Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

28 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Any news on Doctson, anybody?  Is the hamstring any better?

Gruden said "4 to 5 days" and that was on Sunday. So I guess we'll know within the next 2-3 days. Hopefully he's out there practicing by Friday at the latest.

Can't wait to see him play, I think he's an absolute stud, but it's probably smart to keep him out for one more game. Or not. Would be nice, lol. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Gruden said "4 to 5 days" and that was on Sunday. So I guess we'll know within the next 2-3 days. Hopefully he's out there practicing by Friday at the latest.

Can't wait to see him play, I think he's an absolute stud, but it's probably smart to keep him out for one more game. Or not. Would be nice, lol. 

He HAS to play the third preseason game or the starting offense won't be on the field together before the opener.  I say hold him out, get him and hopefully Reed and crowder back for the third game, and have them play 2.5 quarters.  Then put them in bubble wrap until Philly.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He HAS to play the third preseason game or the starting offense won't be on the field together before the opener.  I say hold him out, get him and hopefully Reed and crowder back for the third game, and have them play 2.5 quarters.  Then put them in bubble wrap until Philly.

We need to hold these guys out as long as they need, if not longer. It's not worth it to rush a guy back, especially for a preseason game

5 minutes ago, CTskin said:

We need to hold these guys out as long as they need, if not longer. It's not worth it to rush a guy back, especially for a preseason game

I totally disagree.  I do not want the first time that the offense is together to be opening day.  It's going to take them 2-3 game sto get into sync, and that needs to be in the preseason.  First game action for the offense in game 1 is BAD.  

They shouldn't play if they're hurt, but they really need to try and get on the field for the 3rd preseason game, and Jay needs not to be a wussy and needs to play them into the 3rd.  

Jay hasn't won an opener yet, and he's always been very protective of his players.  It's time for somewhat of a change.  Not a reckless change.  But a change.

38 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I totally disagree.  I do not want the first time that the offense is together to be opening day.  It's going to take them 2-3 game sto get into sync, and that needs to be in the preseason.  First game action for the offense in game 1 is BAD.  

They shouldn't play if they're hurt, but they really need to try and get on the field for the 3rd preseason game, and Jay needs not to be a wussy and needs to play them into the 3rd.  

Jay hasn't won an opener yet, and he's always been very protective of his players.  It's time for somewhat of a change.  Not a reckless change.  But a change.

Agree to disagree. If Jordan Reed's injury is just a step away from turf toe then pushing it for a preseason game would be wrong... And with any soft tissue injuries like the pulled hammys for Docston and Galette, those will linger much longer and potentially end up much worse if they're pulled again.

Health > cohesion. Cohesion is completely meaningless if the players are injured. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Then I don't want to hear any moaning about lack of cohesion in the first 3 games.

Deal. Just don't misconstrue the lack of getting up for games with a lack of cohesion 8-) 

If the guys play in the next game or two and then come out and fire on all cylinders in week 1, I'll gladly give you credit. But if we rush these guys back and they re-aggravate an injury and miss games in the regular season...

1 hour ago, Diehard Otis said:

I know I can't wait to see more than 2 series of play from The Starters this week.  C'mon Saturday!

Same here man. I'm even going to the game, my friend (patriots fan) wanted to visit me this week to go to a game with me so he's staying in town tomorrow to Sunday. And another friend of mine (Vikings fan, not sure that started) is joining us too, for his first redskins/probably first NFL game!! Should be exciting. 

Clinton Yates is the worst Redskins "fan" I've ever heard.  If we are a broken fan-base, as has been proposed, he should be the poster child. He says he is a fan and talks about how Kirk should leave as soon as possible.  He talks about how players just come here for their big payday.  Has he watched FA recently?  He is holding onto the 2000 Redskins it seems.  We actually have made the playoffs 2 out of the last 5 years (should be 3-last year blew it) and talks about how we NEVER make the playoffs.  Says we are the worst franchise in the NFL by far.  Hates the name Redskins.  For someone claiming to be a fan he is the absolute worst one I've ever heard.  He needs to move on for his own sake if sincere. Just wow. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Just discovered that ES has a ''days won'' thingy on profiles. But I can't see my own? :(

Somebody go to my profile and tell me if I ever won at ES. Give me that 5 seconds of happiness. 

It's not worth it.  When you win, you get to go to a restaurant of the Mods choosing (most have picked Olive Garden and Golden Corral in seedy neighborhoods).  And you have to provide your own way to get there and drinks aren't included.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Random thought of the night...but I can't be the only one who hates seeing Baker on Hard Knocks in a different uni.  Miss me some Swaggy. 

Meh, he was an average player who talked/showboated a lot for someone who wasn't that good.

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

It's not worth it.  When you win, you get to go to a restaurant of the Mods choosing (most have picked Olive Garden and Golden Corral in seedy neighborhoods).  And you have to provide your own way to get there and drinks aren't included.

Ugh thats gonna cost me then...

Thought it would be a Daniel Snyder FA treatment. Pick me and my family up with the Redskins one. Show me Redskins parc and the throphys. Meet some legendary Skin like Green. And end in a fancy restaurant 

Edited by wilco_holland
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh, he was an average player who talked/showboated a lot for someone who wasn't that good.

Exactly.  I won't miss watching him take a bunch of plays off and fail to beat his man 1:1 consistently.  

Liked the dance.  I liked the personality.  The player was seriously eh.

4 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Just discovered that ES has a ''days won'' thingy on profiles. But I can't see my own? :(

Somebody go to my profile and tell me if I ever won at ES. Give me that 5 seconds of happiness. 

You have not.

@ConnSKINS26 told me I won the most likes last week, so I should be doing pretty well.

John Harbaugh is a prick.  He is my least favorite coach and just a jerk. Remember when he ran across the field to start a fight with Gruden? This statement from our coaches ("The diversity of blitz packages and the fact that the Ravens routinely sent five pass rushers at Redskins quarterbacks were atypical of a first preseason game. The Redskins didn’t expect that.") is dumb because Harbaugh is going to go all out, preseason or not, and we should have known.  Shame on us, but makes him no less of a jerk.  They have probably the best preseason record of any team due to John's tactics & approach. He is his own players worst enemy and the reason they usually have so many injuries. Enough rant, just a coach, and team, I really do not like.  Really glad we have won the last two regular season meetings against them.  

http://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/this-just-in-john-harbaugh-is-a-dickhead/

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

John Harbaugh is a prick.  He is my least favorite coach and just a jerk. Remember when he ran across the field to start a fight with Gruden?  This statement from our coaches ("The diversity of blitz packages and the fact that the Ravens routinely sent five pass rushers at Redskins quarterbacks were atypical of a first preseason game. The Redskins didn’t expect that.") is dumb because Harbaugh is going to go all out, preseason or not, and we should have known.  Shame on us, but makes him no less of a jerk.  They have probably the best preseason record of any team due to John's tactics & approach. He is his own players worst enemy and the reason they usually have so many injuries. Enough rant, just a coach, and team, I really do not like.  Really glad we have won the last two regular season meetings against them.  

http://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/this-just-in-john-harbaugh-is-a-dickhead/

Meh, whatever. We've beaten him the last two times we played him in actual meaningful football.

Let him have his August wins. If Flacco is out for long, they might get surpassed by the BROWNS in their division.

• Like 1