Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LA Times : Feds shut down noted site Ninjavideo & ATDHE.NET

ixcuincle

seriously, these cable companies are so slow and not all shows are on demand. What if you dont have a DVR, how do you watch your favorite show that isn't on demand and takes weeks to upload. you find a website that has it

Um, you live without it? If your show is sooo important why not make the time to watch it live. I get the whole watching it online for free, it's convenient and cheap. But it's not a God-given right.

Don't have a DVR? Get one. It's 5 bucks a month and probably the most useful consumer product introduced since 2000.

Cable companies are slow because they've invested millions of dollars in their existing infrastructure. It's not the cable companies either that's keeping things from being on DVR, it's the networks. It's not Comcast that's keeping you from watching OnDemand episodes of Real Housewives.

You can get a subscription to Netflix for 8.99/month (one disc out at a time, unlimited). With the Netflix subscription, they have tons of movies and shows that you can watch instantly by streaming them through a blu-ray player, newer TVs, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii. If I'm not mistaken, you can even watch some stuff on the computer.

That's pretty cheap if you ask me.

Having joined Netflix a couple weeks ago, I must say that their selection of streaming TV shows is rather impressive.

I use my laptop with an HDMI output to my TV and the picture quality is great.

With so many legal choices, why seek out the illegal ones?

Here's some at work we block:

www.bravotv.com

www.hulu.com

www.megavideo.com

www.mevio.com

www.ovguide.com

www.stagevu.com

www.tidaltv.com

www.tubemogul.com

www.vimeo.com

That's only a handful.......these SOB's at work KEEP FINDING MORE SITES! It's funny how they unknowingly rat themselves out with the bandwidth usage. I just look at people who I know are offenders, look at their bigger MB usage, and block accordingly. Hilarious.....

I absolutely hate that in order for me to watch House online, I have to wait 8 days after the new episode....so now I am two episodes behind instead of one. Not sure why Fox does that.

As far as Top Chef goes, I believe it is the same deal. If the shows were re-aired during the week, I would be fine with not being able to see it online immediately. It just sucks that you have to wait so long.

I am sure there are some politics involved in those type of decisions (8 days instead of something more reasonable like 4). But I could be wrong.

I was able to watch 24 in less then 6 hours after it aired. Not sure why they are slow on the shows you are talking about.

Maybe you should send them an email.

• 2 weeks later...

U.S. Authorities Shut Down WordPress Host With 73,000 Blogs

Written by enigmax on July 16, 2010

After the U.S. Government took action against several sites connected to movie streaming recently, nerves are jangling over the possibility that this is just the beginning of a wider crackdown. Now it appears that a free blogging platform has been taken down by its hosting provider on orders from the U.S. authorities on grounds of “a history of abuse”. More than 73,000 blogs are out of action as a result.

http://torrentfreak.com/u-s-authorities-shut-down-wordpress-host-with-73000-blogs-100716/

• 6 months later...
This must have just happened. I just used ATDHE Sunday night.

And it was my go to place for Redskins games when I couldnt make it to the bar......

A sad, sad day indeed......

The site lives on under a different name

You can also go to Myp2p although I'm not a big fan of that site

Costs 100 bucks per month to add on Fios

But okay

Don't want to derail thread so just leave it at this

Then get simple basic from Comcast, problem solved, you don't need Fios. Anyway, there will be more sires that pop up that do the same job. They are just mirror sites that provide links. Not worried.

---------- Post added February-1st-2011 at 05:04 PM ----------

I saw your post in the Random Thought Thread. Sucks you'd have to rip your wall to get basic cable.

It's stealing, folks. Plain and simple.

The entertainment business is a business just like any other one. The overwhelming majority of us who work in it aren't famous or rich.

And the "maybe piracy will make Hollywood make better movies" excuse is utter nonsense.

When the bottom line is effected, Hollywood just plays it more safe. The less money to go around, the less chance an interesting/risky project gets made.

**** Hollywood. I don't care about interesting projects nor if the rich go poor. Movies suck anyway. The Town was good though.

Only good thing about Hollywood is Amoeba Music on Sunset and Cahuenga. Cuz I still buy music. :ols:

Amoeba is GREAT.

Maybe I'll see you there sometime and steal your wallet.

The Town was good.

The way the law is, it benefits content producers over content consumers. With content production becoming cheaper and cheaper, it seems there's a better balance than when Napster was around. With copyright I think there are still some gray areas; for instance "download as DVR". If DVR is legal, than why not downloading? You pay for the content, you are simply time and device shifting. Again, paid for the content.

If you want a sports fix; there are plenty of torrent sites which host games a couple of days after (at least there used to be and I've seen evidence of them still running and probably growing). The content producers for sports were in Congress about a year ago complaining about the streaming sites like Justin.tv. In regards to after the fact downloading, I'm convinced the NFL allows it to happen and doesn't care since so few people actually want to watch the games not-live. Conceptually its not much different than tape-trading which I believe is another quasi-legal gray area. I think it would cease to be a gray area if the NFL started releasing all 256 games + playoffs in some massive DVD collection, but it would seem the production costs outweigh allowing pirates to do that.

Would be interesting if someone did an online type of George Michael sports show, used about 1/3rd footage from sports leagues and claimed "fair use" (commentary) exception to copyright law.

Archived