Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Charles Mann calls out Albert Haynesworth

authentic

Will there be 100% attendance at the mandatory OTA's?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be 100% attendance at the mandatory OTA's?

• Yes. 100%!!! (Except for any excused absences.)
    • No. Everyone is not going to show up.
    • Who cares? I'm a Troll and not a Redskins fan!

I dismissed the media drama. And I am jealous as hell that he got $32M for 12 games. I want to attend a class taught by him about how to retire early without doing ****!

:rotflmao: :applause:

And for the record, whether he had any actual knowledge of the situation or not, Mr. Mann apparently was pretty damn accurate :yes:...

Once every 4 years or so the media is actually right in their speculations about the Redskins...and I hate when that happens lol. :mad: :mad:

Just maybe voluntary workouts were not a part of the agreement Albert signed up for. Maybe his contract says screw the voluntary ----.

Dan Snyder does not have the right to be disappointed with AH not being at the voluntary workouts. Remember, Vinny and Dan signed Albert to his contract. They made Albert what he is to you, the fan, to the media and to other players by giving him the inflated sport's money.

It's VOLUNTARY, what is it you don't understand.

And about the mandatory thing.... I am having a problem UNDERSTANDING it seems. But seems like he wont be there for that either.

Lazy POS. I dont car that he's fat, skinny or in-between. He's a lazy POS gifted with a little talent and a large frame. His mom and dad created him, not Danny and Vinny.

Lazy POS is a trait developed from early on in life. He displays it in full.

Bravo for Charles saying what he did, he's 100% right.

Al's signing was Dan & Vinny's screwup in the first place, and if he's not going to have a good attitude in spite of making the $$$ he does, then get him out of here and get someone in here who will give 100%.

It was a "I feel justified for saying that AH should have been here all along and, because he's not, he's not being a good teammate" statement. Granted, it's immature, but since I've been called a "hater" and been told I am jealous because Haynesworth is rich, I feel like I'm entitled to some immaturity in this thread.

Anyway, no worries.

Don't worry bud. Folks like us were blasted by many and we deserve a little payback. There is so much ownage in many threads concerning Haynesworth it's almost comical. Almost.

Don't worry bud. Folks like us were blasted by many and we deserve a little payback. There is so much ownage in many threads concerning Haynesworth it's almost comical. Almost.

At the same time, I'd really still rather have been wrong... but even if I was wrong and Al came in shape, it still would have been a mistake for him to miss all those minicamps and OTAs.

I feel no pride or joy in calling this. I hope I'm wrong about Portis too.

At the same time, I'd really still rather have been wrong... but even if I was wrong and Al came in shape, it still would have been a mistake for him to miss all those minicamps and OTAs.

I feel no pride or joy in calling this. I hope I'm wrong about Portis too.

I agree with you 100%, but I'm tired of getting blasted by some people and labeled as a "hater" when I see a player as a potential problem for the team whether it be through character issues or on the field performance. I went through the same thing with Campbell.

I have always been about the team concept as a lifelong redskin fan. Too many people focus on the individual and when it comes to AH some people treated him like he had been the second coming of Reggie White.

There's a difference between a running back knowing his line as a whole or a receiver getting rapport with his quarterback or a safety knowing when to play up; a defensive lineman affects the entire front seven, not just himself and another guy.

Yeah, I didn't take that into consideration. Consider me corrected.

Oh yeah. I just wanted to add that some of you should be real proud of yourselves for lambasting a true Redskin that earned the respect and defended a guy that warrants absolutely ZERO respect.

Now go ahead and blast those of us that warned you and direct your anger in our direction and blame us instead of the biggest POS of a free agent quite possibly in the history of this league.

Haynesworth showed himself to be the self-interested whiner I always thought he was.

I hope this situation is an eye opener for people that took what Haynesworth said to justify himself in the offseason.

His garbage about the offseason program not getting him in shape was just a smokescreen.

Shanahan runs a legit program or he wouldn't have won two Super Bowls.

When Albert didn't respond to the coaching change and come in for the practices it was a pretty good indication he wasn't going to be here long-term.

Now he can sit at home and wait to be traded or put on the 'retired' list for not reporting come July 29th.

Ok look. There seems to be a serious "I told you so" and lumping together of anyone who said missing voluntary training (as negotiated in a legally binding CBA) was absolutely unacceptable. And that made him a bad teammate. And supporting him in his right to not be voluntold where to work out makes an idiot out of someone.

As has been pointed out, there is a laundry list of "true Redskins" who have worked out away from the team during OTA's and other voluntary activities. Including "all time greats".

I will say that as of this morning, I do not support AH missing mandatory training. Fine him as much as allowed under the CBA ($10,000). Sue him to recoup the maximum signing bonus allowed under the CBA (~$5M). Make him inactive for the season if he misses TC. BUT, I will still support AH till I am blue in the face when it comes to missing voluntary training. Also, the media has been harping on the fact that the Skins have wanted to trade AH since Shanny took over. Maybe AH is the one that has been pushing the trade?

Ok look. There seems to be a serious "I told you so" and lumping together of anyone who said missing voluntary training (as negotiated in a legally binding CBA) was absolutely unacceptable. And that made him a bad teammate. And supporting him in his right to not be voluntold where to work out makes an idiot out of someone.

As has been pointed out, there is a laundry list of "true Redskins" who have worked out away from the team during OTA's and other voluntary activities. Including "all time greats".

I will say that as of this morning, I do not support AH missing mandatory training. Fine him as much as allowed under the CBA ($10,000). Sue him to recoup the maximum signing bonus allowed under the CBA (~$5M). Make him inactive for the season if he misses TC. BUT, I will still support AH till I am blue in the face when it comes to missing voluntary training. Also, the media has been harping on the fact that the Skins have wanted to trade AH since Shanny took over. Maybe AH is the one that has been pushing the trade?

The other 99% realized how important it was to be there based on the

fact(s) that they were 4-12 last year, there are new coaches and new offensive schemes, defensive schemes and most importantly a cultural change.

AH missing all of the OTA's was an indicator of what was to come. That's why I think it's foolish for anyone to defend him.

I will not defend any player of a 4-12 team that doesn't in good faith do whatever he possibly can to not be 4-12 the next season. If we were winning 10+ games a year I wouldn't care who attended voluntary anythings. Until then, go that extra mile and get out of the cellar. If a player's not willing to do that I don't want him here. We've had too many skaters on this team for too long to not start holding them accountable.

I will not defend any player of a 4-12 team that doesn't in good faith do whatever he possibly can to not be 4-12 the next season. If we were winning 10+ games a year I wouldn't care who attended voluntary anythings. Until then, go that extra mile and get out of the cellar. If a player's not willing to do that I don't want him here. We've had too many skaters on this team for too long to not start holding them accountable.
In 2006, the Redskins were 5-11. In the offseason, we signed one London Fletcher. Guess who didn't show up for OTA's and voluntary training?

Archived