Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO: Redskins were willing to trade close to their entire draft for Sanchez

Mackdaddydean

ENTIRE DRAFT!?!?!? Oh wait, we only had a 3rd and 5th and would have swapped 1sts. Who cares. The Jets are hearing it from some NY media, they gave up way too much. I was interested in getting Sanchez, but after I heard the trade I was glad we didn't. After Denver picked Moreno I was insanely glad we didn't because I knew who we would pick.

Sal Palantonio gives a different version of the story. He actually says the deal was being worked on "between friends" Rob Ryan and his brother for a few days, and they finished the details last night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=4100078

I don't think the Skins were ever a serious consideration for the Browns. They might have been interested, but, in a wise move, had already decided what their limit in cost would be. I think they realized it wasn't going to happen and once Sanchez was gone, they tried to trade up to get Orakpo and, Vinny said, they couldn't get a partner.

I'm just wondering, what exactly does a line with Griffin, Haynesworth, Carter, Orakpo, backups Daniels, Montgomery, Golston, and possible SOLB Wilson look like? And why does Todd McShay look he's going to cry whenever he hast to be on video with Mel Kiper? We know who wears the pants in that relationship!

I heard the rumor on the radio (I think they attributed it to Sal Pal) and I still think it was a smokescreen to get someone to trade up for Sanchez and push other players down to us.

So, why the offer? Maybe to put some fire under that smoke to keep the interested parties ill at ease. I think they knew that what they were offering wasn't going to be enough and put it out there anyways so that word got around.

BTW, I think it is funny that they were calling Denver's interest in Sanchez a smokescreen, but then they pick Moreno at #12, where no one was probably going to pick him higher than Denver.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-9-139/Redskins-have-to-be-thrilled-with-Orakpo.html

But from the start, Vinny Cerrato and his staff loved Orakpo's game. And the No. 2 overall pick Jason Smith has told me before that Orakpo was by far the best defensive end he ever faced.

And although I don't have the link (you can look it up in JLC's past blog post from 3-4 months ago), Cerrato had a hard-on for Orakpo and the guy he wanted but didn't think there was any way he'd fall out of the top 5-7 picks.

The Redskins gave up a 3rd and a 4th and their 2006 #1 (22?) to get Denver's #1 (25) pick in 2005. 3 picks to get 1 in return. That is nowhere close to what the Jets traded.

are you saying the jets traded more or less? cause the jets swapped first rounders and gave one pick, and 3 players that arent very good.

the skins gave a 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, and 4th rounder. 3/7 of an entire draft.

the only pick the jets lost was their 2nd rounder.

im baffled some of you arent capable of admitting that the team wanted sanchez. i mean seriously guys, does vinny have to come out and say it for you to believe it?

if you honestly believe everything involved in this (campbell being upset and talking about a potential trade, the talk about trading up, the dinner with sanchez, all the media reports about anything regarding sanchez and the skins) was some elaborate smokescreen or some ploy, please let me know what drugs you are using, and if youd be willing to share them with me.

Didn't you hear? We have a franchise QB and nearly every team in the league is looking up at us, envious of how fortunate we are to have a franchise QB that they themselves lack and desperately covet.

im baffled some of you arent capable of admitting that the team wanted sanchez. i mean seriously guys, does vinny have to come out and say it for you to believe it?

if you honestly believe everything involved in this (campbell being upset and talking about a potential trade, the talk about trading up, the dinner with sanchez, all the media reports about anything regarding sanchez and the skins) was some elaborate smokescreen or some ploy, please let me know what drugs you are using, and if youd be willing to share them with me.

Yes, every single team has a jersey made for every single guy who is there. Wait. No. :doh:

I would hazard a guess that the Redskins had jerseys made for every player that they had interest in for day one. This may mean only Orakpo or it may mean 10 different players.

Either way I don't believe all this hype that media gives to the Redskins saying that they were going to trade their entire draft for Sanchez. They are speculators, that is what they do. Until somebody who actually has real knowledge about the situation comes forward I will only view it as speculation... because that's all it is/was.

Why would the Jets know what we offered to trade for the fourth spot?? the Jets trade into that spot with the Browns, wouldn't the Browns be the one's putting this out there.. Why would the Jets release this information anyways? Is the goal to make them look better or make the skins look bad? I don't understand this at all.. Sounds a little off to me..

I have no doubt that the skins were slightly interested in Sanchez.. why wouldn't they be, Campbell's in a contract year, Sanchez could be a super star.. but I'm a little skeptical about the whole giving up the draft to get him thing.. That's rediculous..

BLC, did you ever analyze you sig and come to the conclusion that it could be construed as a bit racist? Why don't you photoshop a picture of JC in a tethered shroud and write "get the spook out."

BLC, did you ever analyze you sig and come to the conclusion that it could be construed as a bit racist? Why don't you photoshop a picture of JC in a tethered shroud and write "get the spook out."

BLC doesn't believe Jansen is the best person for this team either.

Does that mean he is racist against white people?:doh:

LOL. I actually enjoy that Soul Glow must go sig. But of course it must be racist, calling for Campbell to be replaced and all. Since it's a given that he's a franchise QB, anyone calling for him to be benched must consequently be a complete racist.

BLC doesn't believe Jansen is the best person for this team either.

Does that mean he is racist against white people?:doh:

No. Commyderm2 isn't interested in actual debate, it's a power tactic to demonize your opposition in a debate on a personal level rather than arguing their points.

It's what commy (so aptly named, by the way) does. He's not interested in anything where he doesn't get to demonize his opponents as crypto or open racists.

He absolutely is useless to debate on this board because he poisons it. It's one thing for one side to call another moronic and to get overheated on FOOTBALL opinions bu to be so persistent in the racial argument illustrates something about his character.

Unfortunately, while he's the most vicious, he's not the only one to engage in this ad hominem plus straw man style of personal attack and 'argument.' But he definitely needs to go because we don't benefit as a board from someone who has what, 10% out of just 200 posts calling other people racists for having an opinion on the QB.

You guys drinking the kool-aid allows the front office to continue to make terrible decisions. I'm ecstatic the draft went the way it did, but there's no way you can tell me the front office wasn't interested in snatching Sanchez. It even says it on our damned site.

You probably need to know that a lot of people on this board....

.....aren't very smart.

Okay. That will be enough of that. Know this now. Leveling unfounded charges of racism will not be tolerated. This thread was already going down hill,(some of you better learn to keep things above ground in a hurry) in a hurry and that pretty much sealed the deal. End of conversation.

Archived