Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is now firmly on the trading block

BillyKilmer

If we can get a 3rd, that would be great. I look at it as trading Campbell, a 2, and a 3 for McNabb and a 3.

So, everything cancels out but the 2...which is a pretty good deal to upgrade from Campbell to McNabb.

I realize we might not even owe Philly a 3...but if it's based on McNabb's performance, I think all of us can agree we'd rather owe Philly a 3 than a 4 when next year's draft rolls around.

I really don't see us able to acquire a 2nd round for JC. I think a 3rd round pick is probably the most realistic thing we can get. If you look at his career thus far, a 3rd round is even a lot to give up for him.

My thought exactly

Every GM in the NFL knows we must trade him. I would be surprised if we get anything more than a 5th rounder.

We have 0 leverage.

I disagree.... this brings teams to us, who all know that we are going to get rid of him. We don't HAVE to get rid of him, he could be a hell of a backup (and not TOO expensive). At the end of the day... he is still a mid-tier starting calibre QB. That position comes with a huge premium.

Good luck to Campbell, seems like a nice guy.

Now, on to the matter at hand.

We've seen all too-often that JC's biggest supporters are quick to excuse his play by telling us he's been handicapped by facing new Offensive Coordinators and having to learn new systems year after year.

Do any of his supporters not expect him to have major trouble becoming the starter somewhere since he will be forced to learn a new system?

OK! He's been on my trading block for two years now.

Second Round pick? whoa! whoa! whoa! that's crazy talk.

Campbell cannot be traded b/c nobody is willing to give us ANYTHING for him.

We'd be lucky to get a 7th rounder. Honestly. 5th? What is this Christmas?

If we have 5 teams that want JC then it's not impossible that a small bidding war could come out of this. I could see us coming out with a 2nd. He is better than the QB's on most of those rosters...he is young and tough and I'm sure a GM could talk themselves into thinking that he could be a better QB in a less turbulent situation.

Before anyone laughs at this, the teams that want him aren't exactly foundations of good decisions. I could see us coming out of this with someone's late second or upper third.

Archived