Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Campbell says he blacked out, had numbness in arm, shortness of breath

RIPSean

Sounds serious. Get well soon big guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/29/jason-campbell-says-everything-blacked-out-after-hit-on-final-drive/

Jason Campbell says "everything blacked out" after hit on final drive

Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2009 6:44 PM ET

The Redskins' chances against the Eagles on Sunday ended with quarterback Jason Campbell taking a hard shot on a fourth-down play, being flung to the ground after throwing a pass.

After the game, Campbell talked about what occurred.

"I tried to hurry up and give it to [santana Moss] and the guy actually threw me on top of my head," Campbell said on Comcast Sportsnet's Postgame Live (via Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post). "And when he slammed me down on my head everything blacked out, my left arm was numb and I had the breath knocked out of me."

Campbell remained on the ground for several minutes after the play. No penalty was called.

But at least Campbell still has his sense of humor. Asked whether a flag would have been thrown if Tom Brady had been the quarterback, Campbell said, "Yeah, I think it was a 15-yarder maybe."

....it should have been a 15 yard penalty....We should have scored a TD instead of playing for a FG after the Int.... JC should have not thrown 2 TDs at the end of the half where we had an opportunity to score more points...We should have, we should have, we should have.....

Yes, it probably should have been a penalty and I hope he's doing better now and doesn't suffer any lasting effects (did he have a concussion or something?)

But does anyone else think he'll get fined for his comment about not getting the penalty? (not disagreeing with him though).

He could have easily ran for a 1st down. Hit might have been excessive, but he has no one to blame but himself for the drive ending.

This isn't really the place for that crap. It's a serious injury we're talking about here. Not who's fault any of it was.

Should have been a flag no doubt about it.

If JC woulda have just ran for a yard he would have done 2 things.

1. Got the 1st down and extended the game.

2. Avoided that hit that injured him.

JC made some plays today but he is the same old story with him, simply will never be a clutch QB that can lead game winning drives, never.

Archived