Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

• 4 weeks later...

Was this a joke?

If you read a little above the post you have in question, the one by Mark, you will see the Browns need to change their name as well (satire).

Then Tatank, responded (not knowing or not getting said satire).

Is this why this time of year is called the silly season?

I thought it was Christmas, my bad. (more satire)......... :mellow:

• 1 month later...

Think the FO have come up with a masterplan to eliminate our special teams woes:

The Redskins proposed moving kickoffs to the 40-yard line. That would increase the amount of touchbacks even higher.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000335423/article/what-rule-changes-will-be-considered-next-week?campaign=Facebook_atl_rosenthal

• Like 1

7. The Redskins also proposed eliminating overtime in the preseason. Who wouldn't be for that?

10. There were also a number of interesting bylaw proposals from the Redskins and the committee. The most interesting: raising the number of active players on game day from 46 to 49 when teams play on Thursday (or Saturday), excluding Week 1.

13. The Redskins proposed cutting down final rosters from 90 players in training camp right to the 53-man roster. That would eliminate the first camp cutdown from 90 to 75.

Seem like good ideas. Moving the kickoff to the 40 not so much. If anything I'd like to see it moved back to the 30 yardline again.

As much trouble as the Redskins have had with finding a decent return man I wonder why the didn't try Roy Helu last year as a kick off return man. He has great moves in the open field and couldn't have been any worse than Josh Morgan. 

• Like 1

As much trouble as the Redskins have had with finding a decent return man I wonder why the didn't try Roy Helu last year as a kick off return man. He has great moves in the open field and couldn't have been any worse than Josh Morgan.

I agree he couldn't be much worse than Morgan.

But I disagree that he's got great moves in the open field. Maybe it's just me. He's got a couple highlights out there with hurdles or spins, but in general he's a pretty straight-line athlete. Not as shifty as his workout numbers would have lead you to believe.

But I disagree that he's got great moves in the open field. Maybe it's just me. He's got a couple highlights out there with hurdles or spins, but in general he's a pretty straight-line athlete. Not as shifty as his workout numbers would have lead you to believe.

Yeah I agree. That was one of the points I made in the Roy Helu thread. As fast/put together as he is, he doesn't do much with it.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Thats true, I probably over-rated him because of those couple hurdle plays he has made and should have looked more at his full body of work. I was pretty disapointed in his play as a receiver out of the backfield last year

Thats true, I probably over-rated him because of those couple hurdle plays he has made and should have looked more at his full body of work. I was pretty disapointed in his play as a receiver out of the backfield last year

It's easy for the few "wow" plays a player makes to stick out in our mind and skew our perception...hell, I held on to that one sick reversal Devin a Thomas ran for a long time. Just like many think Helu is a great receiving RB option just because a bad QB checked down to him about 15 times one game on easy dump-offs.

Here's a completely random sorta football-related thought: When did "OC" become the accepted abbreviation for "Center"? Whenever I see "OC", I think "Offensive Coordinator" and I get really confused for a few seconds before the context makes the intent clear. Is it just to maintain continuity with "OG" (Guard) and "OT" (Tackle)? It would seem to me, though, that the reason for the "O" in "OG" and "OT" is to differentiate between Offensive Guards and Nose Guards ("NG") and between Offensive Tackles and Nose ("NT") or Defensive Tackles ("DT"). There's no equivalent position on defense for the Center, so "C" seems like it's good enough.

When did this change? Admittedly, this is incredibly petty, but it drives me nuts.

P.S. I actually spelled "continuity" and "differentiate" correctly w/o spellcheck. Go me.

That's what you want on kickoffs. Hit the hole and go. You can't get cute on kickoffs. You need an occasional juke, but it's more straight line running. Mitchell made a career out if being a straight live runner that hit the hole fast.

That was on the Shanahans. They love the WR screen (that never seemed to work), but never utilized our backs in the passing game. I mean Morris caught more passes in the pro bowl then in the entire season. Teams knew how to defend the WR screen, yet we kept trying it when nothing was there.

Apparently Fred Davis is a rapper now.. Just gonna give the link due to language, and the pure atrociousness of it..

https://t.co/gKtfU44KG0

*Thread about it in ATN.

Uh, oh... his hard now.  Money Talks, lol?  Is he even that Rich, um no (comparatively speaking).  Football or Rap, and makes me think no wonder his got into trouble. 

Edited by amm0409

Really surprised that I'm not reading all kinds of reports from the ES amateur talent evaluators, today. 

Yeah, I get it that today was just about exercising.  But I would have thought that somebody would be reporting on how many jumping jacks DJax did, or RG3's throwing motion, or what color pants people wore with the white t shirts. 

Really surprised that I'm not reading all kinds of reports from the ES amateur talent evaluators, today. 

Yeah, I get it that today was just about exercising.  But I would have thought that somebody would be reporting on how many jumping jacks DJax did, or RG3's throwing motion, or what color pants people wore with the white t shirts. 

You should go back and see all the people trashing Josh LiRibeus' band workout in the free agent thread

• Like 1