Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sun-Sentinel: Donte Stallworth Involved In Fatal Accident

drowland

I can almost gurantee he wasnt headed for 7am mass or he wasnt out feeding the children. This arrogant prick was leaving some strip club in miami with a few Hoes.
There were hoes in the car? Maybe Dante has a garden? Anyway, the police are waiting on blood test results without placing any charges yet, so it is unlikely he was acting hammered anyway. IDK how this is going to turn out, but aren't you rushing to judgement with very few facts?

I got this in the mail last night

D. Hall has no business in a DC night club. This has Donte or Pac Man written all over it. D.Hall hasnt won a thing. He should be at home studying film or going over his playbook. I really hope D.Hall makes it home safely tonight. I dont want to find him all over the news.

As a season ticket holder I get upset when i find advertisements about Redskins attending night clubs and parties. All I can think about is how great the Wizards could have been if they didnt go to Love or DC Live after every damn game. I swear Goodell should ban players from night clubs.

You jump to conclusions too much!

Have you been to Josephine before? I take it as you have never been there before. That place can hold but so many people. To get in you must make a table reservation that requires you purchase bottles of champagne in advance. If all of the tables are gone and on most nights they are sold out than the folks who try to enter at the door can't get in. The place is a classy spot nothing like the regular nightclubs or go-gos you may have been to in the past.

I can almost gurantee he wasnt headed for 7am mass or he wasnt out feeding the children. This arrogant prick was leaving some strip club in miami with a few Hoes.

Wtf difference does it make where Stallworth was coming from when the accident occurred?...Does it make the death any less tragic or any more forgivable if he were on his way to a charity instead of on his way home from a night club?

If there were any alcohol or drugs in his system, THAT'S what matters. And guess what...you can have both in your system while driving to church or to help out at the orphanage.

Seriously, your reasoning and attitude aren't helping blacks anymore than you claim Stallworth's situation is.

I feel for The Williams family and it was a tragedy. If Goodell had required players under contract to be under curfew. Darrent would probably be here today.

Goodell can't require that. The NFLPA wouldn't allow it. Even if he could, he shouldn't. These are grown men, not kids. They know the risks involved going out to clubs.

I feel for The Williams family and it was a tragedy. If Goodell had required players under contract to be under curfew. Darrent would probably be here today.

These are grown men working at their jobs, just like anyone else. How would you like your boss to tell you what you can and cannot do once you're out of the workplace?

Like someone else said, these guys are grown men and not children.

I honestly don't think he's being serious..... at least I hope not (OLS)

I'm pretty sure he is. On the one hand, I can understand his frustration at guys like Pacman who give his race a bad name. However, I can't really justify his attitude that Stallworth was grouped in with them without having any details whatsoever.

D. Hall has no business in a DC night club. This has Donte or Pac Man written all over it. D.Hall hasnt won a thing. He should be at home studying film or going over his playbook. I really hope D.Hall makes it home safely tonight. I dont want to find him all over the news.

As a season ticket holder I get upset when i find advertisements about Redskins attending night clubs and parties. All I can think about is how great the Wizards could have been if they didnt go to Love or DC Live after every damn game. I swear Goodell should ban players from night clubs.

I'm going to assume you didn't spend too much time at night clubs. I've been more than 100 times to various DC night clubs, not a thing has ever happened to me. You can have a social life and not be stupid.

Also, what the hell is the point of the fame and fortune if you can't have fun? Screw that.

That would be a great way to send even more talent to bsaeball and basketball. Football is already the worst professional sport of the big three. Making it worse wouldn't be good for football. It would shorten careers because once players had enough money they'd retire... not having a social life is a HUGE motivator. People change jobs all the time because they consume too much of their free time, a job that eliminated it all together would be short term for most stars.

You are officially a whack job. Williams was killed at 2am on New Years Day. Responsibly riding in the back of a hired limo. He was not a blood. He was not a crip. He just took a bullet in the neck not meant for him.

Should NFL players not be allowed to celebrate their birthdays either?

I got this in the mail last night

Wow....Let the guy have some fun pops. He is from here anyway....he should have the right to party in the OFF-Season is he wants to.

Stallworth was just another arrogant thug driving around Miami after a night of making it rain. I am sure the truth will come out. I wish black players would get it together. You never hear about Tom Brady or Chris Cooley driving around Miami in a bentley running over innocent bystanders. This hip hop blinged out criminal lifestyle needs to stop.
This video pretty much summarizes how invincible the young arrogant black athlete feels like. Stallworth will pay dearly for taking another mans life.

I am young and black myself. I hang with people who think like them. This is why my people are screwed up so bad.

Not cool. And Darrent Williams wasn't involved in anything shady, he got hit by a stray bullet. Being black doesn't give you a free pass to say dudes are criminals just because they're black.

Judging from the reports he was driving reckless and crossed the center line. That to me is irresponsible at best even if you take the death of the bystander out of it. Of course we haven't heard the last of this either I bet.

I haven't read any of that, no information has been released as of yet

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/nflnewsfeed/2009/03/stallworth-involved-in-fatal-accident.html

Stallworth Involved in Fatal Accident

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth reportedly was driving a vehicle that struck and killed a pedestrian this morning in Miami Beach, Fla.

A police spokesman told the Associated Press that Stallworth's car hit a man who was crossing the causeway linking downtown Miami and Miami Beach around 7 a.m. today.

According to the AP, the man later was pronounced dead at a trauma center.

It's not clear if the pedestrian was crossing the street legally or if Stallworth violated any traffic laws.

No charges have been filed against Stallworth at this point, according to the AP. He reportedly had his blood drawn to be tested for alcohol and drugs, which the AP described as routine procedure in such a matter.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/mar/14/stallworth-hits-kills-pedestrian-car/

MIAMI — Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth, a former standout at the University of Tennessee, hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley on Saturday morning on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach, police said.

Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit Mario Reyes, 59, around 7 a.m., said Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez. The unidentified pedestrian was taken to a nearby trauma center, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later. Reyes was near a crosswalk but it’s not clear if he was crossing legally.

Stallworth, 28, was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine. Sanchez said results from the blood test could take anywhere from three days to three weeks.

Archived