Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sun-Sentinel: Donte Stallworth Involved In Fatal Accident

drowland

I was waiting until all the evidence before I passed judgement and hoped this wasnt the case. I had a feeling this would come out though. I just dont understand why they dont take cabs, limos, or something man anything but driving drunk. For the cost of the bentley he could have paid for cabs or limos for years instead. I feel bad for the guy because I know I have probably driven at times I shouldnt have but I dont make anything close the money this guy does.... Freaking shame.

I was waiting until all the evidence before I passed judgement and hoped this wasnt the case. I had a feeling this would come out though. I just dont understand why they dont take cabs, limos, or something man anything but driving drunk. For the cost of the bentley he could have paid for cabs or limos for years instead. I feel bad for the guy because I know I have probably driven at times I shouldnt have but I dont make anything close the money this guy does.... Freaking shame.

I don't really feel bad for him at all.

Something about having selfishness to the point of killing another person that kind of dissolves any sort of pity . . .

This is bad for the Skins. This means that now Goodell is going to have to make an example out of Haynesworth to save some face for the league. How much you wanna bet Haynesworth gets the book thrown at him now. Stupid ass Donte Stallworth. The guy sucks so bad he's even ****ing up a team he's not even on.

This is bad for the Skins. This means that now Goodell is going to have to make an example out of Haynesworth to save some face for the league. How much you wanna bet Haynesworth gets the book thrown at him now. Stupid ass Donte Stallworth. The guy sucks so bad he's even ****ing up a team he's not even on.

This has no bearing on the Haynesworth situation considering in Haynesworth case it's just a misdemeanor charge compared to Stallworth that could possibly face felony and various other charges leading to a person's death

This has no bearing on the Haynesworth situation considering in Haynesworth case it's just a misdemeanor charge compared to Stallworth that could possibly face felony and various other charges leading to a person's death

I'm talking about discipline from Goodell administered from the personal conduct policy. A lot of NFL players have been involved in accidents or have been ticketed for drinving like a madman, and this is just the icing on the cake. Goodell will make it clear to the rest of the league that this type of behavior is unacceptable and will use Haynesworth as his example (he did paralyze a guy). Expect a multi-game suspension to start the 2009 season. Oh boy!

I feel for The Williams family and it was a tragedy. If Goodell had required players under contract to be under curfew. Darrent would probably be here today.

Curfew? Professional athletes, who are also legal adults, with freedoms of life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness. These same legal adults who largely are responsible citizens.

There is absolutely no way a curfew could be imposed by the league, and in the off season for that matter. Now maybe a coach can impose a curfew during camp, or the day before a game and road trips. But what you suggest is insane.

What a stupid ****.

Big ass roster bonus on the Friday, life over on the Saturday.

I hope they throw the book at you Donte and make a real example. If your "big" enough to get behind a wheel drunk, your sure as hell big enough to suffer the consequences. The guy who's life you took and his family sure as Hell have to live with them.

I've waited for the details to come out before commenting, and now they all but have, he'll get the sympathy he deserves from this quarter, NONE!

Deepest condolences to the Williams family. RIP.

Hail.

i'm pretty sure its not official yet. the miami police refused to verify the story... hopefully its not true.

True man, but I doubt the news station would run with it without being pretty sure in their source, whomever that may be.

Maybe's I'm castigating too soon, but if it doe's prove to be true, I stand by everything in my previous post.

Hail.

Theoretically, Donte' could have been over the legal limit and not responsible.

For instance, if he's driving straight down the road (assuming he's not also gunning it 20 mph over the limit) and some guy runs into the street, he could hit him and not really be AT FAULT.

I'm not defending him at all and when you kill someone and you're drunk, you kind of have to wonder.

But there is a street in Cedar Rapids that has a lot of people jaywalking and police are going after people because of it. it's dangerous and I can just imagine someone getting hit by someone late at night and the person being 'over limit' but that 'drunk' person not being responsible.

That said, I have no issue if they throw the book at him, so long as the evidence supports the overall narrative we're leaning towards now.

For instance, if he's driving straight down the road (assuming he's not also gunning it 20 mph over the limit) and some guy runs into the street, he could hit him and not really be AT FAULT.

I think that is more of an argument for the civil suit to follow, where they place percentages of blame. In any case, a drunk driver is usually assumed to be responsible because it is medically proven a drunk person has slower reflexes and a sober person could have avoided the accident. Sometimes that's not realistic, but courts are unsympathetic. So am I. And it appears he was almost twice the legal level.

He's about to be Prisoner # _____________ at the __________ Prison.

He deserves the book. Frankly, I think he should get the death penality but they don't do that for killing people while driving drunk.

Going a little off topic, but still relevant, I wouldn't totally disagree with that at all.

You get behind the wheel drunk, your no different to getting a gun and shooting someone down. Your in charge of a highly lethal weapon, which ever way you cut it.

Always been a great believer of a life for a life. Maybe a little strong in cases like this, but it certainly has it's merit.

Hail.

Going a little off topic, but still relevant, I wouldn't totally disagree with that at all.

You get behind the wheel drunk, your no different to getting a gun and shooting someone down. Your in charge of a highly lethal weapon, which ever way you cut it.

Always been a great believer of a life for a life. Maybe a little strong in cases like this, but it certainly has it's merit.

Hail.

I don't know. I think there's a difference between meaning to end someone's life and ending it accidentally. 100 times out of 100, I'm sure Donte' or almost (there are a few scumbags) any drunk driver who has taken a life wished it had never happened.

And there are too many people who've been killed a result of someone being tired and "knowing they could have slept for an hour on the side of the road" for me to look specifically at this as somehow different and worthy of the death sentence. Or what about someone who is distracted all the time while driving?

I'd probably beat someone to death if they killed my mother while talking on the cell phone but I wouldn't want that to be adopted as public policy :)

In some states, the fact that you are drunk automatically places you at fault. Whether or not you would have been at fault had you been sober. This is based on the fact that you are not supposed to be driving drunk and if you obeyed the law and had a sober driver/cab/limo you would not have been in that accident.

No matter what, I think he is in for a world of hurt, both financially and legally.

I don't know. I think there's a difference between meaning to end someone's life and ending it accidentally. 100 times out of 100, I'm sure Donte' or almost (there are a few scumbags) any drunk driver who has taken a life wished it had never happened.

And there are too many people who've been killed a result of someone being tired and "knowing they could have slept for an hour on the side of the road" for me to look specifically at this as somehow different and worthy of the death sentence. Or what about someone who is distracted all the time while driving?

I'd probably beat someone to death if they killed my mother while talking on the cell phone but I wouldn't want that to be adopted as public policy :)

Yeah, like I ended my response, maybe that would be a little harsh, and I'd probably sway more on looking at each individual case on it's own merits having sat and thought on this.

But at the VERY least, any death by drunken driving should carry a **** long prison sentence. (With maybes scope for even more if it were a repeated drunk driver that just refused to learn.).

You get behind the wheel of what is essentially a killing machine, knowing your drunk and running the risk of your senses being impaired, however little you've had, or however you think you can handle it, and that results in someone's life being taken, you should face the maximum punishment.

Bottom line, no one forces you to decide to take the wheel.

Hail.

Study: Talking on Cell Phone as Dangerous as Driving Drunk

Friday, June 30, 2006

By Robert Roy Britt

An unexpected finding: While some of the participants crashed in a virtual vehicle while sober and chatting, none of them crashed while drunk.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201586,00.html

Cell Phone Drivers as Bad as Drunk Drivers

"impairments associated with using a cell phone while driving can be as profound as those associated with driving while drunk"

http://www.dui.com/dui-library/related/cell-phone-drivers

A lot of poeple are seeing this as a case closed throw the book at Donte type of deal ...if you think that and you have used a cell phone while driving it seems you might be a hypocrite cause you are no better.

My point is, being over the legal limit didnt' mean he was drunk or even impaired ... you can't just see this in black and white.

My point is, being over the legal limit didnt' mean he was drunk or even impaired ... you can't just see this in black and white.

Point being, agree with it or disagree with it, the law is the law and it's there for a reason.

You may have, or rather think you have, a much higher alcohol tolerance level than the law suggests, but if you drink over that limit, regardless, and get behind a wheel, your in control of a lethal weapon, against what the law say's, and should be treated as such.

And yes, doubtless many of us are hypocrits, both as regards alcohol and using a 'phone while driving. I know I should use a hands free set, but I still take calls, and worse, text at times.

Does this make it right to do it? HELL NO.

But I'm a grown adult, and understand the consequences if I injured someone or worse, and would expect the full force of the law to come down on my reckless ass.

Hail.

Archived