Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO: Redskins were willing to trade close to their entire draft for Sanchez

Mackdaddydean

That's fine. I'm glad that you're happy with the pick. My point is that if Dan and Vinny could have made the trade for Sanchez, it would happened. No smokescreen. It didn't happen from a lack of trying.

if dan wanted sanchez and thought he was the future of this team he would have gotten him.

if you don't believe this then you don't watch the offseason around ashburn.

if he really wanted sanchez he would have traded next years first, which he said yesterday he wouldn't do. he said it was too big of a risk, doesn't sound like he was all that confident in sanchez. not to mention he was willing to do it with JC.

That's fine. I'm glad that you're happy with the pick. My point is that if Dan and Vinny could have made the trade for Sanchez, it would happened. No smokescreen. It didn't happen from a lack of trying.

oh, so you know what they did to try for sanchez?

how long have you worked at redskins park?

It's ridiculous that people keep throwing the Orakpo jersey as a reason that we weren't interested in Sanchez. We had no way of knowing we would land Orakpo. And who's to say there aren't other jersey's with names on the back being burnt in back of Radio City Music Hall as we speak?

when they called denver they were told "dont worry, youll get your pick" like they knew they were going to pick Orakpo the whole time.

can you imagine vinny on the phone:

VC: "so you guys want to flip picks and pick up another pick later?"

JM: "nah, don't worry, you'll get your guy. we're taking moreno"

VC: "oh, ok."

VC: *hangs up phone*

*head explodes*

It's ridiculous that people keep throwing the Orakpo jersey as a reason that we weren't interested in Sanchez. We had no way of knowing we would land Orakpo. And who's to say there aren't other jersey's with names on the back being burnt in back of Radio City Music Hall as we speak?

So it was 80 minutes between the Jets picking Sanchez and the Skins picking Orakpo. 80 minutes is more than enough time to sew or glue or iron-on 6 letters on the back of a jersey.

Just ESPN trying to cover there ass over all the Sanchez hype

the Skins were not going to draft Sanchez.... they had a Orakpo jersey made up ahead of time

'nuff said

LOL. Dude. How much do you want to bet that they also had a Sanchez jersey ready to go as well? ;)

We probably had top 30 player's jersey made. Like it would cost that much.

I call bull****.

If we were willing to do it, why didn't we do it?

Why did we have an Orakpo jersey already made and sent up to NY.

All a smoke screen if you ask me.

Just ESPN trying to cover there ass over all the Sanchez hype

the Skins were not going to draft Sanchez.... they had a Orakpo jersey made up ahead of time

'nuff said

totally ...

i don't likethe FO at all, but i think they were half BSing with the Sanchez stuff...even they are not that dumb.

If you guys listen to the audio from Vinny, a reporter asked if the skins made inquiries to trade up for Sanchez. Vinny was very blunt and clear and said yes they did. They didn't do anything because the price was too high.

If you think about it, since they said they would not trade next year's first round pick, we only had our 1st, 3rd, and 5th as ammunition (I don't think a 6th or 7th rounder matters much) to move up from 13 to #5. So yes, I could have seen it happening.

As far as the jersey thing, c'mon. If there is one thing you can say about Snyder is that he does things first class. I'm sure he had jersey's made of a few different guys.

oh, so you are disagreeing with something thats not a part of the thread. Gotcha. The thread says we were willing to trade "close to everything". not that we werent interested.

I also wonder why they would have called the donkeys to trade for him and make a jersey for someone they didnt really want.

Cleveland told the Jets the Skins wanted to give away their draft, Jets told ESPN

Redskins, never called the Browns ;)

people believe what they want to

hmm, do you think cleveland and kid belicheck might have said, hey the redskins are giving us a lot so maybe you should up it.

nooooo that could never happen, i've never heard of an agent using the skins as a bargaining chip to drive up the price.

and you think the jets are going to come out and say "hey, no one else wanted him but we sold the farm anyway"

I don't care what the thread title says. It has evolved into a debate on whether the Skins had any honest interest in drafting Mark Sanchez. That is all that this thread is about. There have been numerous posts indicating that our interest was nothing more than a smokescreen which I do not believe to be true.

So it was 80 minutes between the Jets picking Sanchez and the Skins picking Orakpo. 80 minutes is more than enough time to sew or glue or iron-on 6 letters on the back of a jersey.

Vinny said they sent the jersey to NY and I don't doubt him. I just don't believe it's the only jersey that was up there unless they didn't like the other 8 guys sitting in the green room.

I also don't believe that we didn't try to get Sanchez based on the jersey as evidence. Besides Vinny said he talked about getting Sanchez.

All in all, this report is most likely Jets propaganda. Vinny does the same thing every time he makes a trade. He says so and so wanted that player badly and we beat them to it.

he had 11 sacks last year, and was the top rated pass rusher. IMO he is a legit pass rusher.

the LSU guy is just another daniels/wynn. great run stuffer but can't get to the passer.

Yes he had 11 sacks last season cant deny that. Orakpo at this point hasnt displayed enough pass rushing moves for me to be giddy over him. E.Brown seems more of a pure pass rusher than Orakpo and in the college level used a variety of the spin, rip, swim, ect to get to the QB. Orakpo has only shown the ability to beat the tackle to a spot and use his power to turn the corner.

With that being said Haynesworth attracting alot of attention will make Orakpo better. The way Orakpo rushes wide and tries to turn the corner could end up flushing QB's back to Haynesworth in the middle which is a plus.

If we were willing to give up the entire draft, which would have been 6 picks total, I would have thought that Cleveland would have jumped on that for sure. I don't really believe that to be true. Besides we picked at thirteen where the Jets were picking at 17? It doesn't make sense to me. Besides, it was a "Jets Source" that was saying this. This is why I love anonymous sources. They state a "fact" and it gets reported as if that was really happening. I think that there was a trade for sure, but I don't think that they were going to pull the NO saints deal.

the reason we didnt get sanchez is cause we couldnt compete with the jets. the jets had a 2nd, to give, and gave the browns 3 players that mangini wanted from his time in NY. plus we didnt have a 2nd to give, nor did we have the players that mangini wanted, or even players to give in the first place.

and cleveland definitely had no interest in the early part of the 1st round.

Evidently they weren't trying to give up whatthe Jets did.Hence Dan Synder's words yesterday."We're not giving uo our #1 pick next year".So IF it were true at one point ..it didn't happen. Brian Orakpo is who we selcted.I'm looking forward to seeing him with Haynesworth and Co.

I don't care what the thread title says. It has evolved into a debate on whether the Skins had any honest interest in drafting Mark Sanchez. That is all that this thread is about. There have been numerous posts indicating that our interest was nothing more than a smokescreen which I do not believe to be true.

No we are not saying Vinny and Snyder did not have interest in drafting Sanchez, clearly they did, the difference is they set a price they were willing to maybe trade up to get him, and decided if they ask for more than this we say no. Cleveland obviously wanted more than this.

The Smokescreen is that we were willing to go balls to the wall giving up everything we have for one player, and that just was never the case. We didn't give up as much as the jets did to draft JC, why would we for Sanchez?

Archived