Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tiger Woods Apology

warriorz

Yesterday's dramatic apology offered up by Tiger Woods was a sad chapter in a very troubling ordeal. I watched his attampt at sincerity and could not help but think why now? Is this what his therapists are telling him to do? Or is this just an attempt to mend fences with his lost sponsors? Or both? The more I think about it and the more time I've had to reflect a little about his apology the more it angers me.

Oh give me a freaking break. The media spends approximately 100,000,000 hours obsessing on Woods and his family life, ensuring it's a HUGE deal as bad as any other athlete who actually commits crimes, Woods loses his endorsements. And when Woods attempts to gain them back and/or apologize in order to rectify this the media acts holier-than-thou, as if the entire reason it went completely ape-**** over this story was it's deep moral concern about Woods' family. What sickening hypocrisy from nothing more than carrion birds.

His family deserves privacy even if he does not. The media disgusts me in this regard. He shouldn't even have to make such a demand.

On some level I agree with you, but Tiger has made his living off fame as much as golf. That fame was developed and fed with 24 hour attention to using various media as ways in which he could become even more famous and pitch more and more brands becoming more and more wealthy and famous.

Once he put himself in that cycle any demands for people to just look away while he regains his composure seems more than a little disingenuous.

While I have deep sympathy for those who have been drawn in to this stupid mess of Tiger's making, the only feelings I can muster for him are for a childhood stripped away because of a prodigious but, really when you think of it, a silly skill like hitting a golf ball.

The "apology" (to be fare, what I could stand watching) was an over- produced and tacky media event, as tightly controlled as one of those phony town meetings, where he read from a statement provided by a team of marketing experts. If he even saw it 24 hours before the event it would surprise me.

I think at the beginning he shouldve just been like

" I was wrong, shouldn't have happened. Married life is not for me right now either."

File for divorce, make it a point to take really good care of his kids and Elin (keep up with child support, take his kids to the museum or whatever), and date whoever he wants.

He gets his end (tons of mistresses) and he looks better to the public (he takes really good care of his ex-wife and kids)

Oh give me a freaking break. The media spends approximately 100,000,000 hours obsessing on Woods and his family life, ensuring it's a HUGE deal as bad as any other athlete who actually commits crimes, Woods loses his endorsements. And when Woods attempts to gain them back and/or apologize in order to rectify this the media acts holier-than-thou, as if the entire reason it went completely ape-**** over this story was it's deep moral concern about Woods' family. What sickening hypocrisy from nothing more than carrion birds.

I make my living off the evening news

Just give me something, something I can use

People love it when you lose, they love dirty laundry

Well, I could've been an actor, but I wound up here

I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear

Come and whisper in my ear, give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em all around

We got the bubbleheaded bleach-blonde, comes on at 5

She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye

It's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation? Is the head dead yet?

You know the boys in the newsroom got a running bet

Get the widow on the set, we need dirty laundry

You don't really need to find out what's going on

You don't really want to know just how far it's gone

Just leave well enough alone, keep your dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're stiff, kick 'em all around

Dirty little secrets, dirty little lies

We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie

Love to cut you down to size, we love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo, we can dance and sing

When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing

We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry

Why does this guy have to apologize to everyone else? Media is so ridiculous as they act like this guy should be apologizing to the American People like he is Obama. He is Tiger Woods. He is the greatest golfer ever and has a hard time keeping it in the pants, who cares? He should just be the one to get a divorce and do it Antonio Cromartie style.

saw Gloria Allred on TV again. She was on some panel with five other people yapping about the Tiger Woods debacle. The five other people had the wisdom to shake their heads at this pitiful excuse for a woman who’s defending one of Tiger’s mistresses.

The question is, Defending her from what? What the hell does this mistress of Tiger’s need a lawyer for? According to Allred, her client deserves compensation because she’s a “victim” of Tiger’s.

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/02/22/defending-tigers-victimized-mistresses-how-does-gloria-allred-sleep-at-night/

Why does this guy have to apologize to everyone else? Media is so ridiculous as they act like this guy should be apologizing to the American People like he is Obama. He is Tiger Woods. He is the greatest golfer ever and has a hard time keeping it in the pants, who cares? He should just be the one to get a divorce and do it Antonio Cromartie style.

I feel the same way. He didn't do anything to me. He didn't cheat the game of golf and hurt fans. What he did hurt his family and now ultimately himself. He shouldn't say sorry to the media and his fans, he should say he's sorry to his family.

• 3 weeks later...

Good for him.

Should come back at Bay Hill to prep himself. But at least he'll be golfing again. Given golf's abysmal irrelevance without Tiger, it's good for the PGA for him to come back as soon as he can.

I saw on the news Augusta is a great place for him to come back because the paparazzi won't be allowed anywhere near Augusta.

Archived