Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Campbell says he blacked out, had numbness in arm, shortness of breath

RIPSean

Yea I know, it's sad that I can name at least 5 of them off the top of my head. As far as I'm concerned JC is the only Redskin on the field who has shown heart week in and week out.

Really?! You don't think Fletcher, Orakpo, Daniels, or Macintosh show heart? You don't think Cartwright showed heart? I agree that JC has got a ton of moxie, but to say he's the only one with heart is a little excessive.

Through all of the disrespect, horrid playcalling and line play he's stayed classy and went out there and played his guts out. He's never quit.

The clowns on this board who make light of him getting slammed to the ground need a flag thrown in the form of a 15 day penalty.

Not saying it's ok to kick a guy when he's down but what do you expect? You think the ES members are gonna chip in a buy JC a get well soon bouqet? The man gets paid good money to play the sport. Injuries are part of the sport. It's not like he's was walking down the street and someone came from out of nowhere and whacked him on the head. He knew (at least I hope so) the chances he takes game in and game out.

i was at the game and once the ball skipped to moss we left. i saw a replay of the hit but couldnt really see it that well, it looked like a guy just chucked him to the ground. was the hit that bad? was there helmet to helmet?

I don't believe it was helmet-to-helmet, but it was pretty bad. The guy kept a hold of Campbell well after the ball was gone, then just threw him to the ground, almost like a wrestling move or something. Even if Campbell wasn't hurt, it still was worthy of a penalty.

I don't believe it was helmet-to-helmet, but it was pretty bad. The guy kept a hold of Campbell well after the ball was gone, then just threw him to the ground, almost like a wrestling move or something. Even if Campbell wasn't hurt, it still was worthy of a penalty.

ok, well hes obviously fine now so aside from the penalty that wasnt called it seems like a non issue (although the blackout thing is odd).

I thought it was an easy call. Zorn just stood on the sideline like he was playing Sudoku. He should have gone out to see Campbell, which he is allowed to do, and given the ref an earful.

This would have helped promote the flag. Squeaky wheel gets the grease in coaching too. That's what separate the good from the average coaches.

ok, well hes obviously fine now so aside from the penalty that wasnt called it seems like a non issue (although the blackout thing is odd).

Well, if campbell really blacked out, most likely he would of had a concussion which means he would have to sit out a week or two. I think it would be best for him to sit based on how bad his hit was.

Old enough to realize a liar and a multi username campbell supporter. LOL. Get a life Drastik.

Seriously? Quit with the user name stuff. You can't have multiple user names on this forum, that's well policed by the mods.

This thread (which is about Campbell almost getting killed) has taken a path WAY off the intended one. This is why this forum drives me nuts. Stay on topic and quit with the unfounded stuff... Please.

Seriously? Quit with the user name stuff. You can't have multiple user names on this forum, that's well policed by the mods.

This thread (which is about Campbell almost getting killed) has taken a path WAY off the intended one. This is why this forum drives me nuts. Stay on topic and quit with the unfounded stuff... Please.

I'm actually starting to think you can...

I agree with SoCalSkins main point- JC could have ran for a first down on fourth down. There was no need to throw a pass at that point. Extend the drive and run for the first down. I am sure he will start again next week.

Should he start after getting knocked out? Based on his interview, maybe we should sit him for a few weeks like Portis.

I remember a JC interview from the week of the Broncos game and people were asking him if he had ever had a concussion before. JC's response was, "No, but I have blacked our for a little bit." You can hear a reporter say, "That is a concussion." JC then says, "Nah, I just blacked out, that's all." Someone needs to tell JC what a concussion is. He probably had another one at the end of the Eagles game.

I remember a JC interview from the week of the Broncos game and people were asking him if he had ever had a concussion before. JC's response was, "No, but I have blacked our for a little bit." You can hear a reporter say, "That is a concussion." JC then says, "Nah, I just blacked out, that's all." Someone needs to tell JC what a concussion is. He probably had another one at the end of the Eagles game.

theres no way campbell is so dumb he doesnt know what a concussion is or feels like. do you have the clip of that interview? if hes blacking out after getting hits to the head, he should not be out on the field, period.

I know I could suffer some post concussion symptoms simply by reading this thread,(probably because some of the posts were by folks who seem to be suffering those themselves). Knew as soon I saw the thread it would be SOSDD. Man some of you on both side can't seem to help yourselves.

Oh. And redskinsgod. 1) Knock it off.

2) Unless you can prove without a doubt your accusations,I would suggest,(strongly),you keep them to yourself. At the least forward them to a mod. That goes to anyone who wants to go in that direction in the future as well. Thanks. We now take you back to your regularly scheduled thread,(such as it is).

As for Jason,(and back on topic),that was a nasty hit and can't really say anything that hasn't been said. I believe it should have been called,but it wasn't.

I'm sure the Redskins Professional Medical staff looks at him and would be able to inform him whether or not he had a concussion. These guys are very well informed, this isnt high school football.

Archived