Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event

Hunter44

http://www.helium.com/items/1882339-doomsday-how-bp-gulf-disaster-may-have-triggered-a-world-killing-event

Ominous reports are leaking past the BP Gulf salvage operation news blackout that the disaster unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico may be about to reach biblical proportions.

251 million years ago a mammoth undersea methane bubble caused massive explosions, poisoned the atmosphere and destroyed more than 96 percent of all life on Earth. [1] Experts agree that what is known as the Permian extinction event was the greatest mass extinction event in the history of the world. [2]

55 million years later another methane bubble ruptured causing more mass extinctions during the Late Paleocene Thermal Maximum (LPTM).

The LPTM lasted 100,000 years. [3]

Those subterranean seas of methane virtually reshaped the planet when they explosively blew from deep beneath the waters of what is today called the Gulf of Mexico.

Now, worried scientists are increasingly concerned the same series of catastrophic events that led to worldwide death back then may be happening again-and no known technology can stop it.

The bottom line: BP’s Deepwater Horizon drilling operation may have triggered an irreversible, cascading geological Apocalypse that will culminate with the first mass extinction of life on Earth in many millions of years.

The bottom line: BP’s Deepwater Horizon drilling operation may have triggered an irreversible, cascading geological Apocalypse that will culminate with the first mass extinction of life on Earth in many millions of years.

The oil giant drilled down miles into a geologically unstable region and may have set the stage for the eventual premature release of a methane mega-bubble.

Yikes...Is this source reliable?

I know the Permian-Triassic extinction is not believed to be caused by a methane "explosion". It is possible that volcanism played a role and also climate change fueled by methane, which is strong GHG.

But not an explosion.

Wait...can I still sue BP if I'm dead?

Heard that lame methane theory long ago from dougr on theoildrum.

Even the greenies laugh at him.

Oh no! Now I'm nervous. TWA downplaying this at the beginning. It's deja vu all over again. :ols:

We come back to:

Moon leaving the acceptable range.

Asteroid hit

Yellowstone erupting in its normal cycle NOW destroying everything

1/2 the volcano in Africa sliding into the ocean and creating a massive tsunami

Reversal of the magnetic poles

Any Universe pulse that would just wipe us out

Complete melt of ice putting 1/2 the US underwater

Attack of any alien race

Ohhh the religious one... Where i'm doomed.

pick one pick one.. any one.

Oh no! Now I'm nervous. TWA downplaying this at the beginning. It's deja vu all over again. :ols:

After reviewing the data I see (a opportunity:evilg:) I was wrong and it is a viable threat

Drill Baby Drill...like your life depends on it.

We must vent these demon deposits before they eventually rupture...Obama's moratorium is gonna kill us all if we wait.

Better?:ols:

Yesh. I was worried enough about the trapped methane in the eastern Russia tundra being released due to global warming, and now this?

Hello, 2012! ;-) (I am not sure if a smiley is appropriate for a thread about a possible world-ending event . . . )

:poke:You're exceptionally cynical for being young man with a good job in good health (far as I can tell from what you've posted here). Course maybe it's warranted! :ols:

:ols: Cynicism is a necessity, when faced with the prospects of a global catastrophe. How else would you be able to keep your head.

:ols: Cynicism is a necessity, when faced with the prospects of a global catastrophe. How else would you be able to keep your head.

I think it is something in the water here,he wasn't that bad before moving to Houston

Archived