Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turning down free tickets

Burgold

What would you never want to go to? What concert, event, game, convention... anything that requires your name on a list. More, what would you turn down even if someone handed you free tickets? Now, you can choose any reason you want to turn something down: Health, phobia, disinterest, active hatred, etc.

For me, there are two that come to mind immediately:

1) Neo Nazi convention or gala. No explanation needed hopefully.

2) NASCAR... Now, this may be one where I'm wrong. I might go and have a blast, but the notion of sitting up in some stands for several hours breathing fumes just to watch cars go around in a circle seems like the ultimate in tedium to me. Sure, they're fast cars, but it's still like getting a good seat to watch the Beltway for six hours straight.

I'll go ahead and say it....

Tickets to a Dallass game when they arent playing the Redskins. I would also agree with the neo-nazi get together.

on a related note, I'll take them there NASCAR tickets you dont want :silly:

oh, any rap/hiphop concert or tennis match would be a no go also.

They're yours :)

I think I'd also turn down tickets to see the NFL Draft in New York. I mean it sounds like something that would be fun, but it would be cool for 15 minutes and then sitting and watching names and a vid screen for 4 or 5 hours. Not my cup of tea.

U2 concert - I think they suck. That goes for any of today's pop music as well. It sucks.

A taping of American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, America's got Talent and any show like that. They suck.

And also no neo-nazi convention as well.

Burgold, I actually happened to catch a KKK march in DC, while working as a motorcycle courier in '82. It was somewhat entertaining watching wanabe black panthers trying to get to them and the insuing vandalism and looting. Nothing like a good riot and clashes with the police. :evilg:

I'd turn down concert tickets to Barbara Streisand, Cher, or Melisa Ethridge, just a few names that popped up.

Democratic Convention/any speech by Obama

Any Rap/Hip Hop Concert

Tickets to the Opera

Interesting. Opposed to going to a Democratic Convention and meeting the President of the United States, but for going to a Neo Nazi convention.

Hmmm....

Democratic Convention/any speech by Obama

The Repubican National Convention

Really? I went to the Inaugural Prayer Breakfast for Bush in 2004 and though 95% of the people were different from me both politically and religious-ly I thought it was interesting. I even prayed for God to grant Bush wisdom and strength in his upcoming term.

... in hindsight it kind makes me doubt in God, but what can you do. The event was worthwhile to experience.

Well lemme know if you ever get some :silly:

I'd turn down free tickets to a taping of The Price is Right with Drew Carey hosting...show sucks now :doh: :silly:

Drew Carey is a ****ing idiot just waiting to be cut up and grilled on a stick.

****ing ****head.

Archived