Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is now firmly on the trading block

BillyKilmer

For all you JC haters. JC's Stats were better than McNabbs last year with a F*&^ed line and No running game!!!! So be careful what you wish for!!! If the O-Line is not fixed McNabb wont do any better with a repaired knee and 33yrs old.

Yes, JC threw 50% MORE interceptions than McNabb with LESS touchdowns, and a WORST QB rating. We are SCREWED!!!

BTW, I think at best we get a 5th for JC.

Never said JC was better than MCNabb as a QB. I said that JC stats for last year were better than Mcnabbs stats!!! If we had won 10 plus games he might of made it to the pro bowl with the numbers he put up last year!!! That said, If the O-line is not considerably better, Mcnabb or whom ever is back there will not fair much better!!! Would you agree?
With a competent NFL QB, our o-line just did improve overnight. Plus, we still have the draft and the rest of FA to make even more improvements. JS is done. He may go somewhere and get the opportunity to start, but he will succeed no better than Ramsey.

Campbell is not a fit for the WCO. His slower setup, footwork and release meant the Redskins were trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Campbell needs to go to a vertical passing offense to be most effective.

People can blow about the offensive line, but the team was 5-6 with Campbell in 2007 and then 4-0 under Collins with the same group of OL.

I think Jason Campbell would be a great fit with the Carolina Panthers.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2010/04/could-panthers-make-a-run-at-campbell.html

I think he has an excellent chance of winning the starting job vs. Matt Moore. Us Redskins fans might end up kicking ourselves by letting Campbell go. The Panthers have a good offensive line and two excellent running backs and Pro Bowl receivers like Steve Smith.

No doubt, this could be a major blessing in disguise for Jason if he ends up with the Panthers. Jason would be in a more stable situation too. Something he's been looking for a long time.

Did you watch the kid play? Moore has more poise and can actually read a defense, and it hasn't taken him five plus years to get to where he is. Moore is a much better option than JC.

I wish Campbell the best of luck to wherever he goes. I really tried to pull for him. I remember when he first started in 06 and showed glimpses of throwing the ball downfield and fitting it into tight windows.

2007 he kept giving himself opportunities and then collapsing at the end of games. Then 2008 and 2009 he just looks indecisive and scared.

I think a 3rd rounder would be great for him and would make this trade look veerrry good. I also see Shanahan trying to make a hard move to get Tebow in the draft.

I do think we can get a 3rd for JC. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a 2nd from a team that has lots of draft picks. I do think JC could play solid football with good team, but it just didn't work here. I'm glad the JC era is over. I think it's best for JC and the Redskins to split ways.

If Vinny becomes GM for some unfortunate team, then the Skins would get a 2nd or 3rd... otherwise, why would any team give anything for Campbell when they likely could wait a few months and sign him when the Skins will be forced to release him?

There is a reason the Broncos didnt want him in 2009 for Cutler... he sucks.

If you wait for him to be released then you have to compete with other teams to sign him. As much as you don't like him..a young QB with starting experience is valued around the league

Campbell needs to go to a vertical passing offense to be most effective.

Thing is, JC is not a good deep ball thrower. It looks great... it just never lands where it's supposed to. He knows this -- it's why he rarely threw downfield. Unless Gibbs, Saunders, and Zorn never called deep shots unless Collins was in the game.

Could any of these teams OAK,Rams,Bucs,Bills have a tackle that they would trade for campbell, maybe Barnes, Barron, Penn, Scott? Instead of a pick we could get a player as compensation for JC or Carter, just a thought.

Thing is, JC is not a good deep ball thrower. It looks great... it just never lands where it's supposed to. He knows this -- it's why he rarely threw downfield. Unless Gibbs, Saunders, and Zorn never called deep shots unless Collins was in the game.

I agree 100%. JC has been in 3 to 4 different systems, and I have yet to see him succeed in any of them. He always leaves you wanting more. IMO our move to the WCO was in the hope we landed Shanny earlier than we did. Gibbs/ Saunders were totally different than what we were/ will be doing with the WCO.

Collins has been through all these systems too, and looked more comfortable.

Did you watch the kid play? Moore has more poise and can actually read a defense, and it hasn't taken him five plus years to get to where he is. Moore is a much better option than JC.

Matt Moore wasn't even drafted out of Oregon State. He was a UFA. In college, Campbell was a 1st rounder and he led Auburn to a 13-0 season in 2004.

I think with Carolina's good Oline, their excellent backs, and receivers like Steve Smith he could really thrive there. He just has to beat out Matt Moore in training camp. It'll be a tough competition, but I think Campbell could do it.

The Panthers would be stupid not to have an open competition at QB. Most NFL teams are doing the same thing these days. Plenty of teams stockpile starting caliber QBs and let them fight it out to win the job.

Matt Moore looked good at times last year, but Campbell has shown many times that he can get the job done. Campbell's stats were respectable last year. Being the #15 rated QB in the NFL behind one of the worst Olines in the NFL and basically no running game was pretty good. It shows he can make things happen despite adversity ... and all the other turmoil off the field with the coaches, Snyder, etc.

Could any of these teams OAK,Rams,Bucs,Bills have a tackle that they would trade for campbell, maybe Barnes, Barron, Penn, Scott? Instead of a pick we could get a player as compensation for JC or Carter, just a thought.

If we were coveting the Rams being able to pick Bradford, why would they want JC?

The Bills now become the Clausen favorites, so I don't see why they would want JC.

Bucs have Josh.

That leaves Oak....

The guys who think JC is a great fit for Carolina clearly didn't watch either JC or Matt Moore play last year.

I think he's a great fit. And I watched them both play.

Perhaps no one is an idiot, and we just have differing opinions. Such is life.

Archived