Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Albums/Bands you've tried to get into...but couldn't

Spaceman Spiff

The one that stands out the most is Pink Floyd. Love classic rock, but only like one song of theirs.
Not too big into psychedelic or progressive sounds eh? Which album(s) are you talking about? Don't start with Dark Side, I would recommend Meddle or A Momentary Lapse of Reason for anyone trying to get into Floyd.

edit: Like your sig btw,

brushie brushie brushie

For me, it's Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. So much acclaim for this album and no matter how many times I try, I just can't get into it.

A cigar for you.

Most of Pet Sounds sounds like Brian Wilson got his melodic inspiration by listening to a two year old blowing random notes on a kazoo.

I got invited to a Bon Jovi concert once. I had to beg off, "Yeah, I'm planning on being sick that day - especially if I go". :silly:

The Mars Volta. I want to get into them and I can appreciate the artistry but it just doesn't resonate all that strongly for some reason.

It's somewhat disgraceful that you tried to begin with :ols:

Yeah I learned quickly haha. Ended that "listening stage" of that kind of music asap.

Not too big into psychedelic or progressive sounds eh? Which album(s) are you talking about? Don't start with Dark Side, I would recommend Meddle or A Momentary Lapse of Reason for anyone trying to get into Floyd.

edit: Like your sig btw,

brushie brushie brushie

Love prog rock. Rush and Tool are my favorite bands. Love certain psychedelic rock, but it's the ghostly vibe Pink Floyd has along with other bands like The Greatful Dead and Jefferson Airplane that I get bored listening to. I can dig certain aspects of each of those bands, but overall the vibe just seems like you have to be tripping to fully enjoy it.

People love to cut me down for not listening to Pink Floyd like their fathers are in the band. They say it's because I "probably have A.D.D." I just say that I have Attention Don't Give a **** Non-Disorder.

Grateful Dead. A good friend is a huge fan but they just bore me.

This. I even went to one of their concerts to see what it was all about. The stone ****er jumping off the upper deck at RFK had it right, at least he did not have to listen to them the rest of the night.

Only concert I have ever been to that I fell asleep bored out of my mind.

For me, it's Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. So much acclaim for this album and no matter how many times I try, I just can't get into it.

I understand that but I love Wouldn't It Be Nice.

Let's see, Pink Floyd I'm just not that hyped about them though I like Dark Side; Dave Matthews - bleh; Lil' Wayne, Weezer (except Buddy Holly); etc.

Woah, I think this must be a thread about my FAVORITE bands reading the previous posts... lol

Springsteen, Floyd, Dave Matthews, and the Grateful Dead are easily 4 of my top 10 bands. To each his own, I guess.

My list as for bands I really tried to get into for couldn't starts with Rush. A vote goes to Radiohead as well. Queen also seems like a band I SHOULD like but don't.

The common denominator among those is the singers though, I think. Can't stand any of 'em.

Bruce Springsteen!

I'd rather have my eardrums dug out with rusty spoons than listen to a single note.

:applause:

Just terrible indeed.

Oh go read your Twilight books and listen to your Justin Bieber :silly:

Archived