Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Albums/Bands you've tried to get into...but couldn't

Spaceman Spiff

friends of mine have tried to get me into the kings of leon and i just dont dig them.

also my brother went to their show in st louis last thursday at an outdoor venue. i guess there was an issue of pigeons ****ting on the bands as they played..... anyway..... KOL came out and 3 songs into the set a bird **** on the bassist and they left the stage only to have it announced a few minutes later, " for the safety of the band they have decided not to return".

what a bunch of sissies..... beyonce tumbles down a flight of stairs and finishes her show, pink gets sling shotted off the stage and gets back up there to finish...... these guys get shat on by a bird and they sis out? ill NEVER support a band that doesnt live "blood sweat and tears" for rock!

ps my bro drove 2.5 hours for this show!

Pearl jam after Ten... Guns & Roses after the acoustic album...

correct. i thought pearl jam sucked after ten, honestly. never liked another song after that album.

i would add smashing pumpkins after siamese dream.

Jimmy ****ing Buffet. **** this guy and his ****ty music. My ex-girlfriend in high school loved him, my mom and wife love him. I literally don't care for any of his music. I even turned down free tickets and suite passes in the Crown Royal suite at a concert in RBC in Raleigh back in 2003 because I hate that tool so bad.

Yes, I turned down free booze and food to not have to travel to see that ****tard.

Edit: I can tolerate his music, but don't care for it. Out of 1 gazillion songs, a couple to a few are ok, but I can't say I really like them one way or the other.

All this thread really proves is there's no accounting for taste!

But I would like to add > Anything recorded with a freekin auto-tune just makes me wanna retch! **** those no talent nimrods that use those things. Worse thing ever invented by the music business. Period!

:helmet:

Sublime? Sublime is awesome fun. It's not deep, but ska punk isn't supposed to be deep.

But it's ok if you don't like it too. It's not even deep enough to argue about. :silly:

Some of my friends back in high school who were stoners thought sublime was incredibly deep, insightful, and mind-blowing lol

Some of my friends back in high school who were stoners thought sublime was incredibly deep, insightful, and mind-blowing lol

When I was a stoner back then, I thought that "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" was the most profound thing I ever heard.

I also thought that Cheetos were fine cuisine.

ON the other hand, "April 29, 1992 (Miami)" is pretty damn biting song. Rips a hole right through the bullcrap that lefty anarchist tuff guys try to sell about themselves.

This dude listens to way too much rock radio.

I do? I actually don't really listen to the radio because of music like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins,

and pretty much most of the mainstream music that is played.

If I want to hear something heavy ill throw in some Sick of it All, Suicidal Tendencies, Clutch,

Hate Breed, 25 ta Life, Bad Brains, or Gut Instinct. IMO the radio plays a lot of wanna be rock.

Man, it sounds like you and I have the same tastes in Rush. Everything after Grace Under Pressure is spotty to me. I like three songs off of Power Windows...The Big Money, Marathon (love that song) and Mystic Rhythms.

I'm only recently getting back into the odd listen or two - I went years without much Rush. A few years ago though I decided to acquire all the Max Webster songs I could in digital format (all my stuff is on vinyl), and since they were good buddies with Rush (have you heard "Battlescar"?) it got me back into listening to some more Rush.

Temples of Syrinx has been floating in the back of my head since yesterday thanks to this thread.

The Circle Jerks turned into a cover band?

They did a medley of covers on "Golden Shower of Hits" and it includes:

"Along Comes Mary" by The Association

"Close to You" by The Carpenters

"Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band

"Having My Baby" by Paul Anka and Odia Coates

"Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain & Tennille

"D-I-V-O-R-C-E" by Tammy Wynette

My favorite song by them is definitely "Wonderful" - great juxtaposition of angry music and corny positive lyrics.

Oh, here's a 'trying to get into a band' success story (or two):

-Opeth: I tried to get into them with Ghost Reveries. That was my first mistake, I just didn't get the album at all so I didn't listen to them a whole bunch. Being a big prog rock fan this puzzled me, but I still didn't try to hard and chalked it up to personal taste. Then a friend of mine said I was crazy for not listening to their other stuff and recommended some starting songs and albums. Long story short I've bought all of their records (not downloaded since good music needs financial support) and they are now one of my top 5 favorite bands.

-Mastodon: a similar story to Opeth. I checked out one song and it didn't appeal to me. I then checked the 30 second previews of their songs on itunes and decided I didn't like it at all. Well I recently tried to get into them again and took a plunge and bought Crack the Skye. I love this album so I'll probably be purchasing more Mastodon in the future.

thought some success at acquiring taste instead of failure might be good to share :)

Archived