Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Haynesworth and Shanahan exchange words after Failed test (MET)

soljaofjesus

I can't believe people are on here being sympathetic to Haynesworth.. Seriously, what did you think Shanny was going to do? Baby him? His excuse for missing camp this year was that last years training regimen didnt get him in good enough shape, so he would do it on his own.

Bottom line is the guy signed a 100m contract, and recently cashed a 21m check, he cashed it after being told the ground rules of playing NT beforehand then cried about it and asked to be traded. He can do what is asked of him or he can GTFO.

Was this Shanny being a tough ***, yes it was.. was it warranted, yes it was.

How about those military runs when if you have guys drop out of formation your troop is punished etc? I have friends who have literally **** themselves on those runs to stay apart of the team and not let anyone down and they did it for 1/100000th the amount that Haynesworth is being paid. (Thanks to our troops for their great sacrifices by the way)

This is about a mindset of leaving everything on the field, that's what Shanny has brought to this team, its a mindset. A team first, leave it all on the field for your brothers mindset, if your upset with that then you need your head examined.

As the saying goes "**** or get off the pot." In this case, literally.

look all I'm sayin is it was obvious a point was gonna be made. Fat ***** could have been sitting at the starting line and they still would have found a reason to get him. if not this something. He deserves all he gets, but you can't have the Coach playing the...Who's D!#@ is bigger game. Shanny made his point! Move on....

You my friend need to step back from the internet courage. It's cool, we all family! no need for the vulgar tone.

Dude, you need to take a close look at the rules.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your profane word and let the filters do their job. Then check your post to see if the profanity was replaced with asterisks. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "#&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Dude, you need to take a close look at the rules.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your profane word and let the filters do their job. Then check your post to see if the profanity was replaced with asterisks. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "#&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Fixed, apologies.

What the author here misses is that Shanahan is trying to build a TEAM.

Haynesworth is being 'torn down' by the Redskins so that he can then be built back up into a player that is more respectful of authority.

It is the same thing Lombardi, Landry, Walsh, Gibbs, Johnson and many other successful NFL coaches have done over time.

The NFL is not the NBA where the lunatics run the asylum.

Haynesworth is learning that the hard way on Day 1 :D

Look, I've been first in line on many occasions to whoop up on some Albert. But he may have a slight point. In all honesty....Al did complete the test in it's entirety. The problem was the bathroom break and them saying he took too long. Therefore having him to start over. What probably happened was he took 30 seconds longer than allotted on that break.

I'm all for not giving him a free pass, but this here sounds like a bit of animosity spilling over. Don't flame the fire when it's starting to die out... Prove your point but don't be petty about it.

Kinda like what my grandfather use to say...."Never argue with an idiot, because from a distance you can't tell which is which..." He tried to make a point... failed and you stood your ground...won! Now move on...

At this point it ain't a matter of him not being in shape, I really don't believe that's the case. It's the Principles that are the issue... Be here with the team!!! Not doing your own thing. True you lost the weight and may be in good shape but that's not the issue. Your team is relying on you to be here with them.

It is called tit for tat - it is a natural human behavior. :(

I'm hoping this isn't turning into a contest of who's dick is bigger. If so, I'd have to question Shanahan on that one. I'd rather the Redskins keep the high ground.

Keep the high ground and have a game changing guy at DE in their 3-4.

I hope they let Haslett hold the clock for the test Friday.

I'm on Shanny's side on this. Who takes time out to pee in the middle of a test? That's bull****. AH is telling Shanny, "Hey I'm going to take a piss, and there's nothing you can do about it." Shanny is not going to be bullied by this ****.

Shanny is 100% correct on this. You can't have your authority undermined - ESPECIALLY by guys like Albert Haynesworth.

Guys like Ah that have received so much money guaranteed for producing minimal results. Wow we haven't seen this before have we? Suck it up, make nice, the damage is done in terms of the financial part. Let us hope we can get something productive out of it. Makes a ton of sense after so much of a financial commitment, recent media so called 'reconciliation' and so many years of being the laughing stock on the NFC East.

I'm hoping this isn't turning into a contest of who's dick is bigger. If so, I'd have to question Shanahan on that one. I'd rather the Redskins keep the high ground.

Shanny is being the Head Coach, Albert needs to suck it up and earn his spot on this team.

Brian you are letting your heart take over more then your head in my opinion. If I am in business and I make a 100 million commitment then I certainly am going to do all I can to get the most out of my investment. Granted, I agree that Ah was selfish and a tool but why compound the fact by everyone acting like tools. Suck it up and try to get the best out of that 100 mil.. Not shoot down and fudge away that investment which will lead to no effort. Think with your head as much as you heart.

I am thinking with my head. If your boss tells you that he wants you to come in a 8am, do you think he should give you a pass if you come in at 8:01? You know the rules going into this, so it's nothing surprising about it.

Shanny gives him a condition test. You run twelve 50 yard shuttles and take a break for 5 mins (using this as example). After the 5 min mark, I want you starting on the next gasser. Now, when that 5 min mark rolls around and he's not on the starting line waiting, who's fault is that? 5 minutes means 5 minutes, not 5 mins 10 seconds later or 6 mins 25 seconds later. It means FIVE minutes.

I think it's been shown over the course of AH's career that he's had a problem with authority and the rules. You don't think him taking that extra time beyond what was allotted to him was a power move by him to try Shanny? It was, believe me. Whether intentional or not, it was definitely a power move that he failed on.

I'm thinking very clearly with my head, it's about time some of you start doing the same.

yeah and Tom was almost fired how many times? and then won a superbowl AFTER he adjusted the way he treated the players.

That had nothing to do with why they won the Super Bowl...lol Bill Belicheat rules with a iron fist (as does parcells) and that's been quite successful bro.

How many SuperBowls have you won?

You have to forgive Ryman. You see, he's the end all on knowing any and everything about football there is. Yes, he's so knowledgeable that he even told us that he once told his own coach to kick rocks. You expect a guy who's publicily admitted to disrespecting his own coach to add any substance to this conversation? Of course he's going to side with AH, as he's been defending this douche bag this whole off-season.

This was a tested designed for him to fail.

Why do people keep saying this? It's like you are giving AH an free pass. The test was designed to pass and he WOULD have passed it had he not took too much time after the first shuttle. If your coach tells you that you have 5 minutes till you run the next gasser, that means on the 5:00 (using 5 mins as example) mark you better be hauling ass, not still on the toilet or wherever. The break time was given, it didn't mean 30 seconds extra or 2 minutes extra. It mean the exact time and nothing more than that.

I'm all for asserting one's authority as Head Coach but this just seems rather spiteful to me.

If I didn't know better I'd think that Shanahan's trying to provoke a response from Al. :doh:

Any coach with a set of gonads that demads the respect of the players is going to make their star player that refused to workout bust his ass 3x harder than the guys that showed up for OTA's, especially since Haynesworth got a FAT pay day.

Archived