Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Wizards Thread - SUMMER LEAGUE IS ON

No Excuses

I can finally say that the Wizards have weapons. Randy Foye is no joke. Gilbert looked explosive. Every player can contribute. Oberto, Miller, Haywood, Blatche. Butler is excellent. Bench is good. Solid team.

And all this without Jamison whos still a reliable 20-10 guy. I think we're better with him coming off the bench. Blatche deserves to start if he plays like this.

This game is crucial. Gilbert is going off and we're hitting on all cylinders. Mavs are a good team and we are killing it without Antawn. I'm very happy with the defensive effort allowing 91 points to the Mavs on the road. That is very encouraging. Team D and having Haywood back are tremendous. Gilbert looks improved as well.

the defense stood out to me most of all. anytime we hold the other team to less than 100, we will be extremely hard to beat

And all this without Jamison whos still a reliable 20-10 guy. I think we're better with him coming off the bench. Blatche deserves to start if he plays like this.

Jamison was 6th man of the year one year. I'd be down if Blatch can keep it up. Though I have to say, following Blatche is whole career it's going to take a lot more than one game for me to be a Blatche believer.

the defense stood out to me most of all. anytime we hold the other team to less than 100, we will be extremely hard to beat

Yeah man. They were working hard on D. It's funny because Stevenson is supposed to be our best defender but there were times when he was guarding Terry that I thought he was the worst one on the floor. That's a good thing. Everyone else has stepped up. And Haywood makes such a huge difference on D.

Hard to make many conclusions out of one game, but that was an impressive performance. The defense looked good and the bench played very well. They outscored one of the best benches over the last few years on the road.

I had my doubts about Gilbert coming back as an explosive scorer, but he proved me wrong tonight.

Foye and Blache off the bench were very good. Soon enough Oberto will be added in to that mix with Jamison starting and we may look even better.

A big thank you to the Wizards. DC sports fans needed a performance like that.

HATERS can keep hating but ARENAS is a beast. **** that BS knee injury. My man is back and will dominate this year.

Best stat line of the night:

Mavericks shot 22% from beyond the arc!!!

What a great sight to see Flip on the sidelines and not EJ. Can't wait to play the Sixers. I hope we beat them by 50. **** Jordan.

I watched the game, and came away impressed with a very deep and well coached basketball team. We lead most of the game, and I felt a warm, fuzzy feeling with Haywood playing PF and Orberto playing center. Haywood on LeCrab smells like money to me, and I can't wait.

As noted, all this without Jamison and his production. I'm going to wait an see what they do next against their own division and the Cavs game to say if we're for real or not. But it is obvious that we have more people that can play and a coach who knows how to get the most out of them.

Hallelujah.

Outside of our Skins, every other Washington team have made significant changes up top in ownership that have improved the team dramatically over the past couple years.

This.

Leonsis, after realizing that overpaid superstars ultimately weren't going to get his team on the right track initiated a youth movement, had faith in the rebuilding process and was rewarded with one of the, if not the most entertaining hockey teams in the NHL.

The Wizards? Pollin cut his ties with Jordan in a move so cold that people were questioning what the Wizards were doing, and instead of handing the reigns over to his old pal Unseld, decided to turn the reigns over to a proven NBA GM in Grunfeld.

That's the blueprint Snyder, take a page out of the book of those other franchises before Washington is playing the third fiddle in town.

Who else is liking that Miller/Foye trade?

Liked it from day one. Outside of Griffin, there was really nobody in the draft I wanted at the 5 spot. Outside of Griffin and possibly Harden, there was no one there that would help us right away. So to be able to cash that in for two proven players, both still fairly young, that immediately boost the team? Hell yeah. Outside of Oberto, Jamison and Mike James, everyone on the squad is under 30 so it's not like we need an infusion of youth anyway.

Wiz are sick this year. I was just thinking about how ridiculously deep this team is (for like the 1000th time, but confirmed tonight.) Ernie has done an amazing job. I mean people are now arguing if Oberto and his D should be starting over Jamison. We'd have an all-star for a 6th man. Than you have Foye as the 7th man. Blatche as the 8th. Beastly. I'm so happy. The Skins are so pathetic I was just lost. I feel so much better. Now I honestly really couldn't care less about what the **** the Skins do the rest of the way.

Liked it from day one. Outside of Griffin, there was really nobody in the draft I wanted at the 5 spot. Outside of Griffin and possibly Harden, there was no one there that would help us right away. So to be able to cash that in for two proven players, both still fairly young, that immediately boost the team? Hell yeah. Outside of Oberto, Jamison and Mike James, everyone on the squad is under 30 so it's not like we need an infusion of youth anyway.

Wiz are sick this year. I was just thinking about how ridiculously deep this team is (for like the 1000th time, but confirmed tonight.) Ernie has done an amazing job. I mean people are now arguing if Oberto and his D should be starting over Jamison. We'd have an all-star for a 6th man. Than you have Foye as the 7th man. Blatche as the 8th. Beastly. I'm so happy. The Skins are so pathetic I was just lost. I feel so much better. Now I honestly really couldn't care less about what the **** the Skins do the rest of the way.

Not to get our hopes up, but I couldn't agree with you more. :D

The Foye and Miller trades are looking even more impressive considering that Foye provides you with that outlandish speed at the PG position alongside of Arenas. Just picture Tony Parker but in a Wiz Uniform ;).

I am loving this team only if we keep everyone presumably healthy. Also, it's scary when you do not even miss Jamison by any count.

Edit: Also G.A.C.O.L.B.

I have not received an email from the site that allows me to post. My name on there is Keepit100 considering that is what The Wiz will be scoring every night. Also, can I make sigs on there.

Foye / Miller was a great trade. Foye is young and has potential.

At first I was skeptical because I'm a college guy and I like the draft, but with the way Stephen Curry is playing so far for the Warriors it might have been wiser to trade the pick away for someone who is not raw

Grunsfeld is a genius

Foye / Miller was a great trade. Foye is young and has potential.

At first I was skeptical because I'm a college guy and I like the draft, but with the way Stephen Curry is playing so far for the Warriors it might have been wiser to trade the pick away for someone who is not raw

Grunsfeld is a genius

Indeed, he looks like a genius now with a simple trade. :D I had not realized that Miller had such great handles with the ball (considering that was not his primary skill-set in Memphis) but he has to do a better job with ball distribution.

I saw a few lazy passes out there to Arenas last night that did not make me too particularly happy.

but he has to do a better job with ball distribution.

I saw a few lazy passes out there to Arenas last night that did not make me too particularly happy.

Im sorry, cant let that go. His ball distribution is outstanding. Maybe one or two bad passes last night but to criticize that part of his game is a little ridiculous, unless you only criticizing last night's performance and not his overall game.

Archived