Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turning down free tickets

Burgold

Interesting. Opposed to going to a Democratic Convention and meeting the President of the United States, but for going to a Neo Nazi convention.

Hmmm....

:saber:

You take my lack of turning down Neo-nazi tickets as acceptance:silly:

Well you didn't say that you would refuse tickets to a NAMBLA event:laugh:

So far nobody has mentioned things on here where I would jump at the opportunity to go. Might attend the Republican National Convention if I went with a group of people I know, otherwise I would skip that as well.

A heavy metal concert. Nascar. Democratic Convention. Swimming match. Tennis match. Comic book show/convention. Star Trek/Star Wars convention.

You, Ma'am, have no taste in music.

Now, I'd never go to Opera, Tennis, Nascar, Hannah Montana or any other Disney or related pop groups, Country... well, there's a LOT I wouldn't go to. So much lame stuff out there.

I went to the Pocono 500 a couple of years ago. it was a surprisingly good time.

I agree with the u2 assessment. That band blows.

I'll go to pretty much any sporting event unless.

A)- it direcly interferes with a Redskin game or

B)- It's a WNBA game.....

There is not much for me, hey it's free. Why not? Probably Coldplay, overrated group.

I agree. Plus free tickets are usually from someone I know. And since I don't know any Neo Nazis or Jonas Brothers fans I can't see a problem with free tickets. Last offer I had was for Neil Young and the Neville brothers a few weeks back. Unfortunately I had to turn them down to study for finals.:doh:

any WWE or other similar crap

HAha, I knew I liked you!

... in hindsight it kind makes me doubt in God, but what can you do. The event was worthwhile to experience.

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers:evilg:

For me- Maybe a very heavy metal band...Love Ac/DC and Metallica, so more than just heavy rock. And the obvious racial/abusive groups previously mentioned, I'd hope that would be an understood position.:silly:

I'd go to most live musical acts just because I've found that even stuff I don't listen to at all on my own time (and some of that I'd turn off or get away from fast) is obviously much enhanced on stage and enjoyable.

I'd turn down anything involving golf.

velocet

Burgold, I actually happened to catch a KKK march in DC, while working as a motorcycle courier in '82. It was somewhat entertaining watching wanabe black panthers trying to get to them and the insuing vandalism and looting. Nothing like a good riot and clashes with the police. :evilg:

I'd turn down concert tickets to Barbara Streisand, Cher, or Melisa Ethridge, just a few names that popped up.

You need to turn in your man card just for mentioning those women.

See, the pay thing is dubious because of the "how much" factor. If you gave me five bucks to go to a NASCAR race, I'd still turn it down, but if you gave me 100,000 dollars I think that would be worth a day of boredom.

I've gone to four or five operas and three or four ballets (ballets are worse imo). I would like to be able to get into ballet or Dance, but they bore me. I appreciate the skill, athleticism and beautiful bodies, but rarely do they hold my attention for more than ten minutes. They're worth experiencing especially if it's a good company or exceptional talent.

In spite of that if given the chance (for free) some of you nay sayers ought to stretch your wings. Worse comes to worse, you could leave at intermission :silly:

See, the pay thing is dubious because of the "how much" factor. If you gave me five bucks to go to a NASCAR race, I'd still turn it down, but if you gave me 100,000 dollars I think that would be worth a day of boredom.
If someone told me they turned down 100K to go to a neo-nazi gala, I'd say they were foolish (or rich).

If someone told me they turned down 100K to go to a neo-nazi gala, I'd say they were foolish (or rich).

Yeah... but I'm Jewish. What's the point of having a hundred thousand bucks if the next day you go to the event and are murdered. More, there are some things worth opposing that you can't put a price on. You couldn't give me a billion and make me toast and celebrate Nazis.

I remember even last year offering people free tickets to the Caps and got back several nos ... don't think I'll have that problem with my season tickets this year.

As far as what I've turned down or would:

Nascar

NBA

Anything Musical

Nats tickets

95% of concerts, especially washed up 80's rock acts still trying to make a living, like Van Halen, etc.

NASCAR.

WNBA or really, any womens sport. Nothing sexist, i just dont follow any of them or find them interesting. I can hardly watch the NBA......which brings me to,

Wizards tix, unless they were playing a marquee team.

Anything that requires me to get dressed up that doesnt involve an open bar, or at minumum, dinner.

Archived