Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO: Redskins were willing to trade close to their entire draft for Sanchez

Mackdaddydean

wow...so YOU know the deal but nobody else does?

when has danny ever NOT had what it took to get someone? this will be the first time and Sanchez isnt even as big name as some of the players he has gotten.

Dan always gets his man when there is very little interest from other teams in a player that no longer has any value. Dan has trouble when he is bidding for a player who is wanted by several clubs like Cutler and Sanchez.

According to the Jets, ESPN Radio reports that the Redskins were willing to trade close to their entire draft to move up and get Sanchez.

Pretty crazy that they wanted him that much. Discuss.

Well I guess when you say "entire draft", that's alot more dramatic, than the few picks we actually had.

In all honestly, the Jets trade was probably more value than "our entire draft". So it's not that r.

It's not like we traded 7 picks this year and two next year like the Ricky Williams trade.

People are just trying to stir up more anti-Snyder sentiment.

hmm, do you think cleveland and kid belicheck might have said, hey the redskins are giving us a lot so maybe you should up it.

nooooo that could never happen, i've never heard of an agent using the skins as a bargaining chip to drive up the price.

and you think the jets are going to come out and say "hey, no one else wanted him but we sold the farm anyway"

What is this post here?

you take your logic and you GET OUT OF HERE!! :silly:

If you guys listen to the audio from Vinny, a reporter asked if the skins made inquiries to trade up for Sanchez. Vinny was very blunt and clear and said yes they did. They didn't do anything because the price was too high.

If you think about it, since they said they would not trade next year's first round pick, we only had our 1st, 3rd, and 5th as ammunition (I don't think a 6th or 7th rounder matters much) to move up from 13 to #5. So yes, I could have seen it happening.

As far as the jersey thing, c'mon. If there is one thing you can say about Snyder is that he does things first class. I'm sure he had jersey's made of a few different guys.

he said they made a couple calls, and the price too high... is NOT tried to trade their entire draft for Sanchez

and no they didn't have a bunch of jerseys made up

Why did we have an Orakpo jersey already made and sent up to NY.

This statement needs to stop popping up. You have no idea how many jersey's were made. I'll give you some evidence: Vinnie couldn't believe he fell that far. That means they didn't think they'd get him. You telling me they had one jersey made... just one... for a guy they didn't think they'd land?

Dan always gets his man when there is very little interest from other teams in a player that no longer has any value. Dan has trouble when he is bidding for a player who is wanted by several clubs like Cutler and Sanchez.

guess we should tell #92 that then

and nobody was going to outbid the bears for cutler.

"Close to our entire draft" ain't saying a whole lot, considering how few picks we have. And our compensatory pick isn't even tradeable, so we're really not talking about much. Even the package Cleveland got from the Jets was fairly modest.

Yeah...if thte Skins offered their 1st and 3rd round picks, that would constitute "close to their entire draft" lol...But you know, it sounds so much more dramatic--and it fits perfectly into the "Snyder Loves Sanchez!!" hyperbole--so they went with that phrasing instead.

For what it's worth, on a special interview with Feldy, George Michael, and Doc Walker grilling Vinny, Feldy asked him point blank if they would trade up to get Sanchez. Vinny basically said no. Before anyone asks, I say basically because Feldy said "Scratch your head if you will trade up to get Sanchez" and Vinny didn't scratch his head, just looked back at him - but then at the same time as Feldy saying "Ok, that's all I want to know" Vinny also said "Does that include trading DOWN?"

That made me feel good. Glad we didn't sacrifice the future.

Man, I am glad it worked out how it did. Did you state NY radio reported that the Skins wanted to trade almost their entire draft picks for him?? Do you think this may have been reported to justify the Jets side of the trade?? Just a thought.

Just ESPN trying to cover there ass over all the Sanchez hype

the Skins were not going to draft Sanchez.... they had a Orakpo jersey made up ahead of time

'nuff said

How do we know that for sure? I believe it, but has this been confirmed outside of Vinny Cerrato saying it?

he said they made a couple calls, and the price too high... is NOT tried to trade their entire draft for Sanchez

and no they didn't have a bunch of jerseys made up

CLOSE TO not ALL. CLOSE TO = 1st 3rd and 4th/5th/7th which would certainly have lost to 1st 2nd and three players the coach is familiar with.

This statement needs to stop popping up. You have no idea how many jersey's were made. I'll give you some evidence: Vinnie couldn't believe he fell that far. That means they didn't think they'd get him. You telling me they had one jersey made... just one... for a guy they didn't think they'd land?

well then name the players who were drafted who had jerseys with their names on it.

i'll wait.

How do we know that for sure? I believe it, but has this been confirmed outside of Vinny Cerrato saying it?

but but but but they had a jersey made! and I'm suuuuuure they only had one made. No chance a Sanchez jersey existed (or 4 others)

well then name the players who were drafted who had jerseys with their names on it.

i'll wait.

You'll wait for what? Is your question supposed to prove something? No other team had a clue who they wanted to land but the skins? The skins had only one guy in mind?

What is your point. I'll wait.

It wasn't an opinion. This was straight from the Jets who told the ESPN radio source.

Okay, an assessment from an extremely biased source then?

Wait...is it possible to have more than one jersey?????????????????????????????? Crazy. Bottom line, we didn't have what it took to get Sanchez. We lost out on him. Now, Orakpo looks great. But let's not act like this was the plan.

Of course, because we can never give the FO any credit.

Archived