Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sun-Sentinel: Donte Stallworth Involved In Fatal Accident

drowland

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-0314-bn-fatal-crash-miami-beach,0,1836334.story

Cleveland Browns' Donte Stallworth was involved in fatal accident in Miami Beach

Early-morning accident snarled traffic for hours

By Andrew Ba Tran

12:40 PM EDT, March 14, 2009

MIAMI BEACH - Cleveland Browns' wide receiver Donté Stallworth was involved in a car accident on the McArthur Causeway that left a 49-year-old man dead this morning, according to police.

Stallworth, 28, was driving a 2-door Bentley east on the left side of the road just after 7:15 a.m. toward Miami Beach when he struck a 49-year-old pedestrian crossing the roadway near Terminal Island and Mcarthur Parkway, said Detective Juan Sanchez, a spokesman for the Miami Beach Police Department.

The accident victim was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Officials have not released the identity of the victim pending family notification.

According to witnesses, the victim worked at a nearby shipping company as an overnight crane operator. The man had just finished his shift and was crossing the street to catch a bus when he was struck.

Charges are pending the results of the investigation and blood tests, said Sanchez. Stallworth was cooperating with authorities and has not been charged, he said.

Eastbound McArthur Causeway was shut down for several hours while officials investigated the scene.

Stallworth joined the Browns in 2008 on a $35 million contract after playing for the New England Patriots.

-SFL reporter Amber Lyon contributed to this report.

Wow....

Looks like he probably won't be playing this season

If he were not impaired, and the guy was running across the street in the middle of the block to catch a bus. and he didn't see him until it was too late, you would probably be mistaken in your assumption.

All the facts are not out.

:2cents:

Wow....

"Crossing the street to catch a bus" sounds to me like the guy ran into the road, sad story :(

If Donte wasn't in the wrong, I feel terrible for him as well. That's not something you can just forget about easily.

Wow....

It really depends on whether Donte broke some sort of traffic law in the process, i.e. running a stop sign. If the pedestrian just ran into the middle of the street and Donte couldn't do anything, then no charges can be filed against him.

If he did, he would be still be convicted of manslaughter, as opposed to murder. Not sure what the state law for vehicular manslaughter would be, but it could be absolutely ANYWHERE from just a fine/year in prison to 10+ years in prison.

*edit* found some more info...with regard to these cases, previous criminal history can also be taken into account. I'm pretty sure Stallworth is legally in good shape, and as long as no drugs or alcohol were found to be a contributing factor, I feel like he could very easily get off with a fine, even if he did break a traffic law.

Come back to me in 5 years when I'm hopefully an actual lawyer!

I got this in the mail last night

josephine_03_15_09deangelo_back2.jpg

D. Hall has no business in a DC night club. This has Donte or Pac Man written all over it. D.Hall hasnt won a thing. He should be at home studying film or going over his playbook. I really hope D.Hall makes it home safely tonight. I dont want to find him all over the news.

As a season ticket holder I get upset when i find advertisements about Redskins attending night clubs and parties. All I can think about is how great the Wizards could have been if they didnt go to Love or DC Live after every damn game. I swear Goodell should ban players from night clubs.

This has what to do with Stallworth?

It doesn't.

Just because a guy goes out to a nightclub, during the offseason, when there are no games to play, doesn't make them Pacman.

Plenty of NFL players go out and enjoy themselves without getting into legal trouble. We just hear about the ones that do. There's absolutely no reason to believe Hall would fall into the latter group. He's never had legal problems.

This has what to do with Stallworth?

Stallworth was just another arrogant thug driving around Miami after a night of making it rain. I am sure the truth will come out. I wish black players would get it together. You never hear about Tom Brady or Chris Cooley driving around Miami in a bentley running over innocent bystanders. This hip hop blinged out criminal lifestyle needs to stop.

D. Hall has no business in a DC night club. This has Donte or Pac Man written all over it. D.Hall hasnt won a thing. He should be at home studying film or going over his playbook. I really hope D.Hall makes it home safely tonight. I dont want to find him all over the news.

As a season ticket holder I get upset when i find advertisements about Redskins attending night clubs and parties. All I can think about is how great the Wizards could have been if they didnt go to Love or DC Live after every damn game. I swear Goodell should ban players from night clubs.

:doh:

Really dude? No NFL players are allowed to have fun in the offseason? Obviously if he plays poorly next season it will be because he's just like Pacman and goes to clubs...

And I would love to see the day Goodell bans players from nightclubs. Would you rather have them be practicing routes and blocking between 11 and 4am?

Edit: Now I can't tell if you're being serious or not...

Stallworth was just another arrogant thug driving around Miami after a night of making it rain. I am sure the truth will come out. I wish black players would get it together. You never hear about Tom Brady or Chris Cooley driving around Miami in a bentley running over innocent bystanders. This hip hop blinged out criminal lifestyle needs to stop.

Wow. There are absolutely no details out and you're making assumptions based solely on his race?

Originally Posted by LandoverLex viewpost.gif

So you're a bigot who doesn't believe players should be able to have fun at all?

I can almost gurantee he wasnt headed for 7am mass or he wasnt out feeding the children. This arrogant prick was leaving some strip club in miami with a few Hoes.

I like how you capitalized Hoes. How is Donte in real life since you know him so well? You're really just being a racist towards your own race.

Archived