Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Do You Like You Christmas Tree...Real or Fake?

MattFancy

Which was the worst in your eyes?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the worst in your eyes?

• Mike Tomlin calling an onside kick, while winning, with 3:58 remaining.
    • Brad Childress wanting to take Brett Favre out of the game while winning 7-6 .
    • Andy Reid going for it on 4th and 1 from his own 29 in the first quarter.
    • Jim Zorn running a trick play late in the first half after the Giants had called a timeout.

REAL! HELLO! I could never face my parents if I had to tell them my husband and I set up a fake tree at our house. Blasphemy!

Besides, nothing's more fun than freezing your butts off while Griswalding it out into the snowy mountains to cut down the tree that has been picked by GOD for your house that year! I felt like a total loser b/c my husband and I had to go to a tree lot this year to get our tree. :(

Plus, nothing beats the smell of a pine tree in the house over the holidays.

Love them real, however it just got too expensive to do real. Around my area they were getting up around $90. That's quite a few extra gifts. I can't see paying that much when it's going to die in a week or two.

I didn't mind paying $35-55 but when it starts getting that much I draw the line.

Love them real, however it just got too expensive to do real. Around my area they were getting up around $90. That's quite a few extra gifts. I can't see paying that much when it's going to die in a week or two.

I didn't mind paying $35-55 but when it starts getting that much I draw the line.

Where I grew up in Northern Cal., and where my family still hunts for trees, permits, I think, used to be free when I was really little. If not free, like 2 bucks. We'd have a bunch of families get together, go up in the mountains, sled and snowmobile, and haul our trees back down. Then it went to $5! THEN, it went up to $10 and we all balked at those outrageous permit prices. My dad was so pissed... "highway robbery" I think was his exact quote, lol.

Anyhow, with all the family friends and everyone who goes tree hunting with us, the permits probably cost less than $100 total for 7 or 8 trees we get, good sized trees too, around 7-8'. And my dad goes nuts and gets a 20 footer every year...that's always fun to haul out of the forest. Not.

Where I grew up in Northern Cal., and where my family still hunts for trees, permits, I think, used to be free when I was really little. If not free, like 2 bucks. We'd have a bunch of families get together, go up in the mountains, sled and snowmobile, and haul our trees back down. Then it went to $5! THEN, it went up to $10 and we all balked at those outrageous permit prices. My dad was so pissed... "highway robbery" I think was his exact quote, lol.

Anyhow, with all the family friends and everyone who goes tree hunting with us, the permits probably cost less than $100 total for 7 or 8 trees we get, good sized trees too, around 7-8'. And my dad goes nuts and gets a 20 footer every year...that's always fun to haul out of the forest. Not.

I wish we had a place like that around here. To get a real tree here, you have to go to one of those tree stands and they're very expensive, unless you wanna drive 6 hours to the mountains.

I wish we had a place like that around here. To get a real tree here, you have to go to one of those tree stands and they're very expensive, unless you wanna drive 6 hours to the mountains.

Yeah I agree. Wish we had a place where we could get a permit and go cut your own tree.We used to have quite a few christmas tree farms where you can pick/cut your tree fresh. However for whatever reasons, economy,location, they are out of biz and now shipping in already cut(ie dead) trees for 70-80 bucks a pop.

Even the most expensive farms don't have trees to select from and if you find one expect around $90. And that's for a 6ft'r

Not to mention they no longer carry grants. Which are the one tree that really has a strong piney christmas tree smell. The others like douglas or fir are almost ordorless.

That sucks. The mountain we drive to is a little over an 1 hour for us, and that includes getting to our "spot" a good 30 minutes up the fire road.

When I spent a couple holidays back east in Baltimore, I went with my aunt and uncle's family to a tree farm where they were able to pick out a tree and cut it down...but it was like $100! LAME.

Even more lame, my husband and I got our tree from a tree lot this year and paid about $75 total, that sucked.

Real trees. They make some good fake ones these days but the real ones and the effort to go get one is worth the hassle to me. Plus, every year you have a brand new tree... with a little different character.

Yeah, that's what my family always says, and its worn off on me.

Sounds like NL christmas vacation. funny stuff

That's pretty much what it is. You will never know how happy my dad was when my sister and I started dating and getting married as we would bring our boyfriends as extra muscle to help drag the tree up to the main road.

That sucks. The mountain we drive to is a little over an 1 hour for us, and that includes getting to our "spot" a good 30 minutes up the fire road.

When I spent a couple holidays back east in Baltimore, I went with my aunt and uncle's family to a tree farm where they were able to pick out a tree and cut it down...but it was like $100! LAME.

Even more lame, my husband and I got our tree from a tree lot this year and paid about $75 total

Yeah, the lots are expensive here too, and the trees you get aren't even all that big. If it tells you anything, I've only seen a real Christmas tree farm once in my life and that was when I was in CT (where I was born) one winter.

The mountains are so far away from where I live that it's just cheaper to either go to a lot or buy fake.

Archived