Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Didn't know that they opened up seating to the public for our games.

The price doesn't surprise me at all. Basically supply and demand in this unique scenario.

With the capacity limit on stadium seats, they're probably trying to make up for lost revenue, by charging more. And probably a lot of people itching to see a live game, regardless of records, so they're willing to pay more.

And let's face it, the reality, is either of these teams is about as likely to win the division, as any of the other NFCE teams. And that means something to a lot of people

They're also lower bowl but again...2 win team vs a 1 win one (pending outcome tonight)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit this season, I'm not really into it.  

Too much bad karma this year and add covid and Ron's cancer and it makes it worse.

I'll folllow the games  but not really caring because I know this team is really bad.  2020 is a lost season for us.

I just hope Ron gets his building blocks and we can go from there.

Probably, a big reason for being down on the team this year; the long term QB isn't on the roster.  So, it's kind of hard to root for the QB when you know the long term isn't even on the team yet.   We went into the season hoping to see Haskins develop and seize the job.   That isn't happening.

I'll probably be more excited in 2021.

• Like 1

Look at the NFL standings, starting with the AFC and then go to the NFC East last.  My reaction doing that was, woah, is this a joke?  We know the NFCE is dismal, but I had not yet looked at the standings until today.  I haven't run the permutations, but it's possible (likely?) that a team could win the NFCE with 5 wins, and maybe even 4.  This may be the first time in history that every team in a division tried to lose to avoid crushing their draft position given the expected first round blowout.  Seriously, the NFL should strip the NFCE of it playoff position and make it another wild card because the NFCW is a tight battle of three 6-3 teams.  The NFL needs to go back to 3 divisions per conference. 

Jeez we have some completely stupid fans on Twitter....the team tweeted that fans won’t be allowed at the game on Sunday. one of the responses? This idiot saying: 

I hope you're paying attention WFT. No other team in the league would have such apathy for whatever the **** you do. There would have been 500 comments screaming to let them in. Nope...you have all negative comments. That should tell you something yes?”

what a completely moronic comment. The only thing that “tells” me is half our fanbase whines just to whine. **** the ***^ off. 

On 11/15/2020 at 9:55 PM, TheShredSkinz said:

Would Haskins have been benched if Rivera had drafted him??

Rivera wouldn't have drafted him.  At least that's my guess.  Don't forget, Jay/Kyle Smith didn't want to draft him at 15 either.  This was a Dan/Bruce brainchild.  

On 11/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Thomas Davis inactive again after the HC said LBs need to play better. If he's this amazing practice leader and culture guy but not good enough to contribute even in specific packages. He should be a coach and not a player. 

I don't think he had as much left in the tank as they thought he did.  

Ok, so, this one twitter moron claims that this tweet of his, in response to a WFT tweet yesterday, is “sarcasm”. 

So what you're saying is that after the last twenty years and the usual snatching defeat from the jaws of victory you're claiming no one's coming because of COVID.

Not because of two decades of Dan Snyder mismanagement.

How do you explain last year?”

(i dont think there was any sense of sarcasm in that tweet at all, more like just plain crappy and failure of understanding the actual reason)

Just went to NBC sports app to read Washington puts Geron Christian on injured reserve.  Our offensive line depth last year and this year has been really bad.

Losing Trent Williams made it worse for sure and during this off season we could lose another valuable lineman to free agency.   In the next draft we need to find some more

guys who can play.  We have no idea if Charles will be a backup or starter next year either.  What a mess.   We have very little continuity except for Moses

and I would not want to play quarterback for this team.  We spent so much money on Alex Smith that we have been hamstrung too.  I guess we can always

go out and sign a bunch of free agent losers who were backups on other teams and keep with the band-aid approach we have been so used to over many years.

How dumb are the Eagles for taking Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson? Jefferson is an absolute stud, Reagor might be pretty decent in the long-run but it's hard to argue against Jefferson being a star WR. 

I can't believe they passed on DK Metcalf and Justin Jefferson in consecutive drafts, the incompetence in that draft room is quite satisfying to watch. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 5:43 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok, so, this one twitter moron claims that this tweet of his, in response to a WFT tweet yesterday, is “sarcasm”. 

So what you're saying is that after the last twenty years and the usual snatching defeat from the jaws of victory you're claiming no one's coming because of COVID.

Not because of two decades of Dan Snyder mismanagement.

How do you explain last year?”

(i dont think there was any sense of sarcasm in that tweet at all, more like just plain crappy and failure of understanding the actual reason)

I don't know what you are so worked up about.  The poster is simply explaining that after over 20 years of miss-management and losing by Snyder fans have grown apathetic.  And that's obviously true.

We have a poster here recently saying he/she was unaware that every team in the division has a losing record. This is a poster on a team message board, so this is not a casual fan, who has obviously tuned out because this is common knowledge to most fans.  What does that tell us?

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't know what you are so worked up about.  The poster is simply explaining that after over 20 years of miss-management and losing by Snyder fans have grown apathetic.  And that's obviously true.

We have a poster here recently saying he/she was unaware that every team in the division has a losing record. This is a poster on a team message board, so this is not a casual fan, who has obviously tuned out because this is common knowledge to most fans.  What does that tell us?

I didn’t have a problem with him saying that, I had a problem with him claiming it was “sarcasm” in his tweet. That’s what i had a problem with. And i argued with him for TWO days about it. This was about two weeks ago though, so it’s old news now. Idiots like that shouldn’t be allowed on twitter, or any social media. I come across idiots like that constantly, unfortunately 

On 11/16/2020 at 2:51 AM, GothSkinsFan said:

Look at the NFL standings, starting with the AFC and then go to the NFC East last.  My reaction doing that was, woah, is this a joke?  We know the NFCE is dismal, but I had not yet looked at the standings until today.  I haven't run the permutations, but it's possible (likely?) that a team could win the NFCE with 5 wins, and maybe even 4.  This may be the first time in history that every team in a division tried to lose to avoid crushing their draft position given the expected first round blowout.  Seriously, the NFL should strip the NFCE of it playoff position and make it another wild card because the NFCW is a tight battle of three 6-3 teams.  The NFL needs to go back to 3 divisions per conference. 

I'll do you one better, I don't think the WFT is out of wild card contention...If we get to 7 wins, including wins over SF and Carolina, and the NFL goes to 8 playoff teams. I can see a road to the wild card with 7 wins if things break right. In fact, I think the 8th place finisher in the NFC is likely to only end up with 7-8 wins and tiebreakers will likely come into play. By the way, Carolina at 4-8 is becoming a must win game for the WFT. We can't let them beat us at home...

LOL cowboys fans have to be the stupidest people I’ve ever came across.....

some cowboys fan on twitter claims the ravens cowboys game was moved to Tuesday so that Lamar Jackson can play...

nah. False. Jackson would’ve played Monday, had it still been on Monday. Then he asks “then why not Sunday??” Well, moron, because buck/Aikman call TNF games, and they’re already calling eagles/packers on Sunday at 4:30.  Can’t call two games in one day.

he then says “oh, so now you’re blaming this on buck and Aikman?? Take responsibility!!!!” (I’m assuming because I’m not falling for his conspiracy crap, that i MUST be a ravens fan, cause hur da durrrr, cowboy logic.......)

then, after my latest response, he says “Here you go blaming Troy and Joe again! Last night Vitale called 2 college basketball games in 1 day from his living room at 81 years old, it's your fault!” 

Cowpies fans make my head hurt 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2020 at 9:14 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jeez we have some completely stupid fans

You can just stop there. 

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Football games on a Wednesday. The NFL may now become more creative with its scheduling longer term.

10 years ago or so, a buddy of mine and I tried to figure out a way that the NFL could have games pretty much each day of the week.  It's certainly possible, but the other leagues like the NBA, NHL and NCAA sports would hate it.  

• Like 1