Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO: Redskins were willing to trade close to their entire draft for Sanchez

Mackdaddydean

You'll wait for what? Is your question supposed to prove something? No other team had a clue who they wanted to land but the skins? The skins had only one guy in mind?

What is your point. I'll wait.

orakpo was the man they wanted and the man they got.

they were going to trade up to get him, couldn't and then he fell right to them.

you hate cerrato. no matter what he does you hate him.

your opinion on this matter is therefore worthless.

the FO hit a homerun and you can't be happy for YOUR team.

According to the Jets, ESPN Radio reports that the Redskins were willing to trade close to their entire draft to move up and get Sanchez.

Pretty crazy that they wanted him that much. Discuss.

Yeah ... and Cooley ... and Jason. :doh:

Whatever gets the Jets' fan through the night.

:helmet: The Rook

Do you all really believe that we didnt make a play for Sanchez?? So what if we had an Orakpo jersey. We probaly had a Sanchez jersey there too. Im just glad it didnt happen but in my opinion, we made a play. Price we just too high.

I believe we wanted Sanchez, but not as much as the Jets thought. It's extremely convenient that the Jets made a trade with a vital team in terms of letting Orakpo slip to us.

he said they made a couple calls, and the price too high... is NOT tried to trade their entire draft for Sanchez

and no they didn't have a bunch of jerseys made up

Ok if we are going on the assumption that they wouldn't trade next year's first round pick, how would it be even possible for the skins to jump from #13 to #5 without trading most of their picks from this year? Explain.

Also when did the team hire you to sew jerseys for new players?

Just ESPN trying to cover there ass over all the Sanchez hype

the Skins were not going to draft Sanchez.... they had a Orakpo jersey made up ahead of time

'nuff said

they probably had a lot of different jerseys. i wouldnt read too much into that. Plus in the redskins history when have they did anything smart......? THEY WANTED HIM BAD ENOUGH TO DO IT imo

The real issue is this: just how long will the media, and some Skins fans, be willing to keep the "Danny wanted his mancrush on the team no matter what" storyline going?

at least until paloffs time.

I'll have to check with Coach Zorn on that. I don't recall him mentioning anything about gold in his press conference. :silly:

ok, but I am going to see him tomorrow for brunch so I will just have him shoot you a PM ;)

orakpo was the man they wanted and the man they got. they were going to trade up to get him, couldn't and then he fell right to them.
You're dreaming.
you hate cerrato. no matter what he does you hate him. your opinion on this matter is therefore worthless. the FO hit a homerun and you can't be happy for YOUR team.
What a mindless comment. I agree we hit a homerun today. Where have I said otherwise? I'm thrilled we drafted DLine and have been begging for such a move for years. I didn't want Sanchez. What I don't like is obvious BS. Vinnie mentioned that Orakpo was in their top five. TOP FIVE. You telling me that he picked one guy from their top five and only one guy? Knowing that we had no 2nd rounder and that we weren't going to trade next years first? That's stupidity. At the 13th spot with no ammo to move up there was no way to be certain at all. Orakpo could have easily gone in the top 7 and there was nothing the skins had to do anything about it. Yet you still cling to this stupid notion that we were single minded and explored no other alternative, which I might add directly contradicts what Vinnie said himself.

As for Vinnie? Yeah I'd rather he not be our GM. His track record is terrible and I think he's little more than a yes man for Dan Snyder. If you think that discounts my argument I'll counter by saying you're a blind homer and you'd celebrate and defend any move the team made. How about we just present our views and skip the YOU'RE OPINION DOESN'T COUNT nonsense?

who did you want? i'm happy with the consensus #1 DE prospect for a sack-starved team.

Dont insinuate that i was against a D-lineman because i wasnt and the need was definatly there. Orakpos weakness in the run game and little variety of moves to rush the passer dont really excite me. I will really just have to wait and see how he reacts when he cant power buy people in the NFL like he could in college. I feel as far as long term potential he is already close to hitting his ceiling and potential is close to be maxed out.

Dont insinuate that i was against a D-lineman because i wasnt and the need was definatly there. Orakpos weakness in the run game and little variety of moves to rush the passer dont really excite me. I will really just have to wait and see how he reacts when he cant power buy people in the NFL like he could in college. I feel as far as long term potential he is already close to hitting his ceiling and potential is close to be maxed out.

Wait wait wait..........someone doesn't think this was absolutely brilliant?

Why does all this matter? Are people just try to discredit Snyder and Vinny? What is the point?

There are 1000 different times in NFL history where great GM's have settle for a player lower on their, despite going after a bigger named player who turns out to be a huge bust. Luck has alot to do with these things.

Don't make it sound like these two are raving lunatics for trying to draft Mark Sanchez. They liked the player and they explored (within reasonable limits) trying to trade up for him. So what? It didn't work out so we drafted our second most ideal player. That probably happens on 95% of all picks.

sorry if i sounded that way. it wasn't my intention.

i asked who you wanted and then told you why i was happy with our pick. i still want to know who you wanted us to pick.

Archived