Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Do You Like You Christmas Tree...Real or Fake?

MattFancy

Which was the worst in your eyes?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the worst in your eyes?

• Mike Tomlin calling an onside kick, while winning, with 3:58 remaining.
    • Brad Childress wanting to take Brett Favre out of the game while winning 7-6 .
    • Andy Reid going for it on 4th and 1 from his own 29 in the first quarter.
    • Jim Zorn running a trick play late in the first half after the Giants had called a timeout.

Real.

I enjoy killing trees. I like the fact I'm removing one of the things that helps reduce my carbon footprint, and simultaneously adding to the footprint with the increased carbon I release when I'm huffin and puffin picking one up, taking it home, setting it up, decorating it, undecorating it, taking it down, and throwing it away. :evilg:

the trees you buy are grown on tree farms specifically for Christmas, so it's not like you are tearing down the forest. You can buy a forest service tree tag for $5, and you get 2 trees. I normally do that- and they have specific places you can go cut one.

So real trees for me.

Fake, I think its sad to see all the real trees out on the curb after the first of the year...

We typically cut the limbs off and burn the trunk of the tree in the fireplace after the season.

We always had a real tree when I was growing up, and I just can't imagine having a fake tree. I'd feel like something was missing. I guess it's whatever you're used to.

We typically cut the limbs off and burn the trunk of the tree in the fireplace after the season.

We always had a real tree when I was growing up, and I just can't imagine having a fake tree. I'd feel like something was missing. I guess it's whatever you're used to.

Very true... We always had a fake tree...

My son (who's 4) picked out and decorated our tree this year. He's so proud of it. Its the best tree ever (for me :D) There are clumps of ornaments in areas and bare spots in others, but its just the way he likes it... :D

Every year, we get together with about a dozen friends and their families, go to a tree farm up into the hills overlooking the Bay, and have our "Ritual Tree Slaughter." The kids run around the woods searching for the perfect tree, we help each other cut them down and tie them on the car roofs. Then we have a picnic and throw around footballs, and so on.

It is one of my favorite traditions. I highly recommend starting this tradition with your friends. It starts the season off right.

So let's hear it ES. Real or Fake when it comes to Christmas trees?

My Fiance is allergic to them so we have to go the fake out. Plus, it saves money in the long run and is much easier to take care of.

Is it sad I already forgot you were engaged? lol Congrats again btw! And I prefer fake simply for the ease. No needles all over the place and no dead tree to remove. Although going out to cut our own tree was one of my favorite memories as a kid. You cant even really do that around here though.

Is it sad I already forgot you were engaged? lol Congrats again btw! And I prefer fake simply for the ease. No needles all over the place and no dead tree to remove. Although going out to cut our own tree was one of my favorite memories as a kid. You cant even really do that around here though.

Haha thanks again man! Yeah real trees are too much to clean up and take care. You gotta water it and all that other fun stuff. Fake ones you can just set up and be done with. Then come the end of December, much like the Cowboys, you pack it up for next year!

Archived