Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

32 minutes ago, samy316 said:

In response to the fair weather fans comment, what do you expect?  When a team has sucked on the field for 30 years, and has been a professional sports embarrassment for the last 20 years, you’re not going to attract many new fans, LOL.  It’s amazing this team even has ANY fans left after the hell they’ve put the fan base through.  Plus, there are loads of new residents from all over the country moving to the DC area every year.  No one would make WFT their new team, especially if you’re coming from a town that has an NFL team.

Read the room bro.  Look at the local TV ratings for this team.  Nobody wants to watch this team anymore except for diehards. As a matter of fact, the people in the game day threads might literally be the only people left watching the games as WFT fans. We don’t have a marquee QB to even attract any former fans, much less casual fans.  Teams with QB’s draw ratings.  We don’t have a franchise QB or a captivating team for the masses to even care about.

Yeah ratings, whatever. I'm just saying even if I were like a Panther's fan living along the Eastern Carolina's I would be more interested in watching the Saints-WFT game. It would be different if it were the Chiefs-WFT game. Then watching Brady manhandle the Dolphins would be Zzzzzzz just fine. But ratings is what matters and for some reason they have figured out that ratings doesn't matter to the rest of the Carolina's. Go figure.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

If you have a choice of watching two movies that you've never heard of and one has Pacino, you're watching Pacino. Brady is Pacino. Chase at best right now, is Nicholas Cage.

This.  We have no stars on the radar as far as attracting casual viewers.  The closest star we have is Chase, but he and the defense have been completely subpar.  Since we have no franchise QB, you can't attract viewers with the main face of your team as a defensive player (who is no playing anywhere near up to par at the current moment).  I'll give you an example.  Aaron Donald is the best defensive player in the league hands down.  Might be one of the greatest defensive players ever.  But at the end of the day, he's a defensive player.  The casual viewer watches games to see touchdowns scored.  The Rams aren't a team that the casual viewer would watch before Matthew Stafford joined the Rams.  Now that the Rams have a legit QB, they will get more attention and primetime games.

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Seriously?  He's crazy, crazy good.  If he were in market, he'd be in a top-ten conversation.

Someone mentioned Reggie White not long ago and it sent me down an ex defensive great video wormhole and Guys like Kevin Greene, Dent, Butkis, Deon, etc. There is just so many guys who have been just insanely great. Time will tell where AD falls in the conversation, but all time? Do you think he's better than Sapp and Randle at DT? 

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 10:09 AM, samy316 said:

This.  We have no stars on the radar as far as attracting casual viewers. 

But the thing is, we weren't talking about a national game. We were talking about a certain region, where there's a known, long-standing fan interest for a particular team. And that fan interest in that region is arguably enough to compensate for lack of "star power".

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

But the thing is, we weren't talking about a national game. We were talking about a certain region, where there's a known, long-standing fan interest for a particular team. And that fan interest in that region is arguably enough to compensate for lack of "star power".

There's going to be a lot more people in that area saying "I don't care about this game" than there are that would care about watching Brady vs. Brissett. I think CBS got that one wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Usually the old ones will work. It's not necessarily necessary to post them every week, unless a site closes down or gets weak, or a better one comes along.

Just don't use the entire URL. Use the main domain, and search for this week's particular game.

Appreciate it!

• Like 1

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=6

CBS EARLY

06-CBS-E-V4.png
 Anchorage
 Fairbanks
 Honolulu 
Kansas City @ Washington
Ian Eagle, Charles Davis
LA Chargers @ Baltimore
Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta
Houston @ Indianapolis
Spero Dedes, Jay Feely
UPDATES:
  • Jacksonville, Tallahassee and Gainesville FL: KC-WSH to LAC-BAL (Sat)
  • Panama City FL: KC-WSH to LAC-BAL (Fri)
  • Tyler TX: HOU-IND to KC-WSH (Wed)

Looks like a large portion of the Eastern U.S. will get the game against the Chiefs.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just discovered my geographic area is not covering the WFT game with Kansas City.  Maybe they are doing me a favor?!!

I have to quarantine for 10 days due to testing positive for COVID so I could have used a diversion today.  CBS changed the game

a few days I ago.  Cannot go outside of my home to watch it at a sports bar.  

On 10/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Someone mentioned Reggie White not long ago and it sent me down an ex defensive great video wormhole and Guys like Kevin Greene, Dent, Butkis, Deon, etc. There is just so many guys who have been just insanely great. Time will tell where AD falls in the conversation, but all time? Do you think he's better than Sapp and Randle at DT? 

That was me

• Like 1