Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Charles Mann calls out Albert Haynesworth

authentic

Will there be 100% attendance at the mandatory OTA's?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be 100% attendance at the mandatory OTA's?

• Yes. 100%!!! (Except for any excused absences.)
    • No. Everyone is not going to show up.
    • Who cares? I'm a Troll and not a Redskins fan!

But who cares if he doesn't let it go under the bridge? Play that scenario out and what's the worst-case outcome? So AH and CM aren't buddies...who cares? I don't see what the big downside is if this becomes a pissing contest (which I don't see happening).

You don't see any chance of a Portis-LaVar level tiff?

I can definitely see both sides of this argument. Haynesworth should absolutely attend the voluntary mini-camps, there's really no arguing that point and it's hurting the team when he's not there. I honestly don't care whether or not he works out with the team though. Tons of players all over the league work out on their own, and for good reason. If your future lively hood depended on your athletic performance and you believe hiring a top-tier personal trainer got you in the best shape, you should be able to go that route.

As much as I'd like to condemn Haynesworth for not showing up for voluntary mini camps, I've noticed the same thing happens every year, all over the league, and we quickly forget about it after training camp starts. A quick google search reveals the names Reggie Wayne, Pierre Thomas, jammal Brown, Abram Elam, Matt Roth, D'Qwell Jackson Josh Cribbs, Brian Urlacher, Darrelle Revis, Adrian Peterson, Ray Edwards, Robert Mathis, Antoine Bethea, etc. And these are just the names of guys skipping MANDATORY mini-camps, and doesn't even begin to cover the guys skipping voluntary activities.

The most telling thing to me is that Phil Daniels felt compelled to come on this very forum to tell the fans that the media hype is overblown and no one has issues with Haynesworth. Therefore, I'm going to reserve judgement until Haynesworth shows up and either proves to be in shape, or a lazy ****.

Well, I don't really, but that's not even my point.

My point is...so what even if there is a Mann-Haynesworth tiff?? Play that scenario forward and tell me what you believe would be the horrible bi-products of one of our players feuding with an ex-player (who has no affiliation to the team or any local media outlets)?

I guess I just don't care if these two men don't like one another (even though, like I said, I don't think it'll ever get to that point). I don't think it will have ANY impact on how our team does in 2010.

Number of people who would support Mann: Everyone.

Number of people who would support Haynesworth: None.

Not that it matters. It won't affect anything on the field. Can't affect chemistry since Haynesworth doesn't even have any at this point.

Number of people who would support Mann: Everyone.

Number of people who would support Haynesworth: None.

Not that it matters. It won't affect anything on the field. Can't affect chemistry since Haynesworth doesn't even have any at this point.

Plus there's a total difference between LaVar and Mann. LaVar has his own radio show and is constantly talking about the Skins. Same with the BMitch/Portis issue.

When is the last time we've heard from Charles Mann?

I'm well over 30 and think anyone trying to push an asinine statement like "over 30 you fall into this opinion here" and "over 30 your opinion this is your opinion" really just shows how ignorant you are. The saddest part is that you don't realize how stupid this makes you look. Ignorance is flowing all over this thread. And even when it's pointed out to you that you look dumb you still don't care.

Ignorant? Just an observation scanning through the thread. Kind of like me observing that you need to untwist your pretty little panties and quit swinging from AH's jock like Tarzan. Just an observation tought guy, nothing else.

If you take a little bit of time and scan you'll see that a vast majority of those opposing Mann's comments are under 30, those supporting it older fans who remember the days of old where players played as a team and didn't hold out because they feel like they're playing better than their contracts. The days where they go to battle every Sunday with their brothers on the field and not becaus they're receiving a big fat paycheck.

Now, go rub a little ointment on that little hurt spot you have and take a deep breath. :ols:

Plus there's a total difference between LaVar and Mann. LaVar has his own radio show and is constantly talking about the Skins. Same with the BMitch/Portis issue.

When is the last time we've heard from Charles Mann?

Yesterday. I was watching our Super Bowl XXVI episode of "America's Game." You know, the one where key members of Super Bowl teams talk about their seasons.

Ignorant? Just an observation scanning through the thread. Kind of like me observing that you need to untwist your pretty little panties and quit swinging from AH's jock like Tarzan. Just an observation tought guy, nothing else.

If you take a little bit of time and scan you'll see that a vast majority of those opposing Mann's comments are under 30, those supporting it older fans who remember the days of old where players played as a team and didn't hold out because they feel like they're playing better than their contracts. The days where they go to battle every Sunday with their brothers on the field and not becaus they're receiving a big fat paycheck.

Now, go rub a little vagisil on that little hurt spot you have and take a deep breath. :ols:

Love ya, ZoEd, but really:

1) Don't hate on those of us who don't need Just For Men. ;)

2) Might wanna edit that last part of the post so that you can make more. :)

Now, go rub a little vagisil on that little hurt spot you have and take a deep breath. :ols:

I thought I read on this board that Riggins held out an entire season, over his contract. I obviously wasn't around, but I thought it was discussed on this board. My point is that, some of the over 30 crowd seems to have selective memory; making it as if the players back then were sooo much tougher and more humble. You guys are exaggerating.

I thought I read on this board that Riggins held out an entire season, over his contract. I obviously wasn't around, but I thought it was discussed on this board. My point is that, some of the over 30 crowd seems to have selective memory; making it as if the players back then were sooo much tougher and more humble. You guys are exaggerating.

Again with the ridiculous comparisons.

Come on, Irep, you're a smart guy, what's with this crap?

Riggins: Hall of Fame; all-time leading rusher for the Redskins; Riggo Run, etc.

Hayensworth: A piece of crap.

I mean, really?

The Redskins gave the man a lot of their money. As his employer, I think it's reasonable that they expect him to show up for all organizational events (mandatory or voluntary). By definition, he doesn't have to show up for the voluntary ones, but I think it's fine for them to expect him to.
Except, the CBA very clearly states that voluntary training is just that. To say otherwise defies the purpose of a bargained contract. You can't require a Safeway union employee to show up on an off day to "train" for their job, even if a new staore manager is hired. If you tried to, the union would file a grievance so fast your head would spin. No matter what the salary of the employee in a bargained system, the same requirements are applied. And they expect until they turn blue in the face, there is zippy they can do if he shows up for all mandatory training.

There is a ton of hate on this board for AH. I assume that all of you attend every voluntary corporate/company function? If not, your bosses should be pissed as hell that you don't and look to outsource your job to the country willing to offer the best return.

Yesterday. I was watching our Super Bowl XXVI episode of "America's Game." You know, the one where key members of Super Bowl teams talk about their seasons.

?

All I'm saying is that Mann isn't a constant media presence.

Not dissing Mann in any way, in fact I hate LaVar Arrington but still Charles Mann isn't someone that pops up in the media frequently. Thus, I think this argument will be short lived.

ONCE A REDSKIN ALWAYS A REDSKIN, MANN IS JUST THAT. This is AMERICA Mann can say whatever he wants to. If your hired by a company for a LOT of money, and after the first year the CEO leaves, would you tell the new CEO hey I dont like the way your running this company. Who's running this team anyway. I know 99.9 percent of us would be out the door before we knew what hit us. I think they sould trade him for a good WR.

Love ya, ZoEd, but really:

1) Don't hate on those of us who don't need Just For Men. ;)

2) Might wanna edit that last part of the post so that you can make more. :)

Again, wasn't hating, just making an observation. You can't deny that there's a generation gap and because of it fans see things in a different light.

There's a ton of younger fans who feel like it's okay for players to wanna get paid and a lot of older fans who just want players to play. Like those who supported AI during his "practice" tirade. It's just a different mentality that I think is generational. Not saying that everyone totally agrees based on age but, just an observation. That's all.

Well, I don't really, but that's not even my point.

My point is...so what even if there is a Mann-Haynesworth tiff?? Play that scenario forward and tell me what you believe would be the horrible bi-products of one of our players feuding with an ex-player (who has no affiliation to the team or any local media outlets)?

I guess I just don't care if these two men don't like one another (even though, like I said, I don't think it'll ever get to that point). I don't think it will have ANY impact on how our team does in 2010.

Fair enough. I guess I was just a little too overly worried that this was gonna cause some off-field issues that affect performance on the field, whatever that may be. I can see the point you and Cliche are making, so it's a non-issue to me now. I wasn't trying to argue for the fight, just being more doom-and-gloom than I normally am. It's been that kind of Monday for me.

Again with the ridiculous comparisons.

Come on, Irep, you're a smart guy, what's with this crap?

Riggins: Hall of Fame; all-time leading rusher for the Redskins; Riggo Run, etc.

Hayensworth: A piece of crap.

I mean, really?

That's actually not a terrible comparison. Riggo sat out a year before he was ever a super bowl champion, all-time leading rusher, or Hall of Famer. I'm willing to bet most fans viewed him as selfish, childish and a sorry piece of crap... and then he led us to a super bowl.

Amazing what winning does huh? Who's to say Haynesworth couldn't do the same?

(I'm obviously not saying that will happen, just posing a question.)

?

All I'm saying is that Mann isn't a constant media presence.

Not dissing Mann in any way, in fact I hate LaVar Arrington but still Charles Mann isn't someone that pops up in the media frequently. Thus, I think this argument will be short lived.

Psst!

I was on your side. :)

Again, wasn't hating, just making an observation. You can't deny that there's a generation gap and because of it fans see things in a different light.

There's a ton of younger fans who feel like it's okay for players to wanna get paid and a lot of older fans who just want players to play. Like those who supported AI during his "practice" tirade. It's just a different mentality that I think is generational. Not saying that everyone totally agrees based on age but, just an observation. That's all.

I was just messing with ya. It is, unfortunately, just as you said. Kids these days!

Anyway, the real point was to make sure that you toned it down. We've both been here for a while and I'd hate to see you get a vacation for going over the top on something that doesn't matter. :)

Did you just call us The Over The Hill Gang? lol

B&G never fades !!!!!

That's actually not a terrible comparison. Riggo sat out a year before he was ever a super bowl champion, all-time leading rusher, or Hall of Famer. I'm willing to bet most fans viewed him as selfish, childish and a sorry piece of crap... and then he led us to a super bowl.

Seriously lol :ols:...If there were an internet and Extremeskins back when Riggins sat out, I can only imagine the hateful comments that would have been tossed his way :yes:...

Eh, good point.

However, Riggo was Riggo. That was part of his personality. He was tough as nails and didn't have a problem being a man.

Haynesworth, though, is anything BUT a man here.

By the way, I just read your name outloud and it got a good laugh out of me. I always read it as HB (half back) not Blades and didn't understand what the hell you were talking about. Now I get it. Three years later. :doh:

Psst!

I was on your side. :)

But I like to argue!

:tantrum:

This isn't much of a story. AH is in the wrong, most the old guard never did it this way and they don't understand people holding out/not showing up when they make as much money as the players do now etc etc.

Hopefully Fat Albert will show up in shape and dominate this year and we'll all move on. I still think he's an ******* though.

Did anybody follow the drama in Chicago with Urlacher being all butt hurt because of Sayer's comments? This is no different. IAveteran team LEGEND has an opinion. The media puts the opinion into print and you have instant controversy. I for one agree with Mann, AH needs to show up and play. Needs to be a TEAM player, no two ways about it.

Certain expectations come with a $100M contract, showing up to build chemistry with your team should be one of them.

Did anybody follow the drama in Chicago with Urlacher being all butt hurt because of Sayer's comments? This is no different. IAveteran team LEGEND has an opinion. The media puts the opinion into print and you have instant controversy. I for one agree with Mann, AH needs to show up and play. Needs to be a TEAM player, no two ways about it.

Certain expectations come with a $100M contract, showing up to build chemistry with your team should be one of them.

Again, I don't think that should be tied to a salary level...every player should be doing what they can to help build team chemistry.

Archived