Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tiger Woods Apology

warriorz

You and others are right, he does not owe the public anything. But he cares because it is the public that essentially pays his salary and buys his apparel. All of this was about hoping to repair his image a little, not necessarily apologizing to anyone. I would hope that he has already apologized to the people that matter.

He starts "whacking dingers" again and it will be quickly forgotten.

(yes I know he doesn't whack dingers per say, but you get the drift)

He starts "whacking dingers" again and it will be quickly forgotten.

(yes I know he doesn't whack dingers per say, but you get the drift)

Haha...yeah, I agree for the most part. But I do not think it is going to be as easy as it would be for another golfer. Only because he is not the media's favorite by any stretch of the imagination. I agree that it will eventually go away, but it will take a little longer than it would for someone else. And because most of our society only knows what the media tells them, public forgiveness will take a little longer as well.

Well, for someone like myself, he doesn't owe me an apology at all, nor do I want one. I feel bad for his wife and kids. However, he has several endorsements. With that comes a huge responsibility to maintain a very positive image to the public because corporations want to use the "positive image" to help sell their products. Yeah, he could easily say eff you and mind your business, but he would kiss all of his endorsements good bye for good and possibly wreck his career beyond repair.

He's so rich now that he could live a great lifestyle without ever working again, but I'm sure he still wants things to go back to the way they were.

That's a valid point, but the way the media carries on it's as if he owes everyone an apology because kids look up to him, etc.

Kids can still look up to him, unless of course a parent wants to explain to a child what adultery is, sex with multiple partners is, sexual addiction is.. etc. and give a kid of an impressionable age a reason to not look up to him.

As to his products, I think the people who would stop drinking Gatordade or never buy Nike again over this need to get a life.

We cater to the whiners too much

~Bang

That's a valid point, but the way the media carries on it's as if he owes everyone an apology because kids look up to him, etc.

Kids can still look up to him, unless of course a parent wants to explain to a child what adultery is, sex with multiple partners is, sexual addiction is.. etc. and give a kid of an impressionable age a reason to not look up to him.

As to his products, I think the people who would stop drinking Gatordade or never buy Nike again over this need to get a life.

We cater to the whiners too much

~Bang

As a business student student who has been studying this stuff a lot the last four years I just want to say 2 thing:

1. You are so correct.

2. You are correct again, and it is sad, but until we change that mentality as a society out "celebs" are going to have to deal with those kind of people.

As for the apology, didn't see it, don't care. Guy's a great golfer, but a first class, grade A loser in his personal life.

I have the same take on it. Not sure why society needs to believe that people great at one thing must be great at others. If you look into the great artists in history you'll see many (if not most) were ****ty people. The guy is good at golf and clearly not a good husband... not sure why people need to believe he's a great person.

What really surprises me is the amount of people with their aim locked and loaded, ready to fire like they are the ones with out sin. Tiger is a man. He's follish. He should have never married that witch. That woman was an opear. He made that witch. I wouldn't have apaolgized for spit. "Just make sure the trophies are shining, and the green jacket taylored right" that is how I would have carried it if I were Tiger Woods.

I hit the quote button intending on agreeing with you, then I found myself correcting all your grammar and typos. Then as i read down to the spitting portion of your post, you lost me. So whatever lrn2spell

What really surprises me is the amount of people with their aim locked and loaded, ready to fire like they are the ones with out sin. Tiger is a man. He's follish. He should have never married that witch. That woman was an opear. He made that witch. I wouldn't have apaolgized for spit. "Just make sure the trophies are shining, and the green jacket taylored right" that is how I would have carried it if I were Tiger Woods.

This gets my vote for dumbest post of the month.

I think it's quite obvious that Tiger's team of lawyers put him up to it and wrote out every word for him say in the press conference. They did an awful job too. Tiger looked like an ass.

I think he would have been better off if he wouldn't have had the press conference. It's like opening up old wounds (as far as the press in concerned).

He hurt his wifes feelings and he lied. Big ****ing deal. Why does anybody care. He didn't kill a single person, he never lied to any of us, he didn't create a giant dog fighting ring.

He really didn't do ****, that effects a single persons life, outside of his own private life.

He didn't need to apologize to the media or us. Move on and go hit the little white ball, so we can forget about this and you can go back to doing whatever you feel like doing.

Totally agree KB. This is between his family and himself. I don't think he owes any kind of apology to the public.

Regardless of all the fame and fortune the one thing we all have in this world is our WORD. When you violate people's trust you lose credibility. This applies to the lowest ditch digger and to CEO's as well, and is inescapable. I'm sorry but I don't believe him.

It had nothing to do with what he did on the golf course.

Will end up being like Bryant / Rodriguez situation. They made mistakes, they had these type of apologies, and they move on. Now it's time for us to move on and leave Tiger be. Once he starts hitting golf balls again this will fade away.

As someone who follows a lot of baseball I see these apologies all the time from Alex Rodriguez and Jason Giambi and Andy Pettitte, and then the story dies away. It's like we've all forgotten these guys have all taken steroids before. America is very forgiving, they forgave all three of them, and they will forgive Tiger Woods in time too. Just let him get back to golf, and leave him be.

Regardless of all the fame and fortune the one thing we all have in this world is our WORD. When you violate people's trust you lose credibility. This applies to the lowest ditch digger and to CEO's as well, and is inescapable. I'm sorry but I don't believe him.

I doubt he really cares if you believe him.

All he really wants is for people and the press to leave him and his family alone. Doing this sort of press conference/apology is an effort to feed some of the desire for information and try and relieve some of the pressure. Essentially give the press something to report and talk about so they don't have to bother him and his family in more inconvientant ways.

Whether you believe him or not is pretty inconsequential to him.

You truly must be a perfect person then. Get off your high horse, seriously. We all makes stupid and irresponsible mistakes, but I still can't wait to see Tiger back on the golf course and kicking ass.

Archived