prove your point but don't be petty about it.

Kinda like what my grandfather use to say...."Never argue with an idiot, because from a distance you can't tell which is which..." He tried to make a point... failed and you stood your ground...won! Now move on...

At this point it ain't a matter of him not being in shape, I really don't believe that's the case. It's the Principles that are the issue... Be here with the team!!! Not doing your own thing. True you lost the weight and may be in good shape but that's not the issue. Your team is relying on you to be here with them.

Dude, who takes a bathroom break when running a conditioning test? LOL

The fact is Fat Al was gased and went in the bathroom and sat on the toilet to catch a breather.

Shanny ain't gonna put up with that ****. Fat Al should have went to the bathroom before or after not in the middle of. Ridiculous!!

Shanny could not let him get away with that.....not in a million years!:beavisnbutthead:

Shanahan should have punched him right in his fat mouth. Then Albert should have hung a size 14 up Shanny's ass, and then they should fight. I bet Shanny would F him up,, in fact, I bet that IS what hapened, and the totalitarian regime of the Redskins is trying to keep it quiet! It's business as usual!

~ARGH!

LMFAO good stuff bang

You either play the man and not release him while trying to give him some type of support. Or tuck tail to the fact that whole situation was handled horribly from signing till now.

So, you're saying that players should never be punished for anything? If someone comes in late to a meeting, that's okay if the team can't trade him? If someone acts like he's above the team, it would be a good idea to stay quiet and let him do whatever he wants? This "we're trapped" mentality was a theme of the last 10 years.

Sounds like only one guy booing.

There really wasn't a lot of booing directed at Haynesworth from the people who went out to camp today. Only one or two morons tried to yell at him all the way across the width of two football fields. Plenty of disdainful and sarcastic comments when he was spotted, though.

~ARGH!

You should do a cartoon on this. :ols:

Assuming the reports are accurate that Haynesworth took more time than he should've, Shanhan played this the right way.

Shanahan is showing the rest of the team that he's the boss.

Best thing he could've done. No one is above the head coach.

Haynesworth doesn't have to like him, he just has to respect him.

Even if Haynesworth doesn't like it, the rest of the team will.

It's amazing how quickly people forget how things used to be.

No more lunch dates with the owner.

No more having the owner tell the coach how to treat his players.

This team is being run with one voice, the way it should be.

haha Florio or the mod?

@the guy that responded to me...you didn't address anything I said...

lol Florio once reported that Bill Cowher died.

yeah and Tom was almost fired how many times? and then won a superbowl AFTER he adjusted the way he treated the players.

hahaha what? He was almost fired, for LOSING GAMES.

Tom coughlin has been the same Coughlin-Ranger-Navy-Seal-MyWayOrTheHighway, since day 1, and even after his Superbowl ring. You think a hardass 60 something year old coach, one day decided to change the way he is coaching? Puh-lease.

He changed nothing about the way he coached. When you win games, noone cares how you coach. That's just the way it is.

Archived