Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Places you hate to drive.

Spaceman Spiff

Different from places you hate to go. This is places you hate to drive, it can be a town, state, city, specific stretch of highway, etc.

I used to hate driving in the city, but the more I do it, it's not as bad. However, I do hate when I want to make a turn and see that it's a one way street.

I do hate traffic circles though. Who ever thought that was a good ****ing idea? Someone sat around and thought "Hey, I know! Let's just make a circle that people drive around that is hard to get into and nearly IMPOSSIBLE to switch lanes once you get inside it! On top of that, lets throw a few crosswalks in there so not only are drivers dodging cars and having to pay attention to lights, they also run the risk of hitting a pedestrian! Awesome idea!!!"

Traffic circles BLOW.

Pennsylvania. Miss your exit? You're gonna waste half hour of your life backtracking.
Pennsylvania has the worst roads. They all look like they've dried-up and died. I do give the drivers there credit for understanding the "rules of the road" and maintaining reasonable flow. However, their idea of a merge lane is hilarious/slightly insane. How can someone merge onto a highway with a 25 ft merge lane? They've resorted to installing traffic lights at many of the merge areas, but it doesn't make it any better.

yesterday was the ****ing miz. i was driving from baltimore back home to williamsburg. normally a 3 1/2 commute which i have no problem with as i plan my route according to what time i'm leaving and the traffic situation. i leave baltimore at 11 am, thinking 95 will be fine and this drive will be easy, no problem, piece of cake. well as many of you may know they recently split 495 north of the woodrow wilson bridge into thru traffic and local traffic. this split takes place probably 3-5 miles north of the bridge.

the masterminds decide that it would be best to do construction at the south end (near atown, va) of the thru traffic split where the thru traffic once again merges with the local lanes, without telling anyone. so from all the way back in maryland with no warning the thru traffic lanes are backed up for at least an 1 1/2 hours trying to get across the bridge and into VA. the construction has shut down both lanes and is making ALL the thru traffic for MD into Virginia drive on the shoulder. the whole time i'm watching the local traffic fly on by and easily merge back on 95 south of the bridge. i have no problem with the construction, but why the **** did the decide to not tell anyone that they had shut down both lanes south of the bridge, its absolutely moronic and the traffic was completely avoidable had they moved all traffic into the local lanes.

Archived