Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Haynesworth and Shanahan exchange words after Failed test (MET)

soljaofjesus

The 1940s style of coaching isnt going to win any superbowls, coaching noawadays requires more intelligent handling of players. I said all along that Shannahan thinks he is untouchable and that his ego is affecting the team, the first clue was his handling of the defence switch, at first he said and I quote" the top teams all play a 3-4 so we will run a 3-4 too" when the majority of savvy football people questioned that he changed to " a hybrid system" to appease everyone. the AH situation is funny to an outsider, people who are jealous of the money Albert got are all screaming stupid inane things like " trade him for a 5th rounder" or " cut him" and so Shannahan pretty much thinks he gets a pass to act like a diuckhead.

Albert already swallowed his pride and came in in good shape, Shannhan should just shut his yap and let things slowly smooth over, actling like a martinet isnt gonna do anything but alienate AH and hurt the team.

lol Tom Coughlin says "hello!"

The 1940s style of coaching isnt going to win any superbowls, coaching noawadays requires more intelligent handling of players. I said all along that Shannahan thinks he is untouchable and that his ego is affecting the team, the first clue was his handling of the defence switch, at first he said and I quote" the top teams all play a 3-4 so we will run a 3-4 too" when the majority of savvy football people questioned that he changed to " a hybrid system" to appease everyone. the AH situation is funny to an outsider, people who are jealous of the money Albert got are all screaming stupid inane things like " trade him for a 5th rounder" or " cut him" and so Shannahan pretty much thinks he gets a pass to act like a diuckhead.

Albert already swallowed his pride and came in in good shape, Shannhan should just shut his yap and let things slowly smooth over, actling like a martinet isnt gonna do anything but alienate AH and hurt the team.

You genuinely think that Shanahan (2x superbowl winning coach) came in to the team not understanding the defensive alignment he and his defensive coordinator intended to run?

This is ****ing bull**** and the reason why so many of the fans suck. YOU ***** and complain about lack of discipline and how rules aren't followed by all. When you get a person like Shanny. YOU ***** and complain even more.

It's simple:

He had X amount of time in between the shuttles. As always, Haynesworth took MORE time than what was allotted, and Shanny penalized for it.

You want to fault somebody. ****ing fault Albert god damnit. Point the blame where it's always been.

Brian you are letting your heart take over more then your head in my opinion. If I am in business and I make a 100 million commitment then I certainly am going to do all I can to get the most out of my investment. Granted, I agree that Ah was selfish and a tool but why compound the fact by everyone acting like tools. Suck it up and try to get the best out of that 100 mil.. Not shoot down and fudge away that investment which will lead to no effort. Think with your head as much as you heart.

Is it fair that Haynesworth is the only one that need to do conditioning tests??? The guy lost 40 pounds this summer so i'm going to boldly say he did more work this summer than anyone else on the team. Am I wrong?

If AH woulda been at OTA's we would not be having this discussion, he wanted to do things his own selfish way. With our past coach this might have worked, but not with Shanny. This is the kind of disclipine that wins Championships and weeds out losers. Way to go Shanahan!!!!!:D

Is it fair that Haynesworth is the only one that need to do conditioning tests??? The guy lost 40 pounds this summer so i'm going to boldly say he did more work this summer than anyone else on the team. Am I wrong?

Seeing as the other guys that were under contract attended and he did not, yes it's fair. I didn't see any other team members tell Shanny to kick rocks when he first took the reigns in DC? I didn't see any other teammates ask to be traded right when the first mandatory camp rolled around? I didn't see any of the other teammates leave others out high and dry because they thought they were better than the system?

Clearly AH is his own man, and he's dictated it all. Until now. If you are going to play the game, you better know who's rules you are going by.

This conditioning test could have been avoided/passed in one of two ways:

1) Attended OTAs and mini-camps

2) Run the conditioning tests within the parameters given.

This all falls on him. I challenge you to show me otherwise.

Brian you are letting your heart take over more then your head in my opinion. If I am in business and I make a 100 million commitment then I certainly am going to do all I can to get the most out of my investment. Granted, I agree that Ah was selfish and a tool by why compound the fact by everyone acting like tools. Suck it up and try to get the best out of that 100 mil.. Not shoot down and fudge away that investment which will lead to no effort. Think with your head as much as you heart.

pretty much the best post in the thread right there.

What a weak sentiment. Oh no, don't you dare upset poor Albert, he may get pissed and fake an injury!

Are you kidding me?! Good, let him. Let him sit on the bench if he can't take it. He'll lose all respect (if he even has any left).

I LOVE seeing some discipline here.

So let me get this straight. You would rather have him sit on the bench than help the team win games. Whose sentiment is weak?

Shanahan has to mark his territory. He had to let it be known who was in charge. I'm guessing that there's 79 other players who probably loved it.

Fat Al will practice tomorrow.

I agree. I'd be shocked if Haynesworth doesn't practice tomorrow.

How many SuperBowls have you won?

Seeing as the other guys that were under contract attended and he did not, yes it's fair. I didn't see any other team members tell Shanny to kick rocks when he first took the reigns in DC? I didn't see any other teammates ask to be traded right when the first mandatory camp rolled around? I didn't see any of the other teammates leave others out high and dry because they thought they were better than the system?

Clearly AH is his own man, and he's dictated it all. Until now. If you are going to play the game, you better know who's rules you are going by.

This conditioning test could have been avoided/passed in one of two ways:

1) Attended OTAs and mini-camps

2) Run the conditioning tests within the parameters given.

This all falls on him. I challenge you to show me otherwise.

this is correct.

i dont get how so many are defending haynesworth. the man had to pass a conditioning test because he was the only one who didnt show up to mandatory (let alone voluntary) minicamp. that means the staff hasnt seen him practice to know what kind of shape he is in.

not to mention he was admittedly out of shape last year (and blamed it on the skins coaches when he also had worked with his own people.)

why are so many giving him the benefit of the doubt here? what has he done to earn it? i'm all for him being on the team if he's putting in the work to be part of the team, but in an apparent dispute about his physical conditioning i'm taking the word of the coach over the word of the guy who brought questions about his conditioning on himself to begin with. twice on sundays.

Wow….I am all for coaches not being bullies, but Shanny isn’t even close to that ledge. If my memory is correct, players DON’T have conditioning tests when they show up at camp. If the player is unable to perform at camp, that is when the tests come into play. So if my logic is somewhat accurate……. AH at camp = NO TEST……… AH not at camp = TEST. Can someone explain to me how this is not fair to the player. Also...as far as Albert swallowing his pride and coming in in shape.....That is what he is suppose to do. That's not swallowing pride...that's having pride.

This was a tested designed for him to fail.

maybe.

or just maybe the guy who was out of shape last year and still wouldnt show up for camp this year was -here comes a shocker- out of shape.

wacky assumption on my part, but possible.

I'm on Shanny's side on this. Who takes time out to pee in the middle of a test? That's bull****. AH is telling Shanny, "Hey I'm going to take a piss, and there's nothing you can do about it." Shanny is not going to be bullied by this ****.

Shanny is 100% correct on this. You can't have your authority undermined - ESPECIALLY by guys like Albert Haynesworth.

This is hilarious! Albert caused Shanny quite a bit of humiliation, and Shanny is getting his revenge. Its well deserved. All the other guys were out there busting their butts while he didnt participate. A few 300 yards sprints is nothing compared to the amount of work the rest of the team has put in this off season

Shanahan's a dick.

Albert's an ass.

Somebody was bound to get screwed.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTBPdVpdMc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTBPdVpdMc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived