Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN RADIO: Redskins were willing to trade close to their entire draft for Sanchez

Mackdaddydean

I refuse to believe the hype. And THK God we didn't in the end.

I don't believe it either, the Doc walker Interview basically sold me that it was the mediaots all along that were pushing a trade for Sanchez. the FO was interested, but set their limit for a trade and they were not going to give up what the Jets did no way.

The thread title speaks for itself bro. That's exactly what was reported. Nothing more nothing less. What else should I be saying?

oh wow...so ESPN RADIO is all you need?

well heck man I'm sure we can find radio stations that say otherwise. these are dudes who just sit around and give their opinions.

once again..opinions.

oh wow...so ESPN RADIO is all you need?

well heck man I'm sure we can find radio stations that say otherwise. these are dudes who just sit around and give their opinions.

once again..opinions.

It wasn't an opinion. This was straight from the Jets who told the ESPN radio source.

they probably had jersies made for everybody they wanted.

You got it. The Sanchez pick would have happened if Dan and Vinny could have made it happen. Besides the Skins had no idea that Orakpo was going to be available at 13 anyway. Anyone who thinks that they did not have a number of jerseys printed up are kidding themselves.

Wait...is it possible to have more than one jersey?????????????????????????????? Crazy. Bottom line, we didn't have what it took to get Sanchez. We lost out on him. Now, Orakpo looks great. But let's not act like this was the plan.

wow...so YOU know the deal but nobody else does?

when has danny ever NOT had what it took to get someone? this will be the first time and Sanchez isnt even as big name as some of the players he has gotten.

lol. Yeah no chance they had a jersey made for their entire top five. That would just make too much sense. Give me a break.

Actually, that would make zero sense.

I mean, why would the Skins make up a jersey for Stafford? lol...Even beyond the fact that Detroit was obviously signing him, the Skins apparently loved Sanchez more than Stafford. Also, are you saying that the Skins sent a jersey to Sanchez already?...Because since he wasn't in New York, taking a "Sanchez" jersey TO New York wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Now, they very well may have sent Sanchez a jersey or hat...apparently the Jets did...but so far we haven't heard anything saying they did.

I think teams that are picking at #13 would have Jerseys of those players they want AND have a realistic chance of getting. I think Vinny's comment was merely to say that picking Orakpo was not a "2nd choice" type of pick, or some sort of consolation prize...that he was indeed someone they truly wanted probably as much as everyone claimed they wanted Sanchez.

Maybe the Jets needed to save face for what they gave up to get Sanchez?? Hmmmmm.

Perhaps. I'm simply reporting something from Espn Radio that i thought was interesting to find out. It's no less important or subject to scrutiny than what Vinny says. Either could be a lie. But honestly, I don't think the Jets were lying. I think we would have done it if they would have accepted. Snyder wanted him bad.

If you guys listen to the audio from Vinny, a reporter asked if the skins made inquiries to trade up for Sanchez. Vinny was very blunt and clear and said yes they did. They didn't do anything because the price was too high.

If you think about it, since they said they would not trade next year's first round pick, we only had our 1st, 3rd, and 5th as ammunition (I don't think a 6th or 7th rounder matters much) to move up from 13 to #5. So yes, I could have seen it happening.

As far as the jersey thing, c'mon. If there is one thing you can say about Snyder is that he does things first class. I'm sure he had jersey's made of a few different guys.

wow...so YOU know the deal but nobody else does?

when has danny ever NOT had what it took to get someone? this will be the first time and Sanchez isnt even as big name as some of the players he has gotten.

I dont KNOW the deal. But it seems pretty obvious if we were willing to give up nearly our entire draft, that we just didn't have what it was going to take. The Jets wanted him for a ton...they didn't want Jason Campbell for even a little.

I call bull****.

If we were willing to do it, why didn't we do it?

Why did we have an Orakpo jersey already made and sent up to NY.

All a smoke screen if you ask me.

There's no way we could have known orakpo would fall. Unless they have a machine that can churn out a jersey on a moments notice, my guess is they printed out a few jerseys, to suit whoever we might have picked. My guess is there's a Sanchez jersey in that pile too, about to get incinerated.

Funny, I literally just finished reading THIS on NFL.com in which Vinny says he spent an hour trying to trade up to be sure they could get Orakpo.

~Bang

Cleveland told the Jets the Skins wanted to give away their draft, Jets told ESPN

Redskins, never called the Browns ;)

people believe what they want to

Cutler?? Briggs??

did you really just say briggs? was that ever validated? seriously man, thats media bull**** you are buying in to like its gospel.

I dont KNOW the deal. But it seems pretty obvious if we were willing to give up nearly our entire draft, that we just didn't have what it was going to take. The Jets wanted him for a ton...they didn't want Jason Campbell for even a little.

youre right. we werent willing to give up everything for jay freaking cutler but we would give it ALL up for an unproven rookie.

oh, well if the JETS said it then it just MUST be true...

:doh:

hmm, do you think cleveland and kid belicheck might have said, hey the redskins are giving us a lot so maybe you should up it.

nooooo that could never happen, i've never heard of an agent using the skins as a bargaining chip to drive up the price.

and you think the jets are going to come out and say "hey, no one else wanted him but we sold the farm anyway"

It wasn't an opinion. This was straight from the Jets who told the ESPN radio source.

Wait...the Jets claimed that the Skins claimed that they were willing to give up their entire draft? Funny, because I highly doubt the Skins negotiated with the Jets to move up lol...So it would have to be, the Jets claimed that the Browns claimed that the Skins claimed that they were willing to give up their entire draft. Yeah, that sounds solid. :thumbsup:

By the way, did it occur to anyone that mayyyyybe the Jets' FO was trying to cover their asses for giving up so much, and saying they basically needed to because "The Redskins were willing to give up their entire draft!!" lol...No, I guess it didn't occur to anyone that that might be a possibility. Only the Skins' FO says things that aren't 100% accurate. Gotcha.

Maybe the Jets needed to save face for what they gave up to get Sanchez??

We have a winner!!!!

That's exactly right; heck, I just finished listening to a NY reporter on XM ranting about how mad he was the Jets paid through the nose for Sanchez. Tannenbaum will be in spin mode for weeks... months.... years? on this one. :evilg:

Archived