Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO: Redskins were willing to trade close to their entire draft for Sanchez

Mackdaddydean

Yeah cause he'd totally say he was going to give up his entire draft for Sanchez if it were true. Some you guys i swear...
Yeah, let me guess, your source who heard from a guy than this source who heard from a guy.

The point of my post, dimwit, was that you can't believe ANY of them, because there's two opposite accounts out there at the same exact time.

You CHOOSE which one to believe, that's all. But it doesn't mean anything beyond that.

~Bang

You're dreaming.

What a mindless comment. I agree we hit a homerun today. Where have I said otherwise? I'm thrilled we drafted DLine and have been begging for such a move for years. I didn't want Sanchez. What I don't like is obvious BS. Vinnie mentioned that Orakpo was in their top five. TOP FIVE. You telling me that he picked one guy from their top five and only one guy? Knowing that we had no 2nd rounder and that we weren't going to trade next years first? That's stupidity. At the 13th spot with no ammo to move up there was no way to be certain at all. Orakpo could have easily gone in the top 7 and there was nothing the skins had to do anything about it. Yet you still cling to this stupid notion that we were single minded and explored no other alternative, which I might add directly contradicts what Vinnie said himself.

As for Vinnie? Yeah I'd rather he not be our GM. His track record is terrible and I think he's little more than a yes man for Dan Snyder. If you think that discounts my argument I'll counter by saying you're a blind homer and you'd celebrate and defend any move the team made. How about we just present our views and skip the YOU'RE OPINION DOESN'T COUNT nonsense?

when you have a top 5 and draft 13th there are realistic people and ridiculous guys who aren't going to drop.

let's say for the sake of argument the top 5 were:

sanchez (whom everyone knew was going to get taken earlier than 13)

raji (top 10 projected)

crabtree (what is oakland smoking)

smith (wildcard)

orakpo

how many of those guys do you think we had a real shot at?

smith's stock jumped for some reason right before the draft, so he was probably out.

maybe you should consider the events leading up to what happened today.

redskins drive up interest for sanchez.

sanchez is taken early leaving players to drop.

orakpo drops redskins take him.

it doesn't matter...the jets made the trade, we didnt, so they look worse than we did.

Do they? I thought they were looking pretty good to Jets fans. It was hilarious to hear the boos when they posted the trade details though. I wonder what the final consensus was though.

sorry if i sounded that way. it wasn't my intention.

i asked who you wanted and then told you why i was happy with our pick. i still want to know who you wanted us to pick.

i was more of a fan of trading back a few spots and trying to aquire more picks. Depending on what we do at SAM LB i think it opens a weakness in our run defense on the edges especially if HB gets the nod. The Skins D ends up not being able to stop the run on early downs it wont matter if we can rush the passer or not.

when you have a top 5 and draft 13th there are realistic people and ridiculous guys who aren't going to drop.

let's say for the sake of argument the top 5 were:

sanchez (whom everyone knew was going to get taken earlier than 13)

raji (top 10 projected)

crabtree (what is oakland smoking)

smith (wildcard)

orakpo

how many of those guys do you think we had a real shot at?

smith's stock jumped for some reason right before the draft, so he was probably out.

maybe you should consider the events leading up to what happened today.

redskins drive up interest for sanchez.

sanchez is taken early leaving players to drop.

orakpo drops redskins take him.

Yea, that's it. :rolleyes: Keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.

Yeah sure we were.

Next thing you'd hear is that Sanchez was fitted for a wedding dress with Snyder mimicking the Sports Illustrated Cover of Williams and Ditka

Yeah, we were. Mort reported what we were willing to give up. It was this drafts picks and a 2nd from next year to get to number 5. We couldn't afford number two based on the Jimmy Johnson draft value chart.

And by the way.... there was collusion between the Jets and Browns as much as three weeks ago apparently. The Ryan Brothers? Mangini and Tannenbaum? Its already the story of the day....

i was more of a fan of trading back a few spots and trying to aquire more picks. Depending on what we do at SAM LB i think it opens a weakness in our run defense on the edges especially if HB gets the nod. The Skins D ends up not being able to stop the run on early downs it wont matter if we can rush the passer or not.

i agree with you here on the trade back, but i just don't think they can let a pass rusher like this get by them since it has been ages since they've had a pass rush worth fearing.

we traded back last year and it got us a whole bunch of players that didn't do much. meanwhile our 1st round picks usually haven't been busts under this regime, so i'll give them a pass and say they played towards their strength.

i imagine the new guy from oakland starting at SAM. HB is our replacement fletch and he displayed that SAM is out of position for him last year.

my dream and something i think blache will look at is

1st down Orak at SAM vet at DE

2nd same

3rd Orak at DE best coverage backer at SAM.

this would change on obvious passing downs.

just remember JT was horrible at run stuffing, but we still managed.

thats your retort?

sounded good to me. what do you disagree with?

What do I disagree with? I disagree with the claims that we were not genuinely interested in Mark Sanchez. That deal would have happened if Dan and Vinny could have made it happen. Brain Orakpo was not the player that Dan and Vinny wanted most. Dan and Vinny wanted to address our quaterback issue in this draft and it has not hapened as of yet.

i agree with you here on the trade back, but i just don't think they can let a pass rusher like this get by them since it has been ages since they've had a pass rush worth fearing.

we traded back last year and it got us a whole bunch of players that didn't do much. meanwhile our 1st round picks usually haven't been busts under this regime, so i'll give them a pass and say they played towards their strength.

i imagine the new guy from oakland starting at SAM. HB is our replacement fletch and he displayed that SAM is out of position for him last year.

my dream and something i think blache will look at is

1st down Orak at SAM vet at DE

2nd same

3rd Orak at DE best coverage backer at SAM.

this would change on obvious passing downs.

just remember JT was horrible at run stuffing, but we still managed.

No we really didnt manage because when teams needed to put us away they went to the off tackle run game and we had no answer. Orakpo isnt even a real legit pass rusher IMO.

What do I disagree with? I disagree with the claims that we were not genuinely interested in Mark Sanchez. That deal would have happened if Dan and Vinny could have made it happen. Brain Orakpo was not the player that Dan and Vinny wanted most. Dan and Vinny wanted to address our quaterback issue in this draft and it has not hapened as of yet.

It didn't happen though. That's the whole point. They may have wanted Sanchez, and I think they did, but in the end they drove up his price. It was a win-win situation, and the Redskins look smart right now.

oh, so you are disagreeing with something thats not a part of the thread. Gotcha. The thread says we were willing to trade "close to everything". not that we werent interested.

I also wonder why they would have called the donkeys to trade for him and make a jersey for someone they didnt really want.

you know what makes me feel better?

we drafted orakpo without giving up anything.

That's fine. I'm glad that you're happy with the pick. My point is that if Dan and Vinny could have made the trade for Sanchez, it would happened. No smokescreen. It didn't happen from a lack of trying.

No we really didnt manage because when teams needed to put us away they went to the off tackle run game and we had no answer. Orakpo isnt even a real legit pass rusher IMO.

he had 11 sacks last year, and was the top rated pass rusher. IMO he is a legit pass rusher.

the LSU guy is just another daniels/wynn. great run stuffer but can't get to the passer.

Dan and Vinny might not have wanted him but WE HAVE him NOW so MOVE on and be happy that we may finally have a credible pass rush.

Shoot, they took what, two minutes to make the pick? I'd say they wanted him.

~Bang

Archived