Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sun-Sentinel: Donte Stallworth Involved In Fatal Accident

drowland

Bubba,

Unless that statement about him being over the line has been retracted, I'd have to go digging to find the source. I don't remember where I read it. :/

I'm not saying he's not guilty of wrong doings, just that everything I have read hasn't given any details of what happened, and until there are.... it's not fair to prejudge.

Stallworth was just another arrogant thug driving around Miami after a night of making it rain. I am sure the truth will come out. I wish black players would get it together. You never hear about Tom Brady or Chris Cooley driving around Miami in a bentley running over innocent bystanders. This hip hop blinged out criminal lifestyle needs to stop.

This is just so wrong on so many levels. This is one of those situations where someone needed to keep their opinions to themselves.

I am young and black myself. I hang with people who think like them. This is why my people are screwed up so bad.
I understand what you mean. We've got incredibly famous thugs like PacMan, OJ Simpson, and 50 Cent. And on the other end of the spectrum we've got sanctimonious, holier-than-thou types like yourself and Al Sharpton. All just as ignorant. It would be hard for me not to be pessimistic, too, if I just ignored all the good. Like all the charitable work Warrick Dunn does. Or how every offseason Osi Umenyiora visits foreign countries(Nigeria this year/Iraq the one before) to help those less fortunate than himself. Or the numerous other black athletes who give back to their communities. But I guess because they happen to be African-Americans they're just doing that work in between smackin' around ****es and bustin' caps in suckas asses.

I understand what you mean. We've got incredibly famous thugs like PacMan, OJ Simpson, and 50 Cent. And on the other end of the spectrum we've got sanctimonious, holier-than-thou types like yourself and Al Sharpton. All just as ignorant. It would be hard for me not to be pessimistic, too, if I just ignored all the good. Like all the charitable work Warrick Dunn does. Or how every offseason Osi Umenyiora visits foreign countries(Nigeria this year/Iraq the one before) to help those less fortunate than himself. Or the numerous other black athletes who give back to their communities. But I guess because they happen to be African-Americans they're just doing that work in between smackin' around ****es and bustin' caps in niggas asses.

Strongly worded, but entirely true. You can also add guys like Nnamdi Asomugha and our own Malcolm Kelly to that list.

Stallworth was just another arrogant thug driving around Miami after a night of making it rain. I am sure the truth will come out. I wish black players would get it together. You never hear about Tom Brady or Chris Cooley driving around Miami in a bentley running over innocent bystanders. This hip hop blinged out criminal lifestyle needs to stop.

I don't know Stallworth, but I do know that in this country a man is innocent until proven guilty. I think your way too early in your judgment of Stallworth.

Early reports so far have not drawn any conclusions on what happened and how other than an accident had occurred.

Where in the reports does it say ANYTHING about Stallworth being in a club "making it rain?" Also, you are faulting him for driving a Bentley of all things, and ASSUMING that this "hip-hop blinged out" criminal lifestyle had something to do with the accident. You are wrong on so many levels it isn't even funny. A man died. RIP to the victim, but lets wait until ALL the details come out before formulating opinions....even as ridiculous as they may be. You have turned this into a black/white issue for no reason. Congrats.

You bring up Cooley and Brady and not hearing about them driving over innocent bystanders, but who (professional athletes) exactly DO YOU hear about driving over innocent bystanders? Again, you are trying your hardest to turn this into a black/white issue.

Bringing up DeAngelo Hall is a joke as well. Taking issue with him being in a club LOL. Well, on Page Six ALL THE TIME in the NY News (when they were living in NY) there would be articles about Brady and Gisele Bunchden going out to party at various lounges and bars all around the city. But you knew that right? And lets not kid ourselves...Chris Cooley enjoys a beer just as much as anyone else who works a hard job during the year. These guys are allowed to have lives outside of their profession. As long as they are being responsible about what they are doing what's the issue?

This all goes back to Stallworth....you are placing blame on a man and a race due to your issues with the various things you precieve. Sometimes your preception is more damaging than the actual truth. You don't know what Stallworth was doing at that time. So what good is jumping to conclusions? All I'm saying is just let everything play out, and the details will be sure to come.

I got this in the mail last night

josephine_03_15_09deangelo_back2.jpg

D. Hall has no business in a DC night club. This has Donte or Pac Man written all over it. D.Hall hasnt won a thing. He should be at home studying film or going over his playbook. I really hope D.Hall makes it home safely tonight. I dont want to find him all over the news.

As a season ticket holder I get upset when i find advertisements about Redskins attending night clubs and parties. All I can think about is how great the Wizards could have been if they didnt go to Love or DC Live after every damn game. I swear Goodell should ban players from night clubs.

shutt up... what right do you have to monitor players social lives? players can be human too...

wow season ticket holder gets mad because a player is out at a party...

you are what is wrong with america.

Bubba,

Re read the article with a fresh mind, and its text is different than the one I first read, which made it sound like he was in the left hand lane. Now when I read that I immediately thought he was over the double yellow line, but I've never been to Miami, I don't know whether it was a one way road, a free way, etc. I am not trying to judge the guy. I just feel sorry for the browns who just don't seem to get any traction at all. I also think we've not heard the end of it, so I'll leave it at that.

Stallworth, 28, was driving a 2-door Bentley east on the left side of the road just after 7:15 a.m. toward Miami Beach when he struck a 49-year-old pedestrian crossing the roadway near Terminal Island and Mcarthur Parkway, said Detective Juan Sanchez, a spokesman for the Miami Beach Police Department.

How'd everyone miss that nugget?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandoverLex

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::chair:

I feel your pain, and I am indeed tired of hearing about the Vicks' and Pacmans of the NFL. But you are heavely wrong on many accounts. These issues aren't race issues, they are human issues. I think a lot of athletes in all sports these days take the glory for granted when they make decisions. We never hear about Tom Brady going around Miami making it rain? That's because he is a champion to the media. but I am sure that a guy as handsome(no homo) as Brady is enjoys a night out with his entourage at classy clubs just like the one you pointed out in an off-topic flyer. I'm surprised you didn't mention Matt Jones, or a few other white players, since you took the liberty to refer us to black criminal athletes. And you want the NFL players to have a curfew? Is this Coach Carter? IS THIS THE NAVY!? These are grown men. Enough said. I understand that these players are role models and that they respresent a very wealthy organization, but at some point, we cannot put them on a whole other level like they are not allowed to trip on a sidewalk and fall into the doors of a nightclub. :silly:

but all else aside, it is a fact its not a race issue, but maybe a WR issue? (Burress, Matt Jones, Henry, Stallworth,) jk

these players are humans before they are athletes, and they are humans before they are a different "race." As far as I know, there is only one race...the human race?(oh yeah, and dallas fans race)

If he were not impaired, and the guy was running across the street in the middle of the block to catch a bus. and he didn't see him until it was too late, you would probably be mistaken in your assumption.

All the facts are not out.

:2cents:

Let the facts come out.

I took a left turn once and hit 2 people once. I didn't have time to stop in time. It was like slow motion. It was the people's fault, they were crossing the street in a no crossing zone. I felt so sick, I took off work the next day. I never did hear from them, I figured it was some illegals that I hit.

So, let the facts come out first before final judgment is passed.

Can't make any assumptions until all the facts come out. This has been stated before but some seem to have missed the point.

Actually, maybe they didn't miss the point. Maybe they just let their prejudices and stereotypical views form their opinions.

Not like it hasn't happened before.

The possibilty Stallworth was out on the town like D. Hall will be.

What the hell is wrong with being out on the town? Why do you assume that being out on the town is synonymous with gang banging and drunk driving?

These are grown men who can make decisions for themselves. You don't assume all players wreak havoc when they're out because of a few isolated incidents ala Pacman.

It still boggles my mind that professional athletes, who make millions of dollars a year, and have no problem throwing down a thousand a night at a club, won't spend a couple hundred on a driver to take them wherever they want, or dare I even say it, $30 on a cab?? Every DUI, reckless driving, or even worse, this incident, could easily be avoided.

UPDATE: CBS 4 Miami / Ft Lauderdale reports unconfirmed sources say Stallworth was over the legal limit.

Full story

Hoping for his sake that the source is mistaken. Awful situation for everyone involved.

:doh:

If he was at a .012 he could be facing some serious time. Up to 15 years!

If it's true, I hope he gets more then the 90 day sentence Leonard Little got.

Archived