Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vintage stuff you love. And would like to see return.

Spaceman Spiff

Beat 'em ups. Always anticipated them becoming more than "mashing the A button" games, but they were given up on. Was such a great genre of games even for being so basic.
:notworthy Die Hard Arcade and Fighting Force 64 FTW! Beat-em-ups were are fun; ones with many weapons are even better :cool2:

:hysterical: Super Dave!!!

The original shorts that were on that Canadian John Byner show that came on showtime,, holy smokes they were funny.

Mr Fuji will assist me..

~Bang

I used to love it when he would get "hurt"...and he'd say, "I think I broke my spleen...help me..someone...anyone."

:hysterical:

Before the drug wars I used to be able to take a very pleasant 40 mile drive to Juarez, Mexico and get them (with trade ins) for a quarter apiece. This is just a couple years ago and they where the half liter variety not those puny ones they have at costco. That's something I love that I wish would come back being able to go to mexico for an afternoon. ****ing drug lords.:mad:

When I was in High School, our locak store (the 7-11 at Butts' Corner) had a waist-high cooler (not those walk-in things, now days) that held Dr. Pepper in 16 oz bottles.

I'd open one (using the opener built into the cooler), and the pressure drop would cause ice crystals to form inside the liquid.

When I was in High School, our locak store (the 7-11 at Butts' Corner) had a waist-high cooler (not those walk-in things, now days) that held Dr. Pepper in 16 oz bottles.

I'd open one (using the opener built into the cooler), and the pressure drop would cause ice crystals to form inside the liquid.

I used to go the High's near my house (can't remember what road not too far from Landmark) but it was the same exact experience. Riding home in June with a 16 ozer covered with condensation was an excersize in coordination. The moon post just makes me sad, specially with after reading the article that it's not "viable" anymore.

I used to go the High's near my house (can't remember what road not too far from Landmark) but it was the same exact experience. Riding home in June with a 16 ozer covered with condensation was an excersize in coordination. The moon post just makes me sad, specially with after reading the article that it's not "viable" anymore.

Well, according to that thread "will cost a bit more" is their definition of "not viable".

But yeah, I'm one of those folks who gets depressed every year around July 20th.

Haha nice Capt Kaos. Choose your Own adventure books were great, used to love those things. First time I had to write a book for a school project I made it in the "choose your own adventure" style. I think it was 7 pages long with plenty of illustrations :)

Soda in GLASS bottles.

Plastic bottles get so warm so damn fast, and there's no way

anyone can tell me the soda doesn't taste different out of a plastic bottle.

~Bang

You can still get it here and there. I discovered a store in Orange county, VA that sells old school sodas in bottles. I bought one and my son agreed that it was much better, so much so that he kept the bottle and now has it on his shelf.

ABC Sports College Football Bowl Coverage

ABC Sports - Fiesta Bowl (1999)

Now it's all ESPN on ABC **** and it's just not the same except for

I have a list for you too...

NBA on NBC or CBS needs to return back on either network...ABC/ESPN sucks ass...

I loved when the NFC used to air on CBS and the AFC used to air on NBC. The NFC needs to go back on CBS, and the AFC needs to go back on NBC. ABC needs to gain MNF back, and kill that ESPN on ABC crap.

ABC needs to take College Football back, like how it used to be with Keith Jackson and Bob Griese, or Brett Mustberger and Dick Vermil/Gary Danielson. Again, kill the ESPN on ABC crap again and go back to the original format. Also, I would love to have CBS show the big games like they used to with Norte Dame(even though I hate Norte Dame), those ND vs Miami games back in the late 80s-early 90s were classic.

The Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl returns on ABC for good, and NBC airs the Orange Bowl and Fiesta Bowl like they used too.

All bowl games return back to Jan.1st like they used to have.

I think that's it.

Archived